X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
    SGU OT (just in case!)
    Spoiler:
    I watch it every week, in the dark, more atmosphere!! It's not my favourite but I love sci-fi and there's the loyalty thing. I was irked by the cabin incident. Did they write that in to irritate us shippers? I'm growing to like Young though, his character is interesting. As to eye candy he just ain't in the same league
    Spoiler:
    Huh? What cabin incident?
    [/
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Hi, Ship Family! I tried to post this last night, but GW wouldn't take my post. Glad to see it's back up and running.

I come to you today with a bit of a problem. The person who was making the art for Shipsgiving is currently incognito. I've been trying to contact her through various means for about a week...and I haven't heard from her. I'm a little concerned about her. At the same time, we need to get our sig up and begin posting invitations for our event...

...which is about 9 days away!!!! (November 20)

So...what should we do?

Would someone else like to make the art? We need to get the invitations out, and promote the event by using the sig and avatar. I'm a little at a loss for what to do, and am looking for advice.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
        Hi, Ship Family! I tried to post this last night, but GW wouldn't take my post. Glad to see it's back up and running.

I come to you today with a bit of a problem. The person who was making the art for Shipsgiving is currently incognito. I've been trying to contact her through various means for about a week...and I haven't heard from her. I'm a little concerned about her. At the same time, we need to get our sig up and begin posting invitations for our event...

...which is about 9 days away!!!! (November 20)

So...what should we do?

Would someone else like to make the art? We need to get the invitations out, and promote the event by using the sig and avatar. I'm a little at a loss for what to do, and am looking for advice.

Thanks!
        I can make the art tonight if you tell me what needs to be on it. Does that help?

EDIT: And I need sizes.
        Last edited by hlndncr; 11 November 2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
          Thanks for all the pics everyone

Spoiler:
          Is it true that Sam/Jack were going out near the end of the show? Cuz I heard they were.
          Sam and Jack Can of Worms Opening:

Spoiler:
          There hasn't ever been anything concrete about this, but a deleted scene from Sam's time in Atlantis actually DID have her talking with (doctor? What was her name??) about her older boyfriend in Washington DC who is about to retire. The scene was cut due to length, but in essence, it did confirm that Sam is romantically involved with O'Neill. Of course, there's that whole "canon" issue--are cut scenes, written and storyboarded and shot, but never aired, officially part of canon? And then there was Sam in Season 9 talking to Agent Barrett. He asks her if, since she didn't end up marrying Pete, she's then single, and her "Not exactly" answer is vague enough to mean anything--including the fact that Sam is involved with Jack. That was my take on that line, and many other shippers' interpretation of it, too. But since it wasn't explicitly stated that she was with Jack--others have balked at calling that confirmation.

So, long story short. I don't believe that they were dating at the end of the series. Nope.

Spoiler:
          Because I think they got themselves good and hitched.

By the way--here in the States it's a holiday--Veteran's Day. Since I know that some of you on this forum have served in the Armed Forces (of any country) or are from military families--let me offer a since THANK YOU! Thank you for your service and sacrifice, and God bless you all.
          Last edited by Akamaimom; 11 November 2010, 02:20 PM.
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            I can make the art tonight if you tell me what needs to be on it. Does that help?

EDIT: And I need sizes.
            Thanks so much! I've just sent you a PM with all the info you'll need. I look forward to hearing back from you!!!

Comment

*puts hand up*

Melissa I know I'm free during my X-mas break...so if you already want to get a headstart on the Christmas stuff...let me know when you want it in Dec. and I'll do that
              (I mean the Christmas products are already in the stores here so why not think about Shipmas too )

And Hlndncr if you need help, I have some time tonight

If any of this is wrong since I'm mainly lurking these days....just ignore me
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Spoiler:
                There hasn't ever been anything concrete about this, but a deleted scene from Sam's time in Atlantis actually DID have her talking with (doctor? What was her name??) about her older boyfriend in Washington DC who is about to retire. The scene was cut due to length, but in essence, it did confirm that Sam is romantically involved with O'Neill. Of course, there's that whole "canon" issue--are cut scenes, written and storyboarded and shot, but never aired, officially part of canon? And then there was Sam in Season 9 talking to Agent Barrett. He asks her if, since she didn't end up marrying Pete, she's then single, and her "Not exactly" answer is vague enough to mean anything--including the fact that Sam is involved with Jack. That was my take on that line, and many other shippers' interpretation of it, too. But since it wasn't explicitly stated that she was with Jack--others have balked at calling that confirmation.
                Spoiler:
                Yes, and she has a big framed picture of Jack in her quarters! I know I sure don't have any big framed pictures of my former bosses in my bedroom!

She also has a picture of Jack in her office on the credenza behind her desk. You can see it over her shoulder in some shots.

And in that scene with Jennifer (which is on the DVDs in the deleted scenes) she says her boyfriend is older, in DC, and thinking about retiring. Jennifer then asks if it's anyone she's heard of, like a senator or something, and Sam looks really, really uncomfortable and changes the subject! It's very clear she's talking about Jack!
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  *puts hand up*

Melissa I know I'm free during my X-mas break...so if you already want to get a headstart on the Christmas stuff...let me know when you want it in Dec. and I'll do that
                  (I mean the Christmas products are already in the stores here so why not think about Shipmas too )

And Hlndncr if you need help, I have some time tonight

If any of this is wrong since I'm mainly lurking these days....just ignore me
                  Thanks. Starting on it now. But I am still new at this so if I have trouble or get stuck I'll be in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes, and she has a big framed picture of Jack in her quarters! I know I sure don't have any big framed pictures of my former bosses in my bedroom!

She also has a picture of Jack in her office on the credenza behind her desk. You can see it over her shoulder in some shots.

And in that scene with Jennifer (which is on the DVDs in the deleted scenes) she says her boyfriend is older, in DC, and thinking about retiring. Jennifer then asks if it's anyone she's heard of, like a senator or something, and Sam looks really, really uncomfortable and changes the subject! It's very clear she's talking about Jack!

And the commentary is even clearer that Sam was talking about Jack.

Artie - your PM box is full!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      And the commentary is even clearer that Sam was talking about Jack.

Artie - your PM box is full!
                      Ooops! Thank you! And sorry!
                      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Spoiler:

Re the bolded part in the spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        If you believe Joe Mallozzi (and a lot of people do), in answer to a question I posted about that cut scene in "Trio", his reply was that the scene would not have been filmed if it was not canon. So, you can make what you will from his reply.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Re the bolded part in the spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          If you believe Joe Mallozzi (and a lot of people do), in answer to a question I posted about that cut scene in "Trio", his reply was that the scene would not have been filmed if it was not canon. So, you can make what you will from his reply.
                          Spoiler:
                          The Stargate Atlantis Legacy authors were told that if it was filmed and on the DVDs it was canon, but if it was just discussed or said at a con or on a blog it wasn't. So that means the scene in Trio is canon, and for the purposes of Legacy Jack/Sam is a canon ship!
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            Okay, first of all, I totally agree with you. Just a little nitpicking here: I think the picture you can see in her suitcase is the one in her office and there are pictures of Daniel, Cassie, Teal'c and Jacob, too. Is there another one in her quarters? If not, Jack's photo would be one amongst others. Just saying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              The Stargate Atlantis Legacy authors were told that if it was filmed and on the DVDs it was canon, but if it was just discussed or said at a con or on a blog it wasn't. So that means the scene in Trio is canon, and for the purposes of Legacy Jack/Sam is a canon ship!
                              Yay! I always considered it canon, especially after Trio. And I get all tingly when I hear the above but....

*hangs head in shame*

What's 'Legacy'? I should know about this, shouldn't I? LOL!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Okay, first of all, I totally agree with you. Just a little nitpicking here: I think the picture you can see in her suitcase is the one in her office and there are pictures of Daniel, Cassie, Teal'c and Jacob, too. Is there another one in her quarters? If not, Jack's photo would be one amongst others. Just saying.
                                I'm wondering why we are putting this in spoilers, since that episode aired at least 2-3 years ago, and by now most everybody knows about that picture. And all this stuff has been discussed publicly in the past, soo .....

Anyway, the picture in Sam's quarters is an individual picture of Jack, and is from the episode "Singularity" from the scene in the park at the end just after he's brought Cassie her first dog. The picture was very briefly shown in one of the packing totes in her quarters when she was unpacking.

The pictures on the shelf behind Sam's desk are ones of Cassie, Jacob, Teal'c and Daniel (Daniel's picture being one from the wedding scene in the episode "200"), and one of Sam and Jack fishing on the little dock on the pond at his cabin (which was the picture from the scene at the end of "Moebius"). There is no individual picture of Jack on the shelf behind Sam's desk.

Comment

Working...
                                X