Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    so i'm watching season 7 on a channel called 'This'. it's getting closer and closer to THE ep that destroyed my shippy heart... okay, it's called 'chimera', just in case you couldn't guess.

anyhoo, i'm still deciding if i can watch it. i'd like to pretend it never happened, but enough time has passed that maybe, just maybe i can handle it this time.

of course, if we knew *for sure* that sam and jack got together after the pete experiment, this would be much, much, much easier to watch.
    I vote you watch it again. I hated that episode to bits the first time. But it's not so hurtful to watch now, especially since Threads has happened. And if it gets too tough to get through it you know you can run back here and we've got lots of shippiness to make it all better!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
      I just found something on youTube, have fun:
      Great vids... thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        trin and Lucy, I blame you for this!

Folie a Deux
        Wow, my comments have never inspired a fanfic (that I know of!) Thanks... that was lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
          I vote you watch it again. I hated that episode to bits the first time. But it's not so hurtful to watch now, especially since Threads has happened. And if it gets too tough to get through it you know you can run back here and we've got lots of shippiness to make it all better!
          http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...ds/fishing.jpg
          I would really like to know how many shippers where actually satisfied with the "resolution" from "Threads" given how graphic Sam/Pete was - in 3 episodes we saw kisses, date, dancing, bedroom scene, proposal/acceptance, whereas Sam and Jack are still in the "not exactly" stage in my opinion.
          Let's make a little poll (actually 2 - my choices in bold)

1. From what we've seen on-screen do you think Sam and Jack are:
          1. married
          2. together but not married yet
          3. they promised each other that one day they'll be together (something along the line in "Trio" - "He will retire soon and...")
          4. they've confessed their feeling in "Threads", but decided that duty comes first...

2. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible - my choices are bolded)
          1. Spoken proof that Sam and Jack are together
          2. Visual proof Sam and Jack are together (rings, touches)
          3. Kiss
          4. Bedroom scene
          5. Sam and Jack married
          6. Shippy scenes that maintain the ambiguity

Please copy/paste and answer the 2 qs...

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
            I would really like to know how many shippers where actually satisfied with the "resolution" from "Threads" given how graphic Sam/Pete was - in 3 episodes we saw kisses, date, dancing, bedroom scene, proposal/acceptance, whereas Sam and Jack are still in the "not exactly" stage in my opinion.

1. married
            3. they promised each other that one day they'll be together (something along the line in "Trio" - "He will retire soon and...")
            4. they've confessed their feeling in "Threads", but decided that duty comes first...

2. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible - my choices are bolded)
            3. Kiss
            4. Bedroom scene
            5. Sam and Jack married

That's easy:

1. They're Sooooo Married!!!!!!
            2. I don't need it, but I'd really like to see a Big Honkin' Kiss!!!!

Comment

Let's make a little poll (actually 2
              • married
              • together but not married yet
              • they promised each other that one day they'll be together
              • they've confessed their feeling in "Threads", but decided that duty comes first...

2. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible)
              • Spoken proof that Sam and Jack are together
              • Visual proof Sam and Jack are together (rings, touches)
              • Kiss
              • Bedroom scene
              • Sam and Jack married
              • Shippy scenes that maintain the ambiguity

Comment

1. married

3. Kiss
                4. Bedroom scene
                5. Sam and Jack married

I believe that they are good and married.

I would love to see something simple that doesn't take away from the episode/movie/special show devoted to this couple who deserve a special show. . . like-----

"So, they need me again."

"I know. And it sucks. Are you sure you can't get out of it?"

"No. I mean yes--I'm sure." She couldn't take her eyes from the camera on her monitor, her expression trying to send him the message that she had to go--begging him to understand that she couldn't stay away from this particular battle. "Jack, I--"

His groan interrupted her, and across the computer monitor, his tension was palpable. "I'd just like to be able to spend more than a day or two with you every once in a while. When I said, 'I do', I meant 'I want you around'."

"I know." She looked down at her hands, at the simple ring he'd placed there a few months before. "I want that, too."

"So--you know, right?"

"What, keep my head down? Don't fire 'til I see the whites of their eyes? Don't take plug nickels?"

"No, Carter." His mouth relaxed, slow, easy, the grin making him appear ten years younger. "Miss Smarty Pants."

Her own grin was coy. "So, what exactly is it that I'm supposed to know, Jack?"

His answer took a long time for him to get out. "Hurry home."

"And?"

"Wear clean socks."

One golden eyebrow rose. "And?"

Something beeped behind him, but he didn't break from watching her on the computer screen. He blinked, and all joking had fled from his expression. "I miss you."

"I know, Jack. Me too."

"So--be careful."

"You too."

"And I do, you know." He passed his tongue across his lower lip. "With everything I am."

Her gaze lowered, and when she looked up again, her eyes were brighter--brilliant. "I love you, too, Jack."

The screen flickered, and then blanked, and Jack leaned back in his chair, raising a hand to scrape at the stubble on his cheek.
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

so i'm watching season 7 on a channel called 'This'. it's getting closer and closer to THE ep that destroyed my shippy heart... okay, it's called 'chimera', just in case you couldn't guess.

anyhoo, i'm still deciding if i can watch it. i'd like to pretend it never happened, but enough time has passed that maybe, just maybe i can handle it this time.

of course, if we knew *for sure* that sam and jack got together after the pete experiment, this would be much, much, much easier to watch.
                  IMO, that episode would never be easy to watch!!

Comment

It occurs to me that we need something to give this discussion a little more focus:

Of course, if we'd like to broaden our discussion I'm willing to help there too.
                    Other smooches
                    Broca: Some can argue that this kiss is not personal... that Sam just attacked because he was the strong leader, but I don't agree!! I think there was real attraction there and the Broca infection just intensified it. If it was just a strong leader she was after, why not go for Teal'c? Because she was already feeling feelings for Jack!

POV: Jack went along with the kiss.. but he was obviously uncomfortable... this was not his Sam!

Mobius: AU Jack and Sam getting it on in the puddle jumper with lots of sparkage! Always nice to see that one... and when the cavalry came to to the rescue, Jack leaps forward and kisses her again!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

I would love to see something simple that doesn't take away from the episode/movie/special show devoted to this couple who deserve a special show. . . like-----

*SNIP FICLIT*
                      Nice Akam... We can only hope!!

Comment

Let's make a little poll (actually 2 )
                        1. married

3. Kiss

4. Bedroom scene
                        5. Sam and Jack married

Spoiler:

"No. I mean yes--I'm sure." She couldn't take her eyes from the camera on her monitor, her expression trying to send him the message that she had to go--begging him to understand that she couldn't stay away from this particular battle. "Jack, I--"

His groan interrupted her, and across the computer monitor, his tension was palpable. "I'd just like to be able to spend more than a day or two with you every once in a while. When I said, 'I do', I meant 'I want you around'."

"I know." She looked down at her hands, at the simple ring he'd placed there a few months before. "I want that, too."

"So--you know, right?"

"What, keep my head down? Don't fire 'til I see the whites of their eyes? Don't take plug nickels?"

"No, Carter." His mouth relaxed, slow, easy, the grin making him appear ten years younger. "Miss Smarty Pants."

"And?"

"Wear clean socks."

Something beeped behind him, but he didn't break from watching her on the computer screen. He blinked, and all joking had fled from his expression. "I miss you."

"I know, Jack. Me too."

"So--be careful."

"You too."

"And I do, you know." He passed his tongue across his lower lip. "With everything I am."

Her gaze lowered, and when she looked up again, her eyes were brighter--brilliant. "I love you, too, Jack."

The screen flickered, and then blanked, and Jack leaned back in his chair, raising a hand to scrape at the stubble on his cheek.
                        That would be a great way to get confirmation
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

1. married

3. Kiss
                          4. Bedroom scene
                          5. Sam and Jack married

OF COURSE!! That 100% perfect is New three movie is: Stargate Revolation. I remember is: Jack will kneel marry to Sam. SGA Sam said " i got engagement from Jack O'neill." than John Sheppred said " Sam, Celebrate your engagement from your boyfriend."

Last edited by HolyAngelQueenSG-1; 03 January 2011, 05:26 PM.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Ok. This must be the multi-est multiquote i've ever done.

Oh, I love this discussion!!!!

I agree that Sam was more unihibted in her fantasy kiss, which I think was actually quite unusual for her because IMHO I think so would generally even curb her fantasies. For example, even though she knows it's a hullucination she has to talk herself into calling him Jack. She's in a vulnerable emotional and physical state (too tired as she says) and so she allows herself to let go, but only for a moment and actually not completely because the kiss is a fantasy within a fantasy and then she tells her hullicination "never mind."

Where Sam's kiss seems to be "a last chance to say goodbye", Jack's kiss is more "the only shot he thinks he'll get." So why not go big?!

Jack is also far less cerebral, but at the same time demonstrates that he isn't as dumb as he looks. I like the idea that there was strategy behind his actions. The outfit and the resignation did get Sam's attention. (If only Sam had time to remove the hat and show us that deliciously ruffled hair. *sigh* )

It also showed that he was honorable. IMO, he would not kiss Sam, alone or in front of witnesses without resigning first no matter what the situation. I do like that fic where she slaps him (can't for the life of me remember what it's called) because I think Sam would stand up for herself. She's not his play thing, even if the game is thoroughly enjoyable. It's called respect! In WoO she is definitely shocked at first, but her mind works fast. She's picked up on the clues (like looking at the watch) and knows this is her window too; so she goes with it. 'Cause we all know if Sam weren't willing, Jack would be on the floor!

Personally, I find both kisses have a measure of hot and some romance. That's why I like the idea of combining the two, in case ya didn't notice.
                            Nice quote.

I think this is the fic we're looking for:

Practice Make Perfect
                            That was sweet. Liked it.

***Assiduously tries to stay out of gutter.***

**Loses the battle.**

I think (re: bolded) that if Sam WERE willing, there's a good chance that Jack STILL ends up on the floor.

**Washes mind out with soap.**
                            Indeed!!

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                            Wow! You guys have been busy

Like some of you already mentioned, for me the main reason is that one is reality whereas the other is pure fantasy. No need for restriction in a fantasy, right?
                            Apart from that it does not surprise me that the stereotypical roles are reversed here. Sam’s analytical mind and her logical approach to most problems are often considered male attributes. Jack on the other hand seems more emotional guided; he often goes with his gut feeling (even more so Daniel). This is one thing I really love about SG-1, the characters are just not your typical Sci-Fi cliché.
                            I think that bears repeating: No need for restriction in a fantasy

I'm putting in a recommendation for your promotion officer!!

Well done!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Good thought. But Jack has always (or almost always) been presumed to be Hammond's second, even thought he's in charge of SG1 and offworld much of the time, too.

Having said that, though, I think Reynolds is the most likely to be considered Jack's second in command during S8, even though nothing has ever definitely been stated.

However, in "Uninvited", Landry says something to the effect that Sam is in charge at the SGC while Reynolds is offworld ... suggesting to me that Reynolds would be in charge if he and Sam were both on base at the same time and not otherwise involved in some kind of assignment.

It's pretty much "fanon" about loads of things related to SG1, and it's been going on for so long that many people take fanon as fact by now.
                            Is amazed by Hedwig's skill

Come on Sal.

We already know that they're together. Besides it's the bad that helps make the good so good.

Go for it and just keep thinking, Sam&Jack went fishing, Sam&Jack went fishing, Sam&Jack went fishing.

1. married
                            2. together but not married yet (Although by now they probably are married).

3. Kiss (a big honkin' one)
                            4. Bedroom scene
                            5. Sam and Jack married

siles I was very tempted to bold 1-5 of question 2.

Spoiler:

"So--you know, right?"

"And?"

"Wear clean socks."

"I know, Jack. Me too."

"So--be careful."

"You too."

The screen flickered, and then blanked, and Jack leaned back in his chair, raising a hand to scrape at the stubble on his cheek
                            Nice!!!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Mada
                            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                              Is amazed by Hedwig's skill
                              Thanks.. But it's not my skill; it's my obsessive compulsive nature with certain things.

Comment

I don't know. I still can't watch it without uncontrollable spasms. Even knowing Sam and Jack are together as they should be (because I do know it in my heart) it's painful to see Sam make such a terrible choice! If weren't such a horrible character I could look back on the whole thing with more aplomb. As it is, seeing or even thinking about will always make me nauseous.
                                i think you just helped me come up with my decision. as an s/j AND sam fan, pete was just on 1000 levels. i won't torture myself again.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X