Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I hear you. I went all through law school with a pen and legal pad, while all my classmates used a laptop. I don't adopt technology easily. But I am having lots of fun learning Photoshop.

And that sig is a quote from Sight Unseen. So blame Jack if he sends your mind to the gutter.
    I'll happily go with him. . .
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Love the work hlndnr

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Other than that, I'm amazed what you can come up with when you're bored in class! I usually ended up doodling flowers and stars. Of course, this was back in the dark ages when we were still taking notes on this stuff called paper and using pencils. This "having a computer in class" thing is science fiction, to me!
      Well actually...here in the USA they use that old fashioned paper and pen a lot more than in Europe. I use a laptop there all the time in Europe and in here only in one class(history; can't keep up with the notes otherwise)

Anyway..I love this age! So much better! Laptop love all around
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Love the work hlndnr

Well actually...here in the USA they use that old fashioned paper and pen a lot more than in Europe. I use a laptop there all the time in Europe and in here only in one class(history; can't keep up with the notes otherwise)

I am SOOOOO old. I didn't get my first computer until I was a senior in college. It was an Apple MacIntosh. Remember those? And you had to actually insert discs into it. Taking notes on it would have been a challenge, to say the least!

And I'm desperate for an iPad or a laptop. Unfortunately, orthodontia is rearing its ugly head. **sigh** Someday!
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

I am SOOOOO old. I didn't get my first computer until I was a senior in college. It was an Apple MacIntosh. Remember those? And you had to actually insert discs into it. Taking notes on it would have been a challenge, to say the least!

And I'm desperate for an iPad or a laptop. Unfortunately, orthodontia is rearing its ugly head. **sigh** Someday!
          Crooked teeth lends character. Mom deserves a laptop!

Comment

Crooked teeth lends character. Mom deserves a laptop!
            I do! I have/get to go to a convention at the end of October, and I really don't know how I'll survive without you all! I didn't go last year because the baby was still--shall we say--"attached to the plumbing", but this year I'm off! I only wish I had a way to check in with you every once in a while!

and on topic. . .

sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Love them, especially the last one

Love the work hlndnr

Oh yes Laptop love!! *huggles laptop*
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I do! I have/get to go to a convention at the end of October, and I really don't know how I'll survive without you all! I didn't go last year because the baby was still--shall we say--"attached to the plumbing", but this year I'm off! I only wish I had a way to check in with you every once in a while!

and on topic. . .

Oh you definetly need a laptop then, lobby for it!
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*hugs* And I do remember that one...my bro and I took it apart I even remember the windows 3.1 (when I was very young!)

I hope you get a laptop soon though!
                  sigpic

Comment

Woohoo GW is back!
                    Wallpaper I made in GW's absense!

You have SO been missed!

Yummy wall! Make more!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      You have SO been missed!

Yummy wall! Make more!
                      What she said.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        You have SO been missed!

Yummy wall! Make more!
                        Awww...my mojo is huggling you like crazy right now Doing some happy dances in a flower field were Sam and Jack are having a romantic picknick...*blinks*

Yes...it's a crazy mojo
                        sigpic

Comment

The first computer I used, in college (the "computer lab" for the non-science majors was in the basement of the Administration Building), was connected to a mainframe at another college via a land line. You had to dial a number then place the phone handset into a cradle to get the connection, which frequently dropped. And everything was print out on those long rolls of paper, there was only 1 station with a CRT. My first home computer was a Tandy, with 5 1/2 inch flopppy & no hard drive.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          Oh you definetly need a laptop then, lobby for it!
                          Have you considered a mini/netbook? They're $200-$300, sometimes less, depending on brand and if you catch a sale. I bought one for short trips when I don't need to lug the big laptop. The trade off is that they are somewhat slower than a laptop, and you have to buy an external DVD drive (about $40) if you want to watch DVDs or run CDs.
                          DDC

Comment

Sam/Jack SGU
                            Spoiler:
                            Do you guys think Sam Carter-O'Neill (Hey we all know they're married) or Jack O'Neill will make an appearance in SGU Season 2? if not maybe Season 3 (if SGU Gets renewed?

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                              The first computer I used, in college (the "computer lab" for the non-science majors was in the basement of the Administration Building), was connected to a mainframe at another college via a land line. You had to dial a number then place the phone handset into a cradle to get the connection, which frequently dropped. And everything was print out on those long rolls of paper, there was only 1 station with a CRT. My first home computer was a Tandy, with 5 1/2 inch flopppy & no hard drive.

Have you considered a mini/netbook? They're $200-$300, sometimes less, depending on brand and if you catch a sale. I bought one for short trips when I don't need to lug the big laptop. The trade off is that they are somewhat slower than a laptop, and you have to buy an external DVD drive (about $40) if you want to watch DVDs or run CDs.
                              Our first computer (not my own--my mom's) was a Commodore 64. She used it to write her Doctoral dissertation. I think it took around a hundred 5 1/2 inch floppies to store the whole thing. We had a dot matrix printer, too--with all those stupid holey edges--we used to save the strips, cut them up, and use them for confetti at football games (Shh. Don't tell the tree huggers. . .)

I'll look into the little mini notebooks. To be honest, we do need another computer in the house. All the kids want to play from time to time, and I have to kick them off in order to play with MY friends. Sheesh. You'd think we were Amish or something.

And On Topic--

Sam and Jack now--how many computers do you think they have in their house? And are they all Sam's?
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Sam/Jack SGU
                                Spoiler:
                                Do you guys think Sam Carter-O'Neill (Hey we all know they're married) or Jack O'Neill will make an appearance in SGU Season 2? if not maybe Season 3 (if SGU Gets renewed?
                                Spoiler:
                                I remember reading on JM's blog that there were no such plans this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X