Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ
    Was able to find the story using the id. in the link trinity provided us and recreate the link. (That's what you get from hanging around FF.net for long hours a day. ;P)
    Here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6343551/1

;D
    thanks!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

Was able to find the story using the id. in the link trinity provided us and recreate the link. (That's what you get from hanging around FF.net for long hours a day. ;P)
      Here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6343551/1

;D
      Thanks! I've read and reviewed it.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Anyone awake around here?

I am! Leaving for a dance competition in Williamsburg in a few minutes. Won't be back until late tonight. It's such a hard choice, dancing or shipping. But for today, it will be dancing.

Here's a shippy moment to tide you all over until my triumphant return:

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Anyone awake around here?

I am! Leaving for a dance competition in Williamsburg in a few minutes. Won't be back until late tonight. It's such a hard choice, dancing or shipping. But for today, it will be dancing.

Here's a shippy moment to tide you all over until my triumphant return:

Fallen. The discussion over whether it's the craziest plan ever.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
            "Wackier than blowing up a sun?"

"Yup."

"He's probably right."

Totally sweet moment. And I like her hair in these episodes. Maybe I'll print out the pic and take it to my stylist and see what she can do.
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

awards results

Here's a list of the winners! Congrats to our own Rachel500 for her win!

And this ship STILL rocks the boat.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Darn, when was the voting?? I didn't realize it was open, and now it's already finished!

There was a lot of Daniel stuff that won, perhaps I'll try a Gen fic or Daniel/Vala... don't like it when the pair Daniel with Sam and especially not Daniel with Jack (wrong on so MANY levels!)

Congrats to Rachel500 and the other Sam/Jack fic writers, esp Phoenix-cry for "Secret Lives of Pandas". That was one of the overall best fics I've ever read, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  I know it's irrational but I'm pissed off by the easy shipping on SGU, while we're still waiting for the resolution 13+ years
                  Written in a different world methinks....

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  daniel: no, sam.

sam: .....

daniel. you can NOT lick jack!

sam: whaaaaaat?
                  hah - liked that one

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  For OMA-1. (and for the rest of my shipper friends--especially those in the angst cavern. . .)

An AU story, in exchange for the awesome sig. Sorry it took so long, and I hope you like it!

Cracks in the Glass
                  Lovely story - have left review
                  Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  *popping in*

Hi all. *Pol waves tiredly.*

Spoiler:
                  I'm home playing hooky from doctoral classes tonight. I just couldn't face six hours in class tonight. I'm exhausted. I think teaching 21 unit, plus diss, plus novel, etc... was a bad, bad plan. :::sigh::: Sorry, venting. I miss 'shipping.

I still owe a Campfire, I know. I'm just...well, you know.

Thanks for the shippy pics, I'm lovin' them.
                  *Hugs*
                  RL is a pain sometimes. I love it in this shippy place, keeps me happy, reduces stress, gives me great fanfics, and just for a while forget about what I should be doing!

Comment

Congrats to Rachel500! ;DD

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                    Love that scene! <3

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                    *Hugs*
                    RL is a pain sometimes. I love it in this shippy place, keeps me happy, reduces stress, gives me great fanfics, and just for a while forget about what I should be doing!
                    True. Shipping is often a cure when RL gets strain. (Well, it is for me! ^^)

sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                      Darn, when was the voting?? I didn't realize it was open, and now it's already finished!
                      These things don't seem to be widely advertised. It's amazing that with as small as fandom really is, that so many really talented people missed out.

It seems to be like Dancing with the Stars, tho'. A popularity contest. Because, I'm sorry to say, some of the fic that won was truly dreadful.

Thankfully, at least some of the best in S/J fandom were represented.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        These things don't seem to be widely advertised. It's amazing that with as small as fandom really is, that so many really talented people missed out.

It seems to be like Dancing with the Stars, tho'. A popularity contest. Because, I'm sorry to say, some of the fic that won was truly dreadful.

Thankfully, at least some of the best in S/J fandom were represented.
                        Yes. I agree. I had one nominated, and honestly--I was happy with that. When it comes to the voting part, I didn't hold my breath. One thing that I did suggest for next year was that they separate the huge long ones (like mine) from the short one-shots. I might have suggested that they advertise on this site, except that a lot of the material violates every Gateworld rule.

Oh well. It was fun to do. I get more satisfaction from reviews and people "favoriting" me than from the competition--although it was a nice boost to have been nominated.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

*pops in*
                          Just watched PoV with my friend and it reminded me of the S/J cutsyness. So angsty, so sad, but oh so good.
                          I like it how Jack is clueless in one way but also exactly knows what AU Sam is talking about. His only reason of why they aren't together in this reality is the USAF regs. Poor things.

Now watching upgrades, then D&C
                          We already decided we want the bracelets...just for the fact to study quicker...even if it is only for a few days.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            *pops in*
                            Just watched PoV with my friend and it reminded me of the S/J cutsyness. So angsty, so sad, but oh so good.
                            I like it how Jack is clueless in one way but also exactly knows what AU Sam is talking about. His only reason of why they aren't together in this reality is the USAF regs. Poor things.

Now watching upgrades, then D&C
                            We already decided we want the bracelets...just for the fact to study quicker...even if it is only for a few days.
                            Well, then, did you see this? Spoilered for unabashed self-pimpation. . .
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Hi Shippers!

I hope everyone is having a spectacular weekend. I'm working all weekend, but I wanted to come by tonight and drop off a little ficlet. A drabble to be precise. My muse seems to think that Sam and Jack can't keep their hands off of each other these days. I'm rating it MA to be safe, though it's more hawt than explicit, if that makes any sense. Anyhow, Sam & Jack in 100 words. You can decide the timeline. GW precautions followed to be safe. It's the top entry in the journal, entitled Please...
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Nice vids, XFC.

Let's see, what else on my catching-up? No idea.

Happy shipping.

Oh, I remember now...Ooooh, hands on face kissing!
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X