Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we're on the topic of SG1 movie 3:

Spoiler:
    The movie was originally written by Brad Wright to be an event that happens just before SGU started (and was supposed to be filmed and released then), but now that we're at the end of SGU, I wonder if he'll change the script completely? If the movie ever happens, I wonder if it will be so far off the course of events that it may be confusing to audiences if the movie is supposed to take place before SGU. And, if he re-writes it, will it still be Jack-centric? And, will we still get our confirmation scene? I really hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
      Since we're on the topic of SG1 movie 3:

Spoiler:
      The movie was originally written by Brad Wright to be an event that happens just before SGU started (and was supposed to be filmed and released then), but now that we're at the end of SGU, I wonder if he'll change the script completely? If the movie ever happens, I wonder if it will be so far off the course of events that it may be confusing to audiences if the movie is supposed to take place before SGU. And, if he re-writes it, will it still be Jack-centric? And, will we still get our confirmation scene? I really hope so!
      Comment:

Spoiler:
      It wouldn't be difficult to change the 'timing' of certain events. The plot and character beats wouldn't need to change much.

And I believe we'll get an opening confirmation with a few more little bits sprinkled through as the plot unfolds and intensifies.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

SGU:

Spoiler:
        I will eventually watch the most recent episode of SGU somewhere on the web. However, having read snippets of an attack on Homeworld Security, which is apparently in Washington D.C., I have to wonder how one of the most defended cities in the world (esp. after 9/11) could be attacked by ships from space. What happened to our Hammond, Odyssey, Daedelus-class ships? How could the attackers possibly have gotten through the defenses of Washington D.C.? Yes, I can see them getting through to say Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado Springs or maybe some other major city. But Washington D.C.? That stretches the elastic of belief to the snapping point for me. And obviously this belongs in another thread, but since it's being sort of discussed here, what the heck.

Comment

Thinkin' it's time for a sig-banner change!
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Yay, Pol! I love it.

Comment

I hear ya all on the SGU discussion. I just don't have anything to add besides maybe...

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Spoiler:
              still would be nice to get some decent fan fic outta this with O'Neill, Carter, Daniel and Teal'c talking about what happened while we're waiting to see the entire thing.
              Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              SGU:

Spoiler:
              <snip>

Anyway, I agree that a fic is certainly called for on this one. Must not add to list. MUST. NOT. . . Oh crap. I guess it's on the list.
              YES PLEASE!

So as to how Sam tells Jack she is pregnant, I've decided she doesn't. I think it would be the other way around. Jack tells Sam. I have a germ of an idea and it I ever get the time a fic may ensue.
              Okay. Now, I'm intrigued.

Better write!

Regrets, depends entirely on when we're talking about. But I thought of one regret that is really more mine than the characters' although Sam and Jack may share some of this sentiment. I regret that Jack never got to call Jacob "Dad" for real (you know because Jack actually married his daughter ). I miss Jacob.
              Agreed.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              Thinkin' it's time for a sig-banner change!
              YAY.
              I believe too.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                I believe we've just seen the beginning of the new SG-1 movie in this episode of SGU. And I can't help but be so incredibly annoyed that I had to watch characters I have no interest in deal with their little bit of the
                Spoiler:
                assault on Earth.

I kept thinking where are Sam, Jack, Daniel and the rest of the people I know and actually care about. Not even a single mention and one would think there would be if
                Spoiler:
                O'Neill's Command was attacked...not to mention the entire planet!
                EXACTLY!!

sally

sigpic

Comment

Small SGU rant:
                  Spoiler:
                  Oh SGU, you make us once again shake our heads.

I've already spent the whole of SGU's rein thinking "Why on Earth don't they get Daniel and Sam to use the communication stones and fix the friggin' ship?!" They're the world's foremost experts on the Ancients and Ancient technology, for cryin' out loud!!!

sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    SGU/3rd sg1 movie Comment:

Spoiler:
                    It wouldn't be difficult to change the 'timing' of certain events. The plot and character beats wouldn't need to change much.

And I believe we'll get an opening confirmation with a few more little bits sprinkled through as the plot unfolds and intensifies.
                    Spoiler:
                    i hope so!!

i want to see the confirmation more than i want to see the actual movie.

x 100!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      i hope so!!

i want to see the confirmation more than i want to see the actual movie.

x 100!
                      MGM and TPTB could film just the confirmation scene all by itself, and it would probably sell about a million copies!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        MGM and TPTB could film just the confirmation scene all by itself, and it would probably sell about a million copies!
                        I'd buy it

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                          I'd buy it
                          Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            yep!!

and if they included behind the scenes stuff, including multiple takes of the hoped-for confirmation kiss... mgm would be debt resistant!
                            Last edited by majorsal; 22 March 2011, 02:23 PM.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Welcome TG!!

And for Lucy and Pol:

]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Photoshop%20Art/th_FireandIceWP.jpg

I just got the new Atlantis and SG1 novels. As soon as I have time to read them I'll post my ship-biased comments.
                              *SWEET!* Thanks for the shippy Jack/Sam and Castle/Beckett pic, that was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                OMG!! Castle (WILDLY OT) but ship-related
                                Spoiler:
                                No, seriously...this is not about OUR ship, but still...
                                Spoiler:
                                Just watched a spoiler for tonight's Castle and Castle (Nathan Fillion) is confronting Kate (Stana Katic) and says, "...you know about shippers, you're a fan!"

I. Love. That!
                                Yeah!

Spoiler:
                                Castle and all the UST is definitely one of my favs now.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                Fantastic fic! And we all wonder exactly what happened after that hug. Beautiful piece, I agree with everyone.

Oh NO. We. Are. Not. Starting that.

I say it's BOTH - way to end the discussion.

*joins the staring club of Dee, trinity, hedwig and Lucycat*

x10000

*offers popcorn to fellow voyeuristic shippers*

Excellent. Ship-biased? Even better!
                                Blindly takes offered popcorn and continues.....

**staring**

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                still would be nice to see how they would react to recent events.
                                Jack would react the way he always does in these situations...

Spoiler:
                                ***Sam***

I've been thinking about Sally's questions and meant to respond to them earlier, but I can be a bit of an airhead at times.

So as to how Sam tells Jack she is pregnant, I've decided she doesn't. I think it would be the other way around. Jack tells Sam. I have a germ of an idea and it I ever get the time a fic may ensue.

Regrets, depends entirely on when we're talking about. But I thought of one regret that is really more mine than the characters' although Sam and Jack may share some of this sentiment. I regret that Jack never got to call Jacob "Dad" for real (you know because Jack actually married his daughter ). I miss Jacob.
                                Ohhh write it please!!!!

Yeah. At this point I kinda miss 'em all.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                yep!!

and if they included behind the scenes stuff, including multiple takes of the hoped-for confirmation kiss... mgm would be dept resistant!
                                Who you tellin'

**sighs**

Resolution

**sighs**
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X