Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    Awesome quote! Thank you so much for this! I especially love that the "Another note" is also the FINAL note of the blog entry. After all mentions. After honorable mentions. Even after the "Please note." In other words, this is something that is just plain, big honkin', NAGGING THE DICKENS OUT OF US!

Ahem... Sorry 'bout yelling.
    i'm *almost* signing up, just to leave a post on that blog! someone's got to defend the ship, besides maureen ryan herself.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm telling you, Monday's "Pi Day," that ought to be a shippy day!

Bring it!
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i'm *almost* signing up, just to leave a post on that blog! someone's got to defend the ship, besides maureen ryan herself.
        You can sign in with however you sign in to your Twitter account.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          thank you, hedwig!

i just made a comment. and i used capital letters too.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

thank you, hedwig!

Comment

thank you, hedwig!

Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                I think it was for Sam. Jack doesn't know Jacob yet. They've only had one tense meeting previous to this (where Jacob essentially called Jack a lier). But the whole time they're with the Tok'ra Jack shows how concerned he is about Sam and getting her back to her father before he dies. He supports her and backs her up in every way. I think his respect and kindness toward Jacob is a reflection of the respect and love he has for Sam. Later he learns to love and respect Jacob in his own right but, especially as a Tok'ra, I don't think Jack would have had that trust if it weren't for Jacob's connection to Sam.
                I'm wondering what others think of Hammond inviting Jacob to the award ceremony. I think it was rather odd, especially since Jacob can't know about what really goes on at Cheyenne Mountain and what Sam and Jack are really getting the award for. It's pretty much guaranteed he'd be suspicious of the "cover story" as he called it, and Hammond would have known that. I get that he thinks Jacob would be proud that his daughter was getting this award, but he created a very awkward and tense situation by inviting Jacob, and I've often wondered about that. Other than, of course, introducing the character of Jacob, it seems odd that he would do that.

Comment

I'm wondering what others think of Hammond inviting Jacob to the award ceremony. I think it was rather odd, especially since Jacob can't know about what really goes on at Cheyenne Mountain and what Sam and Jack are really getting the award for. It's pretty much guaranteed he'd be suspicious of the "cover story" as he called it, and Hammond would have known that. I get that he thinks Jacob would be proud that his daughter was getting this award, but he created a very awkward and tense situation by inviting Jacob, and I've often wondered about that. Other than, of course, introducing the character of Jacob, it seems odd that he would do that.
                  Since Jacob's a General, though, my guess is that he would know about it already--it's a fairly prestigious award. And it's obvious that Jacob and Hammond have known each other for a long time, if Hammond feels so comfortable going to him in the hospital. Also, Hammond recognizes Jacob's stubbornness in Sam, and I think that the writers were trying to establish that these two men had known each other for a long time. It's not completely outside the realm of possibility. Even though he's a General, Jacob has to know that there are top-secret programs going on that he knows nothing about. I think that his natural tendency towards bossiness rather than his ability as a General to respect the fact that some secrets must be kept is what keeps him hounding his daughter for information on her job.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's been no Eastership. There's always St. Patrick's Day next week. After all, Jack has an Irish background.
                    I think what makes the 'ship' celebrations special and exciting is that there aren't too many of them.

Adding more, I think, would be excessive.

But that's just my opinion and not usually one in the majority.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      I think what makes the 'ship' celebrations special and exciting is that there aren't too many of them.

Adding more, I think, would be excessive.

But that's just my opinion and not usually one in the majority.
                      I totally agree with this.

I simply invented one that didn't exist, and I don't know why. It was simply a mistake, I wasn't suggesting anything.
                      sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Am watching "1969" ... again. And in the scene where Lt. Hammond decides to help SG1, he reaches under the bench and pulls out a zat, and it bugged me for a long time wondering why SG1 hadn't found it during the ride until the flat tire. And it finally (yes ... I am rather sloooow sometimes) that Lt. Hammond must have put it there at some point, having decided that he was going to help them and they might need it, whatever it was.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          I totally agree with this.

I simply invented one that didn't exist, and I don't know why. It was simply a mistake, I wasn't suggesting anything.
                          Yes, I agree, the comment for Eastership was done tongue-in-cheek (will not think of when using that term, but of course I did)

Shipsgiving, Shipmas and Valenship are all relatively close together, so it's nice to have a bit of a break and be revved for Shipday in July!

Comment

i was reading an AT5 con report - http://wormholeriders.org/cc/?p=32

the question: What is your Favourite episode of Sam/Jack kiss?

amanda: Grace ranks right up there, because it’s beautiful, and the kiss helps. Heroes, such an awkward episode. It was Awkward and hard and everyone had to step up their game. (skipping the rest of the answer, b/c it's not about 's/j kiss' anymore)

well, i love that amanda ranks the 'grace' kiss up there! i think she got a bit off on the 'heroes' episode, but that's alright.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i was reading an AT5 con report - http://wormholeriders.org/cc/?p=32

the question: What is your Favourite episode of Sam/Jack kiss?

amanda: Grace ranks right up there, because it’s beautiful, and the kiss helps. Heroes, such an awkward episode. It was Awkward and hard and everyone had to step up their game. (skipping the rest of the answer, b/c it's not about 's/j kiss' anymore)

well, i love that amanda ranks the 'grace' kiss up there! i think she got a bit off on the 'heroes' episode, but that's alright.
                              Maybe there was supposed to be a kiss? Though, I think that Heroes hug is great, so perhaps she was thinking of romantic moments, not just kissing.

Comment

Fairly Legal OT:

Spoiler:
                                RDA was on "Fairly Legal" tonight; his second appearance. Apparently there are two more episodes in the series for this season, and since he is supposed to appear in four episodes, I'm thinking that means he's in next week and the one after. His mysterious background is becoming more intriguing as we found out a tiny bit more about him in tonight's episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X