Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Nice!

Ooohh and I watched Death Knell yesterday evening! I skipped through the whole Jaffa/Tok'ra/human alliance part, but other than that I love that episode. Plus the ending is so sweet! *happy sigh*
    I do the same thing! Not always but often enough.
    You're right about the ending. <3

. . . I should watch SG1 more often. ;-;

Hlndncr - Awesome shippy calendar! So, is that the official Valenship day or...? 'Cause I was wondering about that this week and realised that I hadn't seen anything on that subject. And February is closer and closer...
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I watched “Enemies” yesterday and somehow I always forget how funny this episode is.

JACK
      Excuse me. I distinctly remember someone saying…we're not going to make it. I think we made it.
      JACOB
      I'm sorry, I over reacted. At the time, it looked very much like we weren't going to make it.
      JACK
      Yes, well, maybe next time you'll just wait and see.
      JACOB
      And blow the last chance I might ever have to be right?
      JACK
      What?
      CARTER
      Welcome to my life.
      JACK
      What?

I love this; the Carters against Jack, he doesn’t stand a chance! Have I mentioned before how much I love Jacob?

Edit: I really like you calendar hlndncr.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        Hlndncr - Awesome shippy calendar! So, is that the official Valenship day or...? 'Cause I was wondering about that this week and realised that I hadn't seen anything on that subject. And February is closer and closer...
        Thanks!

I don't think we have set the official date yet, but it is usually a Saturday just before or after Valentine's Day. So I made an executive decision. Now all my minions will follow me.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Thanks!

I don't think we have set the official date yet, but it is usually a Saturday just before or after Valentine's Day. So I made an executive decision. Now all my minions will follow me.
          How did you guess that i have ALWAYS wanted to be a minion? My lucky day!
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            Actually getting ahead of the game.

Finished my February calendar. The theme for the month should be pretty obvious, and I hope you notice I added an important holiday that for some reason the regular calendar makers of the world always seem to miss.

[IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Photoshop%20Art/th_February2011.jpg[IMG]
            Excellent calendar.
            [SIGPIC][URL="http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/Nenyc/?action=view&current=Banner51.jpg"[/SIGPIC]

Comment

Great calendar, hlndncr!

Comment

Feel the luuuuurve....
                Hiya all...

Comment

Popping in to say hi!

Fanfic ramblings:

Spoiler:
                  So I've been going through my docs on Google docs and I've found several unfinished fics (no surprise, I start, stop, and sometimes start again before I hit on something that's a good idea. And sometimes not a good idea LOL.

In general, I don't get past maybe a hundred, two hundred words before something is shelved, but I found one that I wrote over 12,000 words on. 12,000. Then I just stopped. I vaguely remember the idea and where I was going, but I can also tell from reading it that I was getting stuck.

Then I found another angsty one-shot that looks fairly completed. It just needs some polishing.

Then I found ANOTHER two, that would be quite guttery.

So...I'm thinking of pulling one of them out to work on. Probably the one-shot for sure. But here's a summary. What do you think?

I'm asking for an opinion here, but it only makes sense if you read the above

Spoiler:

Story One (12K): Sam ends up on a planet without a gate through a gate malfunction (and yes, I worked out exactly how it happens). Determined to get her back, Jack goes through the address against orders. Now they're trapped. Oh, and this is apparently an "aliens made them get married" fic. Woohoo for cliches.

Story Two: Sam has a birthday party and her and Jack dance too close to a forbidden topic.

Story Three: In a very twisted plot Jack thinks Sam is Sara and Sam doesn't remember being Sam til later and she gets pregnant. A little bit of a darker fic.

Story Four: Another dark!fic in which Sam and Jack are kept as exotic servants to some overlord. This one didn't get fleshed out as much it seems like

No guarantees on when any are finished, but I'm curious as to what most people would want to read.

Comment

I vote for Story 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      Popping in to say hi!

Fanfic ramblings:

Spoiler:
                      So I've been going through my docs on Google docs and I've found several unfinished fics (no surprise, I start, stop, and sometimes start again before I hit on something that's a good idea. And sometimes not a good idea LOL.

In general, I don't get past maybe a hundred, two hundred words before something is shelved, but I found one that I wrote over 12,000 words on. 12,000. Then I just stopped. I vaguely remember the idea and where I was going, but I can also tell from reading it that I was getting stuck.

Then I found another angsty one-shot that looks fairly completed. It just needs some polishing.

So...I'm thinking of pulling one of them out to work on. Probably the one-shot for sure. But here's a summary. What do you think?

Spoiler:

Story One (12K): Sam ends up on a planet without a gate through a gate malfunction (and yes, I worked out exactly how it happens). Determined to get her back, Jack goes through the address against orders. Now they're trapped. Oh, and this is apparently an "aliens made them get married" fic. Woohoo for cliches.

Story Two: Sam has a birthday party and her and Jack dance too close to a forbidden topic.

Story Three: In a very twisted plot Jack thinks Sam is Sara and Sam doesn't remember being Sam til later and she gets pregnant. A little bit of a darker fic.

Story Four: Another dark!fic in which Sam and Jack are kept as exotic servants to some overlord. This one didn't get fleshed out as much it seems like

No guarantees on when any are finished, but I'm curious as to what most people would want to read.

I would read any and all of those! They sound fabulous! There's not enough good dark fic out there though, so maybe one of those if I had to pick.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I can definitely see merit in all of them, and of course I would read them!

I love cliches!!! Story 1 sounds interesting, and if I had written 12,000 words there's no way I wouldn't make someone else read them.

I just did my own Sam's birthday story, but it was mostly fluffly. So I'd be a fan of an angsty b-day for Sam.

Story 3 sounds really unique. I'd love to read how you work that one out.

I think I'd have to know more about Story 4 before I could give you an opinion. I have to be in the right mood for darkfic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                          Popping in to say hi!

Fanfic ramblings:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Story 3 seems interesting. I'm curious.

But I like clichés and everyone's different take on them, so Story 1 as well would be good for me. Besides, like hlndncr said, if I had written 12K, I would want somebody to read them.

Whatever you chose though, I'll be happy to indulge in some reading!
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I vote for story 1 and 3

Can we vote about Valenship? I and many other people won't be online on 12th February 'cause we're meeting Amanda in London!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              I vote for story 1 and 3
                              Same, story 1 and 3.
                              [SIGPIC][URL="http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/Nenyc/?action=view&current=Banner51.jpg"[/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                I vote for story 1 and 3

Can we vote about Valenship? I and many other people won't be online on 12th February 'cause we're meeting Amanda in London!
                                Well, JEALOUSY!!!!!!!

Some of us have to continue to just lead our regular normal boring lives that day!

Does Amanda know it's Valenship time? Perhaps you could ask her to join us.

OK, Valenship Vote.

Which day would you prefer to hold Valenship?

Saturday, February 5:
                                Saturday, February 12: 1
                                Saturday, February 19:
                                Saturday, February 26:

Comment

Working...
                                X