No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've actually never see Farscape, so I have know virtually nothing about Aeryn and John beyond the fact that they exist LOL. Of course, knowing that explains the chemistry (not really UST or anything, they just have a good vibe on screen if that makes sense) between Ben and Claudia.

And in-canon, I agree with you Akamai!

And in canon Sam and Jac are...

Spoiler:
    soooooo married

And that's what counts right?

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      Artie! I love your stuff and may I say you also appease the tiny, secret, not-canon ship I have...Cam/Vala (but not in a fluffy love sense).

*cough*Sam/Jackforever*cough* (tries to distract from what she just admitted to)

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...mandjack-1.jpg

Comment

I've actually never see Farscape, so I have know virtually nothing about Aeryn and John beyond the fact that they exist LOL. Of course, knowing that explains the chemistry (not really UST or anything, they just have a good vibe on screen if that makes sense) between Ben and Claudia.
        You should go watch Farscape!! But it's true, Ben and Claudia worked together on that show for 4 years plus the movie. They do have great chemistry. Cam and Vala do have good scenes together!

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
          I'll also encourage you to write!! Quick question... in your "Passing Time" series you introduced Doc Polly, the shrink who helped Jack get along (I loved her btw)... did you have any final scene in mind with them that wasn't in your series? Did he pop back in and say, "Hey I'm cured, Thanks! I'm off to go fishing with my new wife!"
          Doc Polly. I'm actually thinking that she would have been at the wedding. She struck me as a deeply spiritual person who was also a great romantic/realist. In my mind, she wouldn't have ended up being part of the family as much as other characters that have come flailing out of my twisted mind, but she would have always had a place in Jack's affections. And by the time the series ended, I think that he didn't need her in the therapist/patient way, but would have morphed that into what he makes other relationships that don't really belong anywhere else--she's "his" somehow, and as such, would have earned respect, protection, and the promise of help at any time.

Speaking of which. I've always seen O'Neill as very much an Alpha male. (I know, duh. . .) And he collects people. I can't see him turning his back on anyone who has become part of the family that he's built up around himself. They're "his". Does that make any sense? So, beyond Daniel, Teal'c, and Walter, who else do you think he would have insisted get an invitation to the wedding? Which members of the SGC are part of his "family"?
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            Doc Polly. I'm actually thinking that she would have been at the wedding. She struck me as a deeply spiritual person who was also a great romantic/realist. In my mind, she wouldn't have ended up being part of the family as much as other characters that have come flailing out of my twisted mind, but she would have always had a place in Jack's affections. And by the time the series ended, I think that he didn't need her in the therapist/patient way, but would have morphed that into what he makes other relationships that don't really belong anywhere else--she's "his" somehow, and as such, would have earned respect, protection, and the promise of help at any time.

Speaking of which. I've always seen O'Neill as very much an Alpha male. (I know, duh. . .) And he collects people. I can't see him turning his back on anyone who has become part of the family that he's built up around himself. They're "his". Does that make any sense? So, beyond Daniel, Teal'c, and Walter, who else do you think he would have insisted get an invitation to the wedding? Which members of the SGC are part of his "family"?
            Cassie (obviously).
            Siler - after all, Siler said Jack was already in his Will in "Reckoning".
            Reynolds, Dixon, Pierce, Griff, maybe Dr. Lee.
            Possibly one or two people from Atlantis if they're on earth at the right time. Can't think of anybody else right offhand.

Comment

Daniel, Teal'c, Walter, Cassie, Siler, Reynolds, Dixon, Pierce, Griff, Dr. Lee
              I'm also thinking Hammond (he's still alive at that point, right?), Davis, and Hailey (?)

Non-SGC personnel: Bra'tac, Ish'ta, Rya'c (and Karinne, of course).

They obviously didn't invite Barrett.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

AAAAAAHHHHH too many plot bunnies in my head...

Akamai, you're talk about Doc Polly made me think of my small one shot called "Sunshine" told from Dr. McKenzie's POV (I think he gets a bad rap and maybe because of my own experiences, I'm a little soft-hearted towards therapists and psychiatrists).

I've been working a story in my head that's a Sam story about her getting through the issue with Jolinar.

That and my own opinion on Pete.

And then putting my own version of after Threads in my own words (and hey, those of you sick of Threads stories don't have to read it! LOL).

But I still have a doze Janeway/Chakotay stories to write.

Did I mention I work 40 hours, am moving in the next week, and have toddler and husband?

Egads.

Comment

AAAAAAHHHHH too many plot bunnies in my head...

Akamai, you're talk about Doc Polly made me think of my small one shot called "Sunshine" told from Dr. McKenzie's POV (I think he gets a bad rap and maybe because of my own experiences, I'm a little soft-hearted towards therapists and psychiatrists).

I've been working a story in my head that's a Sam story about her getting through the issue with Jolinar.

That and my own opinion on Pete.

And then putting my own version of after Threads in my own words (and hey, those of you sick of Threads stories don't have to read it! LOL).

But I still have a doze Janeway/Chakotay stories to write.

Did I mention I work 40 hours, am moving in the next week, and have toddler and husband?

Egads.
                  People Being Outrageously Irresponsible:
                  Spoiler:

I know! I have a king-sized four patch with monstrous borders on my machine right now, an I'm supposed to be making curling amish feathers along the outermost borders at this exact moment in time, but what am I actually doing? Writing a scene between Major Sam and Doctor Samantha.

I have two quilts to do for a publication, eleven to be done for another set of designers for quilt market that have to be done by the 8th of October, and five or six more due within the next few weeks, and here I sit. Typing.

At least the kids are all in bed and the dishes done. But we won't talk about how long it's been since I went grocery shopping. I'm out of Diet Pepsi, and that, my friends, is a tragedy.

And Nynaeve--is your toddler a climber like my toddler? Holy cow--the number of times I've rescued him from the top of the kitchen counters this week is astounding. twit.

And ON Topic: isn't it great that these characters still make us WANT to write after all these years? Absolutely!
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

People Being Outrageously Irresponsible:
                    Spoiler:

I know! I have a king-sized four patch with monstrous borders on my machine right now, an I'm supposed to be making curling amish feathers along the outermost borders at this exact moment in time, but what am I actually doing? Writing a scene between Major Sam and Doctor Samantha.

I have two quilts to do for a publication, eleven to be done for another set of designers for quilt market that have to be done by the 8th of October, and five or six more due within the next few weeks, and here I sit. Typing.

At least the kids are all in bed and the dishes done. But we won't talk about how long it's been since I went grocery shopping. I'm out of Diet Pepsi, and that, my friends, is a tragedy.

And Nynaeve--is your toddler a climber like my toddler? Holy cow--the number of times I've rescued him from the top of the kitchen counters this week is astounding. twit.

And ON Topic: isn't it great that these characters still make us WANT to write after all these years? Absolutely!
                    Life and writing
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes. Eli is a climber. On me, on precariously stacked objects, on anything that is high enough that if he fell, he'd crack his head. >.<

I want my dang transporter... :: mutters :: THOR!!!

And yes, it is great. And maddening.

Greatly maddening.

Comment

I'm also thinking Hammond (he's still alive at that point, right?), Davis, and Hailey (?)

Non-SGC personnel: Bra'tac, Ish'ta, Rya'c (and Karinne, of course).

They obviously didn't invite Barrett.
                      I'm so horrible. I forgot Major Davis; he MUST be invited. And, of course, Hammond, since he was still alive at the beginning of Season 9. And I like the idea of inviting Bra'tac, Ish'ta, Rya'c and Karinne. Should be interesting for them to see an earth wedding. And I do like to think that Sam and Jennifer Hailey became friends, and Sam might want her to be there, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                        Maybe you guys can help me -- I'm looking for a J/S fic I read a while back, and I can't remember where I saw it or who the author was. It was set between the first movie and Children of the Gods, in which Jack meets Sam in a bar in Colorado Springs and they get "very friendly", only they never tell each other their names. Sara has just left him and she's just broken up with Jonas. And then the last scene is in Children of the Gods, when Jack realizes that Carter is OMG the woman he met before....

Anybody got any idea what this was or where to find it again? It was really good.

Thanks loads!
                        It sounds like Arla's "Til We Meet Again". IIRC, it has sexually explicit content, so I can't provide a direct link, but you can find it here: http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/. It's on the Helio2 Adult Archive.

I've been away for a few days with no time for surfing the net, so it's nice to back. So much catching up to do, especially with all the fics that the talented people here have posted. Hopefully, I'll have time to read them all tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                          Is it really Cam/Vala... or that you miss Crichotn/Aeryn?? I'm a big Crichton/Aeryn shipper, but not Cam/Vala... Vala clearly has a thing for Daniel (and vice versa). IMO, of course. I don't mind Cam/Lam... but I think that's just an attempt to pair poor Cam up with someone since Sam and Vala are already taken

Now back to the thread...
                          I may be completely off, but I think I remember hearing Carolyn was originally meant to be Cam's love interest, but the PTB never got around to developing that relationship. (I think they make a cute couple! )

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Cassie (obviously).
                          Siler - after all, Siler said Jack was already in his Will in "Reckoning".
                          Reynolds, Dixon, Pierce, Griff, maybe Dr. Lee.
                          Possibly one or two people from Atlantis if they're on earth at the right time. Can't think of anybody else right offhand.
                          Haha, of course Siler! (What I think is funny is that Jack also (jokeingly) has Siler in his will. In "Lost City", he said that Siler was getting his Simpsons collection. I wonder what Siler has Jack down for. )
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

someone wanna make me an awesome s/J vid? i'll proide music and dirction?
                            sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

*Pol pops in*

Wildly OT:
                              Spoiler:
                              The cast is off! The cast is off! Officially no surgery needed to repair the ligament (in left (primary) hand). I behaved, typed one-handed for 6 weeks and...yeah!!!

So...reward. Pass the cookies.

See? Hammond is delighted too!

Sam's so excited, she's kissing Jack to celebrate.

Look! I typed that with BOTH hands!!
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                *Pol pops in*

Wildly OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                The cast is off! The cast is off! Officially no surgery needed to repair the ligament (in left (primary) hand). I behaved, typed one-handed for 6 weeks and...yeah!!!

So...reward. Pass the cookies.

[IMG]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l355/polrobin/vids/Hammond_YeeHa.gif[/URL]
                                See? Hammond is delighted too!

[IMG]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l355/polrobin/vids/Grace_Kiss.gif[/URL]
                                Sam's so excited, she's kissing Jack to celebrate.

Look! I typed that with BOTH hands!!
                                Huzzah! And good for you for being good!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X