Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I don't recall if this has already been recommended recently, but I just read it and enjoyed it and thought others might, too.

Rating: PG

Description: It's not easy learning how to live with someone when you're used to being on your own.

This goes in the year that would be the fifth season of SGA, right after Sam leaves Atlantis.

Territorial by artaxastra
    I liked it, too. And it's very much like it would be (if they didn't get married immediately--which I tend to believe that they did. . .) I think it brings a whole new aspect to our Shipdom, though--Melancholy. It's not Fluff, not Angst, nor Gutter. . . Or is Melancholy more rightly known as Flutter? Or perhaps Flangst?

Mind. Overloading. Have. To. Push. Button.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      I liked it, too. And it's very much like it would be (if they didn't get married immediately--which I tend to believe that they did. . .) I think it brings a whole new aspect to our Shipdom, though--Melancholy. It's not Fluff, not Angst, nor Gutter. . . Or is Melancholy more rightly known as Flutter? Or perhaps Flangst?

Mind. Overloading. Have. To. Push. Button.
      Melancholy Flangst! I like that!

I can see that they'd both be a little gunshy at that moment -- Sam has just had this disastrous thing with Pete, and there are so many changes in their lives right then. Jack's being promoted and going to DC, and he's got some relationship scars of his own. I can see that they both might want to take it slow and see where it led them, sneak up on the scary parts! Sam's had a lot of doubts over the years about whether this would work and whether he would really not expect her to give up her career. I think Jack's got his work cut out for him convincing her to marry him! (Oh no! So many stories to write! So much gutter and angst!)

I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Thank you so much! That makes me so happy!

This is a mature (and yes, I mean mature ideas, not just gutter) take on part of this learning each other process. What happens when something goes wrong, when they push too far? http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/360620.html
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Well friends, I'm off for a weekend of camping. And when I say camping, I mean a cabin in the woods with electricity, hot and cold running water, a cozy fireplace, and catered meals. No internet though; so I'm roughing it.

But before I go, I thought I'd leave you with another guess the shippy moment. (Afraid you'll have to wait until Monday for your prize though.)

Comment

48 Hours, Season 5

Jack comes into the control room and sits down next to Sam and asks if he can help, and then asks if he can get her some coffee.

Have fun camping and getting away from everything.

Comment

48 Hours, Season 5

Jack comes into the control room and sits down next to Sam and asks if he can help, and then asks if he can get her some coffee.

Have fun camping and getting away from everything.

I agree with the well wishes--have fun!

And you're too good, Hedwig.
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

I agree with the well wishes--have fun!

And you're too good, Hedwig.
              Well, ... I have to be good at something, and apparently this is it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                Um, yes? I'm so happy you're enjoying them! It's wonderful to hear that from both of you! That makes me all warm and fuzzy and makes my day!

I usually post on LJ, but I also archive here: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Artaxastra There are a bunch of SG-1 and SGA stories there too, including a bunch of SG-1/SGA crossovers with Sam or Sam/Jack later in the run of SGA. I usually post to LJ first because the archive doesn't get much feedback, and it's always fun to get some!

I really am delighted you're both reading and enjoying! Thank you so much!
                I'm enjoying you fics too, I think I'll check out the archive

I'm suffering from ship withdrawal, I have been making a vid for another fandom and I find myself missing
                I can't wait until I go back to my rewatch
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                  Um, yes? I'm so happy you're enjoying them! It's wonderful to hear that from both of you! That makes me all warm and fuzzy and makes my day!

I usually post on LJ, but I also archive here: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Artaxastra There are a bunch of SG-1 and SGA stories there too, including a bunch of SG-1/SGA crossovers with Sam or Sam/Jack later in the run of SGA. I usually post to LJ first because the archive doesn't get much feedback, and it's always fun to get some!

I really am delighted you're both reading and enjoying! Thank you so much!

Any chance on a sequel to Territorial?

Thanks for the link to the site. I'd seen it before but found it difficult to navigate but I skimmed through it today and found it easier
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Here's something to ponder ... (or not ... ):

In watching (and listening to) "Between Two Fires" where the goa'uld have just bombarded Tollana, and SG1 is listening to Narim's last words coming through from Tollana - the same music that was the "theme" in "100 Days" begins playing as the camera focuses on Sam as she realizes that Narim may be dead. I'm not sure I've ever noticed this before, and have to wonder what (if anything) it may signify. I feel pretty sure it was no accident that that music was used for that brief moment.

Thoughts?

Comment

Here's something to ponder ... (or not ... ):

In watching (and listening to) "Between Two Fires" where the goa'uld have just bombarded Tollana, and SG1 is listening to Narim's last words coming through from Tollana - the same music that was the "theme" in "100 Days" begins playing as the camera focuses on Sam as she realizes that Narim may be dead. I'm not sure I've ever noticed this before, and have to wonder what (if anything) it may signify. I feel pretty sure it was no accident that that music was used for that brief moment.

Thoughts?
                      Well, the first (and more mundane thought) is that the theme seems to be the "melancholy" theme for the show--the go-to angsty music that they use when they're conveying sadness or sorrow.

The Shipper in me wants to smile and say that the music is saying, "Another one bites the dust." (I'm sorry, you Narim lovers--I thought he was creepy and a wus. I like the actor--I've seen him on other things that I've enjoyed. But as the character--yeah--meh. Not a fan. So, I say again, "Another one bites the dust." Does that make me a bad person? )
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Artie! I love your stuff and may I say you also appease the tiny, secret, not-canon ship I have...Cam/Vala (but not in a fluffy love sense).

*cough*Sam/Jackforever*cough* (tries to distract from what she just admitted to)

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          I'm enjoying you fics too, I think I'll check out the archive

I'm suffering from ship withdrawal, I have been making a vid for another fandom and I find myself missing
                          I can't wait until I go back to my rewatch
                          Oh thank you so much! The archive is really good. There are something like 3,500 SG-1 stories on it, so lots of stuff to browse!
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                            Artie! I love your stuff and may I say you also appease the tiny, secret, not-canon ship I have...Cam/Vala (but not in a fluffy love sense).
                            Is it really Cam/Vala... or that you miss Crichotn/Aeryn?? I'm a big Crichton/Aeryn shipper, but not Cam/Vala... Vala clearly has a thing for Daniel (and vice versa). IMO, of course. I don't mind Cam/Lam... but I think that's just an attempt to pair poor Cam up with someone since Sam and Vala are already taken

Now back to the thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                              Is it really Cam/Vala... or that you miss Crichotn/Aeryn?? I'm a big Crichton/Aeryn shipper, but not Cam/Vala... Vala clearly has a thing for Daniel (and vice versa). IMO, of course. I don't mind Cam/Lam... but I think that's just an attempt to pair poor Cam up with someone since Sam and Vala are already taken

Now back to the thread...
                              Hmmm. I think that Cam ends up with the blond back home, personally. That looked promising to me.

I haven't been able to watch any episodes today, so I'm looking forward to getting the kids to bed so that I can watch while I quilt tonight!

But what I really want to do is write--but I must be good and be productive, right?

SO, I'll just say that:

This woman has the hots for this man and this man thinks she is all KINDS of fine.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Hmmm. I think that Cam ends up with the blond back home, personally. That looked promising to me.

I haven't been able to watch any episodes today, so I'm looking forward to getting the kids to bed so that I can watch while I quilt tonight!

But what I really want to do is write--but I must be good and be productive, right?

SO, I'll just say that:

This woman has the hots for this man and this man thinks she is all KINDS of fine.
                                I'll also encourage you to write!! Quick question... in your "Passing Time" series you introduced Doc Polly, the shrink who helped Jack get along (I loved her btw)... did you have any final scene in mind with them that wasn't in your series? Did he pop back in and say, "Hey I'm cured, Thanks! I'm off to go fishing with my new wife!"

Comment

Working...
                                X