No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay this may be totally off the wall but I watched Urgo yesterday, and that bit where he goes very small and then (after I think reading Sam's mind) is suddenly a man in dress uniform.......... Or is it rose coloured glasses again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
      Okay this may be totally off the wall but I watched Urgo yesterday, and that bit where he goes very small and then (after I think reading Sam's mind) is suddenly a man in dress uniform.......... Or is it rose coloured glasses again!!!
      Not sure exactly what you're getting at, but that guy was Peter DeLuise. As in brother of David DeLuise, the actor who played . I really don't want to think that Sam was imagining someone who looks an awful lot like as her version of the perfect man. That just makes me naseous.

Comment

hlndncr {huggs} I sympathize! I have ideas for fics all the time, but when I sit down and try to write, everything just goes away. I have the biggest respect and admiration to all you fic writers out there... it's not easy. I'm having a hard enough time trying to write up a review for the Shipper re-watch!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Not sure exactly what you're getting at, but that guy was Peter DeLuise. As in brother of David DeLuise, the actor who played . I really don't want to think that Sam was imagining someone who looks an awful lot like as her version of the perfect man. That just makes me naseous.
          Peter and David and Michael, are all sons of Dom DeLuise, who played Urgo, ... for any who aren't aware of that. I was wondering at one point when the show was going to be retitled the "DeLuise Family Show" and kept waiting for Mom (Carol, who was an actress at one time) to show up in a role in some episode.

(*and I agree with your thought there*)

Comment

He is also Dom's (the actor who plays Urgo) son... so maybe Urgo was making himself look younger, and who better to portray him than his son? Also, did Peter DeLuise direct that episode? He likes to make cameos of himself when he is directing, so that could be part of it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
              Well, IF he was looking in Sam's mind, he go the uniform right but not the face.. it would be Jack, not some random guy!

And the way Jack looked embarrased when Urgo mentioned Maui and girls in bikini's... you know he's thinking of Sam in a bikini...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Peter and David and Michael, are all sons of Dom DeLuise, who played Urgo, ... for any who aren't aware of that. I was wondering at one point when the show was going to be retitled the "DeLuise Family Show" and kept waiting for Mom (Carol, who was an actress at one time) to show up in a role in some episode.

(*and I agree with your thought there*)
                PDL's girlfriend was also on the show; she played Farrell in The Other Side.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                He is also Dom's (the actor who plays Urgo) son... so maybe Urgo was making himself look younger, and who better to portray him than his son? Also, did Peter DeLuise direct that episode? He likes to make cameos of himself when he is directing, so that could be part of it, too.
                Yep PDL directed Urgo, but from what I here that was only in the loosest sense of the word. Can you imagine trying to boss your dad (who has decades more experience in the business) around? I think for the most part Dom was just having fun and doing his own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  hlndncr {huggs} I sympathize! I have ideas for fics all the time, but when I sit down and try to write, everything just goes away. I have the biggest respect and admiration to all you fic writers out there... it's not easy. I'm having a hard enough time trying to write up a review for the Shipper re-watch!
                  I think part of my problem is that I've seen this story in my head from start to finish and I know exactly how I want it to go. I'm really excited about it and I just want it to be great. I'm letting my enthusiasm and anxiety that it might not be everything I imagine trip me up. I need to just relax and let it come out.

And I'm sure your review will be fabulous!!!

Comment

PDL's girlfriend was also on the show; she played Farrell in The Other Side.
                    Actually PdL's girlfriend is now his wife. She was listed as Ann Marie Loder in "The Other Side", and also played Cam's high school "girlfriend" in "Bounty", where she was listed as Ann Marie deLuise. She also guested on an episode of Sanctuary where she was listed as Ann Marie deLuise.

Comment

I think part of my problem is that I've seen this story in my head from start to finish and I know exactly how I want it to go. I'm really excited about it and I just want it to be great. I'm letting my enthusiasm and anxiety that it might not be everything I imagine trip me up. I need to just relax and let it come out.

And I'm sure your review will be fabulous!!!
                      Fabulous? Geez.... no pressure there

Looking forward to the fic... I'm sure it will turn out as good (maybe better!) than you hope!

Comment

So--is everyone just itching to see RDA on "Fairly Legal"? I think he's supposed to be in it next week.

Is it bad that all I thought of was:

Richard Dean Anderson is in a new show as a new character.
                        He does not play a military guy.
                        Richard Dean Anderson in civvies and suits.
                        That's going to be GREAT for new vids using the "Continuum" Sam. Yummalicious.

sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          So--is everyone just itching to see RDA on "Fairly Legal"? I think he's supposed to be in it next week.

Is it bad that all I thought of was:

Richard Dean Anderson is in a new show as a new character.
                          He does not play a military guy.
                          Richard Dean Anderson in civvies and suits.
                          That's going to be GREAT for new vids using the "Continuum" Sam. Yummalicious.

If he is, they didn't say anything on the previews and he isn't listed as a guest. What did you think of the first episode?

Comment

I just looked it up on a website and it says that he's done five episodes. The show used to be called "Facing Kate". I didn't watch the first episode. My life has been utter, total, and completely NUTS this week/month/year so far, and so I've been DVRing things for when I have more time.

I think it looked cute, but some people blogging about it said that it started off slow.

But hey--it has Richard Freakin' Dean Anderson on it. I'm up for a try. JUST to see him.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              I just looked it up on a website and it says that he's done five episodes. The show used to be called "Facing Kate". I didn't watch the first episode. My life has been utter, total, and completely NUTS this week/month/year so far, and so I've been DVRing things for when I have more time.

I think it looked cute, but some people blogging about it said that it started off slow.

But hey--it has Richard Freakin' Dean Anderson on it. I'm up for a try. JUST to see him.
                              He wasn't in the first episode, which I watched. And I don't think he's in the next one. Not sure about the one after. It was an alright show. But they tried to do way too much in it in my opinion. It took place over a 2 day period (I think), and there was just too too much going on for that amount of time, even though I know in big cities and in big law firms it can be like that. So it's hard to tell if I will keep watching it. But I will watch the episodes RDA is in ... when we find out which ones. I saw several actors that have been in SG1/SGA/SGU episodes. Patrick Gilmore was a guest, and he was one of the secondary characters in SGU.

Comment

BAG is also in it as an extra--so there's reason enough for me.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X