• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I abandoned hope for a third movie
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      Shippers! Gosh it's been too long since I've been here.

Yes. If Jack and Jacob had been able to have that 'talk' about how he felt about Sam and that he wanted to ask her to marry him. Jacob is quite happy, much to Jack's relief. He offers Jacob his hand and as Jacob grasps Jack's hand in handshake, Jack smiles playfully and says, "Thanks Dad."

I WOULD BUY IT!!!

Add my name to the list.

I read the interview with Amanda and Wood and her view is that, although she'd be willing if they ever called, as she put it, the window is definitely closing. Made a bit sad actually
      Although I have to say that I've heard rumors that they're making another Top Gun--and isn't Tom Cruise somewhere around 75 or so years old? Ha ha ha ha.

As AT says, "Never say never."

FAITH! BELIEVE! FAITH! BELIEVE!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        Just a question: What do you mean by "message for your secret santa"?
        It's just a little message i'll pass on to the person who will be making something for you. it's fun to get to be honest. That's why I put that in every year but sometimes people don't do it, and that's sad

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          I think her attitude is pessimistic, I mean I know time has passed but is not that rare for projects to get finished years later. I can't say I agree with her *shrugs*

I am staying positive
          After all, how long did it take to get the 2d X-Files movie made? (Not that I saw it, mind you, but it did finally get made.)

Originally posted by Akamaimom
          Although I have to say that I've heard rumors that they're making another Top Gun--and isn't Tom Cruise somewhere around 75 or so years old? Ha ha ha ha.
          My thought when I heard that bit of news, was "OMG, Why???"

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            After all, how long did it take to get the 2d X-Files movie made? (Not that I saw it, mind you, but it did finally get made.)
            Yeah, and they solved the Mulder/Scully issue. So maybe there is some hope left.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
              Yeah, and they solved the Mulder/Scully issue. So maybe there is some hope left.
              Not to mention Indiana Jones 4--that got made, too. Even with Harrison Ford with his walker.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                There have been about a quadrillion scenes written by fan fic authors, I'm sure.

Just a thought.

Hmm, now I'm hankering after Jack/Jacob "threads missing scene" fics. Anyone got a rec or three?

You know--if a little touching is all it takes to get us all kerfuffelled, then all they have to do is splice together two hours' worth of "moments" and sell it as Movie #3, and we shippers would be so caught up in the contact that we'd never know the difference.

Yeah--I'd buy that.

Me too!

So, there's a fic bunny for someone. Team movie night. Teal'c chooses a random movie that has one of "Those" scenes in it--lots of skin, heavy breathing, etc. And Jack and Sam are sitting next to each other on the couch. . .

Anyone? Anyone?
                Oooh... tempting!

What movie though? I ca't see Jack sitting through 9 1/2 weeks somehow. It'd have to be something more general / guy orientated but with an unexpectedly hot scene in it somewhere.

Movie #3. I AT's comments in that interview are her way of diplomatically saying she doesn't think it's going to happen. However the fact she says she'll always be happy to play Sam again is quite optimistic. Historically, things do tend to happen - eventually - where there's a will to make it happen. Brad Wright certainly hasn't given up on the idea so there's always hope.

Funnily enough I was watching the Star Trek movie marathon on one of our TV channels last night, and in the last Next gen one Riker and Troi get married and it reminded me that their shippers took 15 years to get their final confirmation. Anything is possible.
                sigpic

Comment

Hmm, now I'm hankering after Jack/Jacob "threads missing scene" fics. Anyone got a rec or three?
                  The only one I know for sure is the aforementioned ones of my own in "Passing Time". But like I said, they're buried within other scenes. I don't know of any stand alone stories or chapters.

Hedwig? She usually knows. . .

Two more quick things:

First--I just have to say that if #3 DOES get made, they had better RESOLVE the relationship within the movie, or they will lose a lot of the fandom. Like--you know--us shippers. Even a 30 second scene--it had better be clear and obvious that Sam and Jack are together.

Second--it's been so long since there have been so many people on chatting and having fun--it's awesome! I've missed it! Thanks for being here today! I needed it!
                  Last edited by Akamaimom; 18 October 2010, 12:44 PM.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Yes and I quite loved it

My thought when I heard that bit of news, was "OMG, Why???"
                    I think might watch it

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                    Yeah, there's hope

Not to mention Indiana Jones 4--that got made, too. Even with Harrison Ford with his walker.
                    I really liked Indiana Jones 4, even if Shia LaBeouf was in it

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Funnily enough I was watching the Star Trek movie marathon on one of our TV channels last night, and in the last Next gen one Riker and Troi get married and it reminded me that their shippers took 15 years to get their final confirmation. Anything is possible.
                    There is definitely hope then
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*pops in to say hi!*

Glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling with writing fics right now. I have three that I'm halfway through and I just can't seem to finish them no matter how long I stare at them I'm going to have to blame work... yes work... cos really they're all different genres so I should be able to hop from one to the other. Fluff is so much easier to write!

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                        Yes and I quite loved it
                        I was quite disappointed with the X files 2nd movie. Not so much the ship (that was the best part of it IMO!) but the plot was just damn awful and they never explained what happened for them to go from being on the run to... well not...

Comment

I asked for Jack/Jacob stories in the Jack/Sam Fic Recs thread and there is L.A.Doyle's
                          Meddling http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2947849/1/Meddling
                          Still Meddling http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3039881/1/Still_Meddling
                          sigpic

Comment

The only one I know for sure is the aforementioned ones of my own in "Passing Time". But like I said, they're buried within other scenes. I don't know of any stand alone stories or chapters.

Hedwig? She usually knows. . .
                            Urrgh ... she does know. And I have read numerous stories where Jack and Jacob "talk". However, ... it's been a long time since I read any of those and at the moment I'm not remembering title/authors. I have this huge file on my computer with likely a couple of thousand fics saved, many by author, some by subject (as in "Sam's Family" - which are mostly about Mark). I'll go through them and see if any of the titles ring a bell as to if they feature Jack/Jacob. If I come across any I'll post the title and author (and link, if the link is still valid). This could take awhile, though.

There's a couple of really cute ones that take place after S/J get married and have a baby, and then Jacob comes back to earth for a visit and discovers what's been happening during his absence. Who would think that Jack would use an innocent baby to protect him from Jacob's wrath?

And there's always Jacob's appearance in the wonderful "Blame It On the Tinsel".

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post

I was quite disappointed with the X files 2nd movie. Not so much the ship (that was the best part of it IMO!) but the plot was just damn awful and they never explained what happened for them to go from being on the run to... well not...
                              I really liked the movie, especially the ship

What I was really disappointed with was the series finale. I guess that explains why I like the movie so much
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Urrgh ... she does know. And I have read numerous stories where Jack and Jacob "talk". However, ... it's been a long time since I read any of those and at the moment I'm not remembering title/authors. I have this huge file on my computer with likely a couple of thousand fics saved, many by author, some by subject (as in "Sam's Family" - which are mostly about Mark). I'll go through them and see if any of the titles ring a bell as to if they feature Jack/Jacob. If I come across any I'll post the title and author (and link, if the link is still valid). This could take awhile, though.

There's a couple of really cute ones that take place after S/J get married and have a baby, and then Jacob comes back to earth for a visit and discovers what's been happening during his absence. Who would think that Jack would use an innocent baby to protect him from Jacob's wrath?

And there's always Jacob's appearance in the wonderful "Blame It On the Tinsel".
                                Oh yes--that one is marvelous!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X