No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fixed the link on the shipper rewatch banners. I guess I got a little mixed up with all the posting I was doing yesterday.

For Cags - my fic isn't new. I know Rachel's is. Melissa's aren't new; although she said she was working on a new one (Thanksgiving in DC). It doesn't look like she got it done in time. I hope we don't have to wait until next year for it.

For Aka - you should definitely add your other story to the list. If it was inspired by Shipsgiving then here it belongs!

Sam and Jack Shipsgiving List

Post your Sam and Jack fanfiction and videos here. Please quote this post then remove the QUOTE tags and add your art at the bottom of the appropriate list.

FANFICTION:

Thanksgiving in the Springs by sg-1fanintn
    Thanksgiving in Minnesota by sg-1fanintn
    Thanksgiving on the Hammond by sg-1fanintn
    Scrap Metal by Kate1013
    Gratitude by dreamer one
    A Little Thanks by Rangerbaldwin
    Cranberries by Jasper'sFavorite
    Stuffed by Chopin Gal
    A reason for the Season by dreamer one
    The Tao of Pie by Akamaimom
    Saving the Ship by Hedwig
    The List by hlndncr
    This is War by hlndncr
    Stargazing with Carter by hlndncr
    Don't Dream It's Over by hlndncr
    Empty Hand by Zoser
    In the Shadows by Rachel500
    Telling Mark by LadyGalaxyJ

VIDEOS:

Shipsgiving 2010 by XFChemist
    I'm yours by yessika
    Reachout and Touch me by Devilish Me
    Perfect by Devilish Me
    Canto III by akachankami
    Miles from where you are by starg8rocks
    Bad Romance by yessika
    Two Is Better Than One, Alternate link by yessika
    2010 Tribute by yessika
    Breakeven, Alternate link by yessika

ARTWORK:
    Every Sam and Jack Shippy Moment Ever in Pictures by hldncr
    101 Looks of Sam for Jack by hlndncr
    Shipper Rewatch Banners by many talented shippers
    S/J Signature
    Matching Avatar
    Matching Wallpaper - by Nynaeve506

Comment

Thanks for posting those links! I'll be checking then out
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Yep, mine was new. Both of them were, actually--but I wasn't sure if I should add "Deserving You" to the list, since it was inspired by Shipsgiving and not written specifically for it. Or am I over thinking things?
        I wrote a story last year - Legacy - in honor of Don Davis about the death of George Hammond. There's nothing about Thanksgiving in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          I wrote a story last year - Legacy - in honor of Don Davis about the death of George Hammond. There's nothing about Thanksgiving in it.
          Okay then. That's decided!
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Yep, mine was new. Both of them were, actually--but I wasn't sure if I should add "Deserving You" to the list, since it was inspired by Shipsgiving and not written specifically for it. Or am I over thinking things?
            Yes.

Comment

Added one more pic to the list.

Got through the fic last night and it was all great. Even found some old fic I missed!

Looking forward to the graphics tonight.

Thanks, Everyone.

Sam and Jack Shipsgiving List

Post your Sam and Jack fanfiction and videos here. Please quote this post then remove the QUOTE tags and add your art at the bottom of the appropriate list.

FANFICTION:

Thanksgiving in the Springs by sg-1fanintn
              Thanksgiving in Minnesota by sg-1fanintn
              Thanksgiving on the Hammond by sg-1fanintn
              Scrap Metal by Kate1013
              Gratitude by dreamer one
              A Little Thanks by Rangerbaldwin
              Cranberries by Jasper'sFavorite
              Stuffed by Chopin Gal
              A reason for the Season by dreamer one
              The Tao of Pie by Akamaimom
              Saving the Ship by Hedwig
              The List by hlndncr
              This is War by hlndncr
              Stargazing with Carter by hlndncr
              Don't Dream It's Over by hlndncr
              Empty Hand by Zoser
              In the Shadows by Rachel500
              Telling Mark by LadyGalaxyJ

VIDEOS:

Shipsgiving 2010 by XFChemist
              I'm yours by yessika
              Reachout and Touch me by Devilish Me
              Perfect by Devilish Me
              Canto III by akachankami
              Miles from where you are by starg8rocks
              Bad Romance by yessika
              Two Is Better Than One, Alternate link by yessika
              2010 Tribute by yessika
              Breakeven, Alternate link by yessika

ARTWORK:
              Every Sam and Jack Shippy Moment Ever in Pictures by hldncr
              101 Looks of Sam for Jack by hlndncr
              Shipper Rewatch Banners by many talented shippers
              S/J Signature
              Matching Avatar
              Matching Wallpaper - by Nynaeve506
              While the Turkeys Burns - by CDM
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

The art of procrastination. We had to replace a water heater today, which involved a great deal of grumbling, banging, replacing soaked drywall, etc... So, when I sat down to work finally, on actual WORK, I decided...nope. Time to replace the GW avatar!

And, while I was at it, I updated my Campfire banner to reflect the last 10 stories written. Yay!

and...just 'cause:
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Sanctuary OT
                  Spoiler:
                  is the pilot on season 1 DVD suppose to be split up into two episodes and is amanda tapping's voice suppose to be missing when she says "the choice is yours?"
                  just Thought I ask.

Comment

What surprises me is that they didn't have some sort of protocol for dealing with food and drink on other planets. I could see if they were in a precarious situation where they might piss off the locals to the point of want of conflict, but these people were clearly unarmed and fairly carefree. Weighing risk against risk, I'm thinking they should have refused food and drink and stuck with their own packs. I mean, what about food allergies? Or pathogens? There's a reason you're not supposed to drink the water in Mexico folks.
                    This is true, of course, but my issue wasn't that Jack ate the cake, but that Sam didn't stop him from going off with her. I don't remember if Daniel and Teal'c were there, but watching your CO stagger off with an alien woman should have given them some concerns!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      Sanctuary OT
                      Spoiler:
                      is the pilot on season 1 DVD suppose to be split up into two episodes and is amanda tapping's voice suppose to be missing when she says "the choice is yours?"
                      just Thought I ask.
                      No idea... maybe you should post the question on the Sanctuary forum, or the Amanda Tapping thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                        This is true, of course, but my issue wasn't that Jack ate the cake, but that Sam didn't stop him from going off with her. I don't remember if Daniel and Teal'c were there, but watching your CO stagger off with an alien woman should have given them some concerns!
                        Not that it would have taken much to get around them, but the villagers(?) did put up a physical shield of themselves in front of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c when they got up to stop Jack from being taken away. I was surprised S,D&T didn't try harder, since the villagers would likely have been mighty surprised at being forced to give up Jack.

And also given how Jack teased Sam in one of the earlier episodes about attempting to take her clothes off after drinking whatever it was on some other planet on a previous mission, you would think the team would have learned their lesson about accepting food from aliens.

Comment

Null and Void. He didn't know they were getting married, and therefore the contract would have no legal standing.

And I was inspired to do a teeny little fic by an avatar pic of Sam/Jack that I saw during Shipsgiving. I posted the short version of it on that thread, and have since tweaked it.

Long version linky below:

Deserving You

Seriously--this story is nothing but candy-floss fluff.
                          I agree....BOTH parties involved have to be able to validly consent to the marriage......so if it can be shown that just ONE party was not able to give valid consent to the marriage due to not being in full possession of his/her faculties.....then a decree of nullity for the marriage can be granted (marriage never happened to begin with in other words).....and Jack was clearly under the influence of an alien date rape drug....he'd've probably consented to blowing away his own mother under the influence of that drug

Comment

What surprises me is that they didn't have some sort of protocol for dealing with food and drink on other planets. I could see if they were in a precarious situation where they might piss off the locals to the point of want of conflict, but these people were clearly unarmed and fairly carefree. Weighing risk against risk, I'm thinking they should have refused food and drink and stuck with their own packs. I mean, what about food allergies? Or pathogens? There's a reason you're not supposed to drink the water in Mexico folks.
                            Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                            Both you points are what irked me in the episode. I believe all of them should have known better than to act like they did.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            And, while I was at it, I updated my Campfire banner to reflect the last 10 stories written. Yay!
                            I like it!

sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                              Ship days always have that effect on me too I suddenly start getting my dvds out and remember just how much I love Sappy pretty much describes me for a good week after

As a thank you to everyone who took part and made the day special, I made some flair again. I posted most of them in the Shipsgiving thread yesterday, here's the rest
                              Awesome! Thanks so much

Originally posted by Emengee View Post
                              Non-shipsgiving... but has anyone noticed (and I would be stupid not to believe anyone else hasn't already noticed this and discussed it to death) but in the episode Nemisis when Sam runs after Jack because she changed her mind they played part of the song beauty and the beast in the background? Right as he turns around and they share *that* look?

I haven't noticed, but others on this thread (who are far more observant than me) may have.

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                              Sorry random post - Eeek watching TBTFGOG and he does say "I love you", I've never heard it before, and gawd how I've tried but I definitely heard it tonight - ahh luverly
                              Oooh, really? *shippy sigh*
                              When does he say that... right when he hugs her? I've never noticed that before (see my comment above about my powers of observation ) I really need to pay more attention to these kinds of details.

Comment

...What surprises me is that they didn't have some sort of protocol for dealing with food and drink on other planets. I could see if they were in a precarious situation where they might piss off the locals to the point of want of conflict, but these people were clearly unarmed and fairly carefree. Weighing risk against risk, I'm thinking they should have refused food and drink and stuck with their own packs. I mean, what about food allergies? Or pathogens? There's a reason you're not supposed to drink the water in Mexico folks.
                                Actually, you raise a terrific point here. Let's reverse the situation. Sam is offered cake by a buff young man in a toga. She eats it, then is led to her feet for some fun, playful dancing, then, quite obviously not herself, is pulled along behind him toward a tent.

I'd bet you that Colonel Jack "Oh, there's not a chance in hell" O'Neill would have been on his feet in a flash saying, "Whoa there, Sparky. Let's just all stay here and chat, shall we?"

Great point.
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X