Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I like 100 Days, but then I live deep in the angst cavern.

I think there had to be some measureable economic and military value to the work Sam was doing or she wouldn't have been allowed to continue.
    When I'm in the Cavern of Angst, I prefer to be able to see the Clouds of Fluff without too much effort and not far from the gutter.

I can think of one immediate military value to Sam's work in bringing Jack back in 100 Days, the capability of breaching a physically blocked stargate.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

In watching "The Other Side" again, I'm wondering how much of that look between Jack and Sam at the end was related to how eager both of them were at the beginning to obtain all that technology the Eurondans had, and how willing they were to not delve too deeply into the reasons for the war going on. Perhaps some of that look was shared "guilt" over that eagerness.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        When I'm in the Cavern of Angst, I prefer to be able to see the Clouds of Fluff without too much effort and not far from the gutter.
        Yes, I agree, this is what I like, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          You can actually watch that episode? You're a stronger woman than I!
          Haha! 100 days is one of my favourites.

I seem to like my angst very... angsty. (Can't think of a more appropriate adjective. ;P) I think I almost prefer it to fluffyness... What does that make me? But I do have a small corner for fluff in my comfortable cavern. I wouldn't survive without it!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Thanks. I was just watching "Nemesis", and when I saw that scene, I thought it would make a good avatar, so I changed to it.
          And I almost didn't recognized you! I was like "Who's that? *was forced to read usernames* Ahhh!

Yes, I recognize all of you by your avatars. If someone changes, I'm lost.
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Popping in to say hello everyone! Been very busy with Real Life as they say! Been doing a shipper rewatch of season 6 and have moved onto season 7, amazing how much you forget. Hope everyone is doing well and starting to see the signs of spring. Keeping the tragedy of Japan in my prayers as well. Everyone have a good week, back to Real Life, if you call Laundry, real life....At least I have Season 7 to keep me company....
            sigpic
            Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

I do like to pop in and see all the Angst *huggles the cavern*

*rudely butts in with fluffy arty stuff news*

OK, it's official!!!

Voting is Now OPEN!
              click ^ for link

See Page 1 of the Thread for Voting Rules and How to Register your votes

You have until 2nd April to get your votes in!!

Anyone is welcome to vote!! Just please read the rules carefully. If anyone has any questions, just PM me or Sarai
              Last edited by Oma-1; 13 March 2011, 12:20 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Aw y'all!

"My name is MoB, and I'm an angstaholic."

Love 100 days. IMO, first time Sam really faces her feelings for Jack.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  Aw y'all!

*huggles MoB* I hear ya!

Yep.

Nice job MoB, now I want to read post-100 days fics. Because there were serious missing scenes at the end... Recs anyone?
                  Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 13 March 2011, 07:05 PM. Reason: I can't write.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

*huggles MoB* I hear ya!

Yep.

Nice job MoB, now I want to read post-100 days fics. Because there were serious missing scenes at the end... Recs anyone?
                    There's bunches of post-Edora fics. Most of the ones I've come across relate to either Sam and Jack both being stranded on Edora, winding up together, having a child, and then being rescued. Bunches of others have Laira being pregnant with Jack's child, and winds up dying and Jack and Sam raise the baby. Some of these are rather unkind to Laira; others have Sam and her actually becoming friends during the pregnancy, etc. Some are well written; some are so-so. What kind are you interested in?

Comment

*huggles MoB* I hear ya!

Yep.

Sorry, hon. I'd write one, but given canon there's no way S& J could be together! Boo! Maybe something angsty in Sam's head? I have to admit I've not read any post-edora fics, alas, so I can't rec you anything.

If it makes you feel any better OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      I'll have a new Helen/John fic for you in a day or 2.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

There's bunches of post-Edora fics. Most of the ones I've come across relate to either Sam and Jack both being stranded on Edora, winding up together, having a child, and then being rescued. Bunches of others have Laira being pregnant with Jack's child, and winds up dying and Jack and Sam raise the baby. Some of these are rather unkind to Laira; others have Sam and her actually becoming friends during the pregnancy, etc. Some are well written; some are so-so. What kind are you interested in?
                        Hedwig! I was hoping you'd show up.

What about 'canon'? That definitly eliminates the first category. (I don't feel like reading AU tonight.) I know the canon ones won't have a happy ending, but what can I say? I love my angst!

Sorry, hon. I'd write one, but given canon there's no way S& J could be together! Boo!
                        But doesn't knowing they get together in the long run makes it okay? You could treat yourself with some shippy eps after! (We all need to recover from that much angst.)

If it makes you feel any better OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        I'll have a new Helen/John fic for you in a day or 2.
                        YAY! *throws confetti in the air*
                        sigpic

Comment

Hedwig! I was hoping you'd show up.

What about 'canon'? That definitly eliminates the first category. (I don't feel like reading AU tonight.) I know the canon ones won't have a happy ending, but what can I say? I love my angst!

But doesn't knowing they get together in the long run makes it okay? You could treat yourself with some shippy eps after! (We all need to recover from that much angst.)

YAY! *throws confetti in the air*
                          If you don't mind waiting till tomorrow, I think I can find links to a couple of stories that are sort of canon. There's one where Sam and Jack talk, but don't wind up in a relationship, having realized that it isn't the "right" time for them yet. However, it's after 11:00, and I have developed a rather massive headache and want to go rest my head for the night.

Comment

sorry guys i havent been around College has been really kicking my butt.

Comment

If you don't mind waiting till tomorrow, I think I can find links to a couple of stories that are sort of canon. There's one where Sam and Jack talk, but don't wind up in a relationship, having realized that it isn't the "right" time for them yet. However, it's after 11:00, and I have developed a rather massive headache and want to go rest my head for the night.
                              I don't mind. I went to bed myself not long after my post.
                              sigpic

Comment

Aw y'all!

I love angst, but sometimes I have a hard time watching that episode. I do love to watch the very end, though, where we see that look of anguish on Sam's face when Jack walks away from her while she's talking. That look really confirmed her feelings for Jack for the first time, I think.

This isn't really canon, but here's a lovely fic that I like to re-read on occasion. It's Gen Varel's "What If?", which contains some very adult scenes, so I will link to her page on SJ Always and Forever:
                                http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamfo...er.php?uid=648

Comment

Working...
                                X