Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmyJ View Post
    I used to be a member here about 7 years ago... When i was young and annoying lol!! I've just come back after being sick and spending the whole day being re-introduced to my favourite show. I'm so glad you guys all are still as passionate about Sam and Jack as you always were.

I live in London and was supposed to be going to AT5 but cannot now (which is killing me) Anyway I just wanted to say hello, not sure any of you would remember me but I was Sam Fan and now (mainly because i've changed emails and forgot my old password) I'm AmyJ.

I still love Sam and Jack as much as I ever did!! Am looking for reallt good fics, I love Sally R SO much but I'm all read out with her. WHat are your favourites??

Is anyone still around from all those years ago?? Is anyone on twitter? x

Sam Fan!!! **hugs**

Good to see you.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by AmyJ View Post
      ^^Valenship?? I'm out of the loop x
      Hey, fellow Londoner! Welcome back to the thread!

Everytime there is a national/international holiday we tend to hijack it with S/J shipness - we've had Shipmas, Shipsgiving etc - next up is Valetine's Day, hence Valenship. Basically we have a special thread opened up for the day where we celebrate all that is Sam and Jack and post pictures, videos, fics, poems, songs... old or new stuff, doesn't matter but you name it and it appears. It's great fun! Valenship is on the 19th Feb this year so be sure to pop your head in to say hi!

Oh and I'm feeling the AT5 pain right now - I'm missing it too!

Comment

Valenship sounds like a lot of fun!
        sigpic

Comment

*ahem* *clears throat*

The Submissions Period for the Third Annual Artwork Awards ends on the 5th February, meaning you have exactly 1 week to submit your arties from the past year.

So far we have had 12 entrants compared to last years 27 !!

I can't emphasise enough that the only way the Awards will be successful is with the submissions of you wonderful people. It's about showcasing the achievements of the people on this thread and around Gateworld, so if you know of anyone who makes art that doesn't necessarily come here please invite them to submit. Just because the title has Sam/Jack in it, it doesn't mean you have to submit Sam/Jack artwork only!!! All artwork is accepted.

Please, please submit your artwork - it's you guys that make the Awards worthwhile

Head over to The Secrets of Making Artwork of the Sam/Jack Ship Family Thread for more info.

[/shameless pleading]

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
            Hey, fellow Londoner! Welcome back to the thread!

Everytime there is a national/international holiday we tend to hijack it with S/J shipness - we've had Shipmas, Shipsgiving etc - next up is Valetine's Day, hence Valenship. Basically we have a special thread opened up for the day where we celebrate all that is Sam and Jack and post pictures, videos, fics, poems, songs... old or new stuff, doesn't matter but you name it and it appears. It's great fun! Valenship is on the 19th Feb this year so be sure to pop your head in to say hi!

Oh and I'm feeling the AT5 pain right now - I'm missing it too!
            Ahahahahah! That's amazing!! Oh how i miss S/J!

As for AT5 some of the people going all go for drinks after and they invited me even though I can't go to the con itself but I think it would be torture listening to them talking about meeting Amanada lol! I'm so annoyed that I cannot go

Nice to meet a fellow Londoner who loves S/J!

And trinity3 hugs right back at ya!! <3 x

Comment

Helloooo? Where are you all?
              I had the craziest week ever, there may be major changes for me at work, ...or not. It’s all kind of confusing and exciting. On top of this I had insanely long work days this week. So I’m in serious need of something shippy!

Welcome to all of you who are new or joining again. And honestly 10 guest in the thread! Come out, join us, it’s fun!
              sigpic

Comment

Yes the thread has been rather quiet lately, with brief spurts of activity here and there. I'm trying to get some art and writing done. So I'm assuming, with Valenship just around the corner, that everyone is working on their pressies.

So here's something to hold you over:

Behind the scenes of Avatar. I love these pics!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Yes the thread has been rather quiet lately, with brief spurts of activity here and there. I'm trying to get some art and writing done. So I'm assuming, with Valenship just around the corner, that everyone is working on their pressies.

So here's something to hold you over:

Behind the scenes of Avatar. I love these pics!
                  Thanks! You are right the pics are great. Was this on the DVDs? Maybe I should really start to watch the behind the scenes stuff. I'm obviously missing out on some great things.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                    Thanks! You are right the pics are great. Was this on the DVDs? Maybe I should really start to watch the behind the scenes stuff. I'm obviously missing out on some great things.
                    Nope. They're from a SCI FI channel special (before the name change). I believe it was called something like The Lowdown: From Stargate to Atlantis. It was to promo the Atlantis premeire. You can find some of it on YouTube.

Comment

Nope. They're from a SCI FI channel special (before the name change). I believe it was called something like The Lowdown: From Stargate to Atlantis. It was to promo the Atlantis premeire. You can find some of it on YouTube.
                      Okay, but I think The Lowdown: From Stargate to Atlantis is on my DVDs. I'll check it out.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know I have that lowdown on my DVDs, but I do know there are some differences between the R1 and R2 DVDs.

Lowdowns are in general, IMHO, funny to watch!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                          Okay, but I think The Lowdown: From Stargate to Atlantis is on my DVDs. I'll check it out.
                          Is it?! Then maybe it's on mine too.

I admit I haven't spent a lot of time with my special features. I am watching every commentary and special feature on my current rewatch because I figure I bought the darn things I should probably see it all at least once. So if it is there, I'll eventually get to it.

Comment

Is it?! Then maybe it's on mine too.

I admit I haven't spent a lot of time with my special features. I am watching every commentary and special feature on my current rewatch because I figure I bought the darn things I should probably see it all at least once. So if it is there, I'll eventually get to it.
                            What you just mentioned is one of the biggest reason I buy DVDs. I mean if I would watch a series just for its episodes I can always ...acquire/'see them in other ways then spending my money on DVDs, but for all the extra stuff on it I buy them!
                            It is actually interesting to see that I have around 300 series dvds and like only 10 movies
                            sigpic

Comment

Welcome AmyJ, always nice to have new shippers!

hlndncr, Love those behind-the-scenes pics. I can sooo see Jack and Sam like that once they are a couple... having fun, playing around with each other... so cute!

Comment

*too lazy to quote*

Welcome back on GW AmyJ!

I love BTS pictures. They look natural and they're still dressed as their characters, so it's great for artwork. ;P Thanks for sharing hlndncr!

And I agree with you and Jann on the DVDs thing; I also buy mime for the extras. I mean, that's what we won't get to see if we don't buy them, right? I always tell myself that apart from wanting to watch it over and over again, I must want to watch the extras in order to buy a show on DVD. And Jann, I also have a lot more series than I have movies, though, perhaps not 300.
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X