Comment

That is fab stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        OT...:

Spoiler:
        my dad's gone....

so I will probably not be online for a few days

*hugs* and condolences. Be kind to yourself.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          OT...:

Spoiler:
          my dad's gone....

so I will probably not be online for a few days
          I am so sorry, *hugs*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            I love that piccy

Seems very quiet in here, still busy time of the year I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
              I love that piccy

Seems very quiet in here, still busy time of the year I suppose
              Yes. Is very quiet. I was kind of hoping we'd accumulate 1000 pages in this thread by Dec. 12, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I think December 12, 2009 was the date this 2.0 thread was created, and I was thinking how cool it would be if we made 1000 pages in one year. However, 860+ isn't bad for a year. Especially since the show has been off the air for a couple of years now.

The first post in this thread is from 2004, which was when this thread was started. The second post, though, is dated December 12, 2009, which is when the 2.0 thread was started.

Alrighty then, ... going back to nonsensical stuff and nonsense.

Comment

Well, if you take into account all the Shipmas and Shipsgiving and Shipday posts--haven't we far exceeded the 1,000 pages? If only there were a way to splice them in.

And it's quiet, but I'm still checking in. It's my break from work. I only wish I had more time to camp out and play here.

but still. . .
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  Well, if you take into account all the Shipmas and Shipsgiving and Shipday posts--haven't we far exceeded the 1,000 pages? If only there were a way to splice them in.

And it's quiet, but I'm still checking in. It's my break from work. I only wish I had more time to camp out and play here.

but still. . .
                  Indeed. I was actually considering including Valenship, Ship Day, Shipsgiving, Shipmas, etc., because with all those we'd likely be about 2000 pages.

Comment

OT
                    Spoiler:
                    so i finally ordered a replacement charger and battery for my laptop and they're be here tommrow so i'll be able to join you folks for shipmas this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Indeed. I was actually considering including Valenship, Ship Day, Shipsgiving, Shipmas, etc., because with all those we'd likely be about 2000 pages.
                      So see? Not bad for a show that's been cancelled for YEARS. Right?

And Congrats, LtColonel John--can't wait!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

My husband was actually giving me a hard time (all in good fun) about this very similar subject the other day. I was chatting about the forum and he was like "so when you found this forum was the last post from 2004?" I did my best "completely offended" look and informed him that this was, in fact, a very active forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumarx View Post
                          My husband was actually giving me a hard time (all in good fun) about this very similar subject the other day. I was chatting about the forum and he was like "so when you found this forum was the last post from 2004?" I did my best "completely offended" look and informed him that this was, in fact, a very active forum.
                          Husbands would do well to just give us our "fun". It works out so much better for them in the meantime.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            Husbands would do well to just give us our "fun". It works out so much better for them in the meantime.
                            He's been sweet The last time I was really into something was before his time though so he's not quite sure what to do with this new me. I'm usually very laid back and I'll seem not very interested, so to see me so excited about something must be a bit of a shock for him. He's taking it in stride, although he did say "you can never give me a hard time about Star Wars again"

Comment

Originally posted by Gumarx View Post
                              To be honest, I was quite surprised how active the whole Stargate online community was when I first found this place. A lot of forums for other fandoms got closed down or became stagnant once the shows stopped airing.

But then some of those did get their own resolution!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                                To be honest, I was quite surprised how active the whole Stargate online community was when I first found this place. A lot of forums for other fandoms got closed down or became stagnant once the shows stopped airing.

But then some of those did get their own resolution!!
                                I think that's one reason that we ARE so active, though. TEN years. TEN. We've been waiting for ten years, and two movies, and then the time since cancellation. We have to stick together or we'd go abso-friggin-lutely NUTS!!!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X