Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    OK, I finished the vid, I made it very quickly this evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-PUfSn6KM
    Hey there.

I watched your XF "happy birthday" video and I have a question
    Spoiler:
    The last scene, from what ep was that?!
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Hi everyone! Happy WoO Day!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      Hi Shippers!
      I just spent my afternoon reading Graceful Encore by JenCamp that was recced a few days ago. It was awesome. I loved it. So thank you to whoever posted it (I think it was Jann?).

And there goes the reading I was supposed to do for school... Oops.
      I love JenCamp's stories. She has a breezy sort of style, but she's so creative in her plots. I'm so sad that she no longer writes S/J stories.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Sorry--this kind of just happened. . .

Bumper Troubles

<snip>
      Wonderful! Do you think you'll have time to write a Glinda story one of these days? I was reading another story today that had an elderly woman as a character who befriends Sam and Jack, and I immediately thought of Glinda and how much I enjoy her in your stories.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Happy WoO Day!!!!!
      (I think maybe I'll just run the ep on all my TVs all day long. It will be like my very own time loop. )

Here's a dose of WoO shippyness.

<snip>
      Awesome pics of my favourite episode. That briefing room look that Jack gives is so drool-worthy.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      That's not just the smug look of a man who stole a kiss from a woman he loves.

It's a confirmation that she feels something for him by her response to that kiss...
      So true!

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      *Pol looks around*

Ooh! Newbies! Welcome to the Family!

:::sigh::: I miss hangin' with the GW Family. A teeny update inside:
      Spoiler:
      On the good news side, I have a proposal defense date. For those unfamiliar with the process, when you're getting a doctorate you are a "doctoral student" until you pass your proposal defense (which is your official formal proposal for your dissertation - it sets benchmarks to hit so that in the end you can check them off and your committee can't keep changing the goal line). After you pass, you become a "doctoral candidate," which in academic circles is kind of a semi-big deal. Then I have a year of research, analysis, and writing-up-of data ahead of me (and classes) beyond the full (21 unit) load that I am teaching.

My Chair says I'm still on track for a May, 2012 graduation to become "Dr. Pol." Woohoo! Then I'm calling Sam, and we're goin' out to dinner!

On the non-personal and wholly Stargate-related side, I am working on two things:
      1. New Campfire is in the works. As you know, we're in Season 4, the "ultra-shippy bits;" thus conversely, the Campfires are harder to write.
      2. A longer, "epic" Stargate story that is pretty much outlined and ready to get rolling on the "writing-bits" part of it.

Okay, done checking in...off to teach for the afternoon.
      That's great! What are you studying, if you don't mind my asking?

Very nice! I love that hug.

Comment

I bring you WoO gifs

I also made some gifs from the episode that are not shippy, click here if you want to see them
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

So awesome yessika!

Comment

Hey there.

I watched your XF "happy birthday" video and I have a question
            Spoiler:
            The last scene, from what ep was that?!
            Spoiler:
            It's a cut scene from Fight The Future! They released it some years ago in the blueray version
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Nice pics, vids and gifs everyone!

I should have written my monthly report for work yesterday, instead I made this:

Spoiler:

only to discover that it is slightly to big for my figures

Oh, and something that made me laugh:
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                Nice pics, vids and gifs everyone!

I should have written my monthly report for work yesterday, instead I made this:

Spoiler:
                http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/5412337131_0f1df6dc97_m.jpg[/IMG]

only to discover that it is slightly to big for my figures

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/5412948028_1522b74606_m.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, and something that made me laugh:
                Spoiler:

[video=youtube;R55e-uHQna0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0&feature=player_embedded
                LOVING these!
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

The Vader volkswagon commercial is making its way around the office today. It's hysterical.

Very cute DHD, too!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

That has got to be one of my favorite smile pics ever. It's SO obvious from those smiles that they like each other.

Love it!

I was driving home this morning from an early class that I teach and I saw a car with a bumper sticker that said, "Fish Naked".

Of course, I thought,

Spoiler:
                    "Well, how else would you do it?"

Tee hee hee hee!
                    Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                    We are so hopeless aren't we. Fishing will never have the same meaning for a S/J shipper.

Special is what we are.
                    Yup fishing always bring a smile to my face (the word fishing in RL)

Sorry--this kind of just happened. . .

Bumper Troubles

Spoiler:
                    "No."

Jack frowned, throwing a glance sideways at his wife. "Why not?"

"Because it's in poor taste."

"It's funny."

Sam's sigh cast aspersions on that statement. Folding her arms across her midsection, she shifted her stance and shook her head again. More vociferously, this time, if that was possible. "It's tacky."

The Farmer's Market was busy at this time of year, and a healthy crowd flowed in and around the parking lot, filling it to capacity. Jack lifted a hand to scratch at the back of his neck as he allowed himself a quick look around. Luckily, no one was taking note of them. Or of his wife. Or of their truck, where his brand-spanking-new sticker perched jauntily on the sparkling chrome of his bumper. He waved a vague hand towards the tail gate of the truck. He thought his response might sound better if he said it again. "It's funny."

"Jack." How did she always manage to channel his third-grade teacher? It was like his wife had a cosmic connection with Mrs. Thurgood and her Tone of Doom. At least she hadn't yet perfected the Look of Recrimination.

"Sam, it's my truck. I should be able to have whatever sticker I want on the back of it."

"But why that one?" The wrinkle above her perfect nose had deepened amidst the look of dismay that his argument had induced. Sam gave a little blond shake before taking a step towards the offending bumper. "You're a General in the United States Air Force, Jack. You're in charge of securing this entire planet from threat. You have the President's private phone number on your speed dial."

"Yeah? So?" Shoving his hands into his pockets, Jack affected a sulking shrug. "Who says I can't have a funny bumper sticker?"

"Fish Naked?" She gestured towards the stickered chrome. "Really? Why is that funny?"

"Because it has to do with fishing."

"And fishing is inherently funny--why?"

"It isn't." Running a hand through his gray hair, Jack gave a little groan. "That's why it's funny."

She squinted at him. "I'm missing the joke here."

Sighing, Jack squinted back. "Well, because the sticker's talking about fishing naked."

"Right."

"And who goes fishing naked?"

"No one." Her eyes widened. "So it's an irony thing."

"No, it's a private joke."

"Exactly how is the irony thing a private joke?"

"No, Sam." Jack couldn't help himself. Grinning, he leaned towards his wife, waggling his brows. "It's a private joke because it's our kind of fishing. Know what I mean?"

Sam braced her fingertips on her hips. A long, long silence stretched between them, broken only when Sam bent and retrieved the bag of produce she'd spent the morning choosing from the various stalls at the Market. Settling it in her arms, she tilted a determined look at the sticker and then glared at her husband. "So. What you're basically saying is that you're going to plaster the ins and outs of our intimate life--the terminology that I have come to love as a sweet and private reference to the intense physical pleasure that we give each other as loving and mature adults--on what essentially counts as the butt of your truck?"

Yep. That sounded JUST like Mrs. Thurgood. Jack's lips thinned as he regarded the bumper sticker again. Well. Hearing it put like that. . . He scowled. "I guess I could take it off."

Sam stepped close, reaching out with her unencumbered arm to thread it around his body. Stretching upward, she planted a quick kiss on his lips. "Well, I'll tell you what."

Jack tried not to sulk. "What?"

"You take that off when we get home." She leaned in again and kissed him again, more lingeringly, this time, before trailing little nipping touches up towards his ear. Taking the lobe of his ear between her teeth, she bit down gently before whispering, "And then I'll take off everything else."

And with one last press of her lips against his jaw, she sashayed around the truck towards the passenger's side, adding a little wiggle to her shapely little bottom.

Jack bit back the grin that tickled at the corners of his mouth. Reaching into his pocket, he grabbed his keys and headed towards the driver's side door. He had some scraping to do.
                    Brilliant - how do you do that?

*Pol looks around*

Ooh! Newbies! Welcome to the Family!

:::sigh::: I miss hangin' with the GW Family. A teeny update inside:
                    Spoiler:
                    On the good news side, I have a proposal defense date. For those unfamiliar with the process, when you're getting a doctorate you are a "doctoral student" until you pass your proposal defense (which is your official formal proposal for your dissertation - it sets benchmarks to hit so that in the end you can check them off and your committee can't keep changing the goal line). After you pass, you become a "doctoral candidate," which in academic circles is kind of a semi-big deal. Then I have a year of research, analysis, and writing-up-of data ahead of me (and classes) beyond the full (21 unit) load that I am teaching.

My Chair says I'm still on track for a May, 2012 graduation to become "Dr. Pol." Woohoo! Then I'm calling Sam, and we're goin' out to dinner!

On the non-personal and wholly Stargate-related side, I am working on two things:
                    1. New Campfire is in the works. As you know, we're in Season 4, the "ultra-shippy bits;" thus conversely, the Campfires are harder to write.
                    2. A longer, "epic" Stargate story that is pretty much outlined and ready to get rolling on the "writing-bits" part of it.

Okay, done checking in...off to teach for the afternoon.
                    Yeahh new campfire

Wish I could even think about attempting it! Great vid for the worlds bestest hug and neck nuzzle

I love it here, I've had a truly rubbish day so it's great to come here and smile, thanks people

Comment

Just realized the most stupidist thing while I was doing a game on GW.

All the names of SG-1 have an A in them, and it's usually the second letter.
                      Sam
                      Jack
                      Daniel
                      Cameron
                      Vala
                      Teal'c

So to save the world...have an A in your name...preferably as a second letter.

And that was my addition to learning today's "learning random things"

Lilac that's so cute! How did you make it?
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm... Jack and Sam is Valntine shipper. That Candy and Flowers. ^_^

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Sam
                          Jack
                          Daniel
                          Cameron
                          Vala
                          Teal'c

Ooh I'm sorted then! Although I'm not sure how great an SG1 team member I would make with my non combat, science nor archeology training... Although I could do recon, or actually help redesign villages for those destroyed by the Goa'uld or Ori... hmmm.....

Agree Lilac thats such a fab model! I think the image looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                            Ooh I'm sorted then! Although I'm not sure how great an SG1 team member I would make with my non combat, science nor archeology training... Although I could do recon, or actually help redesign villages for those destroyed by the Goa'uld or Ori... hmmm.....

Agree Lilac thats such a fab model! I think the image looks great!
                            I'm the same...but I could try to talk the enemy to its death....try, try, try, try.....and try again....eventually I'll succceed.

yes I'm bored at work; my 3 meetings of the day got all canceled...so now just...surfing the web
                            sigpic

Comment

Sam
                              Jack
                              Daniel
                              Cameron
                              Vala
                              Teal'c

How interesting.

Even though they aren't SG team members, one could also include:

Hammond
                              Janet
                              Cassie
                              Walter

And since my name is Janice, I can get in there too.

Comment

I'm the same...but I could try to talk the enemy to its death....try, try, try, try.....and try again....eventually I'll succceed.

yes I'm bored at work; my 3 meetings of the day got all canceled...so now just...surfing the web
                                I've been doing lots of overtime recently so looking forwards to a day of surfing the web and getting paid for it! Although I do sneak on here time and again... shush....

Although according to my green I'm now a back up SG member

Comment

Working...
                                X