Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I don't recall CPR being done in either Abyss or Frozen, though they did use those oxygen mask thingys on Jack in Frozen. Also in Frozen, we were shown Ayiana doing her healing thingy on one of the men scientists and the lady scientist, and it was implied for the rest of the group. CPR has been done a few times in other episodes, usually by Janet, who has actually climbed up on the gurney to administer it to Sam a couple of times as Sam is whisked down the corridor to the infirmary. About the only other time I remember an attempt at CPR being done was in Prometheus Unbound when Reynolds almost had to do it with General Hammond. Though now I'm thinking about it, there may have been one or two other episodes where chest compressions were being done on an injured person.

And as to RDA ever needing CPR, I'm pretty sure there'd be a very long line ahead of you, Sharon.
    Don't they do it on the other scientist when they find him outside in the snow? Nobody does it to Jack. There are screen caps of them working on the other scientist (the one with the frostbitten feet) and someone is ventilating while Janet gets his vitals--presumably, they are doing some sort of work to get his heart beating again, since they show a flatline on the monitor. I'm fairly certain that she's getting the paddles charging, and then Ayiana steps in and heals him. But in the meantime, I would assume that someone would have been pounding on his heart. . .
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Don't they do it on the other scientist when they find him outside in the snow? Nobody does it to Jack. There are screen caps of them working on the other scientist (the one with the frostbitten feet) and someone is ventilating while Janet gets his vitals--presumably, they are doing some sort of work to get his heart beating again, since they show a flatline on the monitor. I'm fairly certain that she's getting the paddles charging, and then Ayiana steps in and heals him. But in the meantime, I would assume that someone would have been pounding on his heart. . .
      Yes. They do use the oxygen bag thingy on the scientist with the frozen feet, and Janet is getting the paddles ready to use, but it isn't shown that anyone is doing chest compressions before Ayiana steps in. With jack, I just meant they had an oxygen mask on him in the portable isolation chamber when he was carried out of the site to the plane, and then back at the SGC, too, and as he's being carried through the gate at the end of the episode. I was just watching this again over the weekend (what can I say; I like a lot of Season 6 episodes)

And an SGU OT:
      Spoiler:
      Apparently Jonas Quinn's homeworld has survived being invaded by the Ori, since in the upcoming SGU season, there will be a guest who is from Langara, and it has something to do with naquadriah. So I'm just going to assume that Jonas is alive and well and survived the Ori invasion.

Originally Posted by ShipperWriter
      Okay, coffee just kicked in! Let's try this again.

I've heard mention of a CPR scene in S6 "Abyss", but I can't find any mention of it on the episode guide. Anybody have any idea? Or is it in a nearby eppy?
      I'm curious to know if by "CPR" you mean mouth-to-mouth or chest compressions or electric shock with the paddles?

Comment

*sneaks in*

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        Yep....it's the time of the year again. But are people up again for Secret Santa?

If we have at least 15 people wanting to sign up, I'll organise it again
        Yes! Me too!

*hugs Shippers*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*huggles nad*
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*pops in shyly after a long absense*

Hi!

Err..got not much to say other than the fact that I just started to rewatch SG-1 again with my roommate! I love it to squee over the S/J ship....roommate just laughs at me and is glad that she has a fellow geek living with her

For the ones who don't remember me...let me post my trademark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Hi!

Err..got not much to say other than the fact that I just started to rewatch SG-1 again with my roommate! I love it to squee over the S/J ship....roommate just laughs at me and is glad that she has a fellow geek living with her

*huggles Jann* Yay for the geeky roommie!

*stares at gif*
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                *huggles Jann* Yay for the geeky roommie!

*stares at gif*
                It's awesome

Stare away...*drools*
                Tongues colliding. Harshly. Trying to get closer....*dwells off*

*fans self*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  *huggles nad*
                  Hey... I know you... Hi Jessica!

Hi!

This one I don't know though...

It's funny, but even though I never stopped Shipping, the Mojo was pretty low. The need to ''do'' fandom was even lower. Hadn't seen an ep in... Months. But then I saw ''Lost City'' when I had an hour to kill and suddenly, it totally hit me yet again how much I like this Ship. I love it.

S/J Shipping. It's like riding a bicycle.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

OT Traffic:

Spoiler:
                    I was in a pretty bad mood just a few minutes ago, stuck in traffic for almost an hour(and this isn't even the worst time of day for it yet). Then I saw a car with the license plate "ZAT 1" Turned my whole afternoon around.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

It's funny, but even though I never stopped Shipping, the Mojo was pretty low. The need to ''do'' fandom was even lower. Hadn't seen an ep in... Months. But then I saw ''Lost City'' when I had an hour to kill and suddenly, it totally hit me yet again how much I like this Ship. I love it.

Just for that, you get a rec:

Bicycles After Dinner

And BLESS YOU, starlover, for posting the Grace kiss. I needed that today! (((hugs)))!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Just for that, you get a rec:

Bicycles After Dinner

And BLESS YOU, starlover, for posting the Grace kiss. I needed that today! (((hugs)))!
                        Great fic!!

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                        OT Traffic:

Spoiler:
                        I was in a pretty bad mood just a few minutes ago, stuck in traffic for almost an hour(and this isn't even the worst time of day for it yet). Then I saw a car with the license plate "ZAT 1" Turned my whole afternoon around.
                        OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        That's cool, I need to find out with ones are still available... Oh the possibilities!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                          Did you say sqee!guns?
                          LOL! I've never heard that one before, but it made me laugh.
                          Totally made it up!

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Because of fanfic, I've always subscribed to the idea that Sam moved a lot as a child. However, one of RepliCarter's lines in "Gemini" made me stop and thing. She says, "I've never even set foot on Earth, but I have this image of lying under the willow tree in our back yard."

Now, this doesn't really have to mean anything, but I've moved three times in the last couple years, and my brothers and I always refer to each house as "the old house" or "the second house" or "the blue house". The line doesn't have any clarification, so to me it sounds like one singular backyard of the one house Sam grew up in. Of course it doesn't have to be, but that's just the way I look at it.
                          It's actually probably MORE canon that Sam moved very often (I posted this in more detail on the Discussion thread). Her father being a military officer (and I have first hand experience, my dad didn't retire until I was in college), they would have moved almost every three years like clockwork. It's incredibly rare that they stayed in one place, especially given that he wanted to advance his career. There are just only so many places a high ranking officer can go, that's one of the reasons my dad retired as a Lt. Colonel - he didn't want to move again (I think they were talking DC at the time).

Now, I've moved a lot (from birth to 18: Mississippi (Keesler), Germany (Rhein-Main), Australia (Richmond NSW RAAF, don't know the name), South Carolina (Shaw), Nevada (Nellis), Arkansas (Little Rock) - then I went off to college at 17, moved to Florida after graduation, and then to Minnesota in 2005. Between college and now, I've moved apartments about every year and a half.

I've stopped being able to refer to places as "old" "other" or "second" LOL.

When I tell a story, I generally tell it as such (and this is a real story) "When my sister and I were little we used to collect pecans that fell from the tree in our neighbor's backyard and crack them under our heel and eat them." Or "Our neighbor had a gum tree and this kookaburra would start laughing at o'dark early." Unless further clarification is needed, I just tell the story...you'd never know it wasn't one place my whole life (until, obviously, you noticed I didn't have an accent).

I've been dealing with the whole "Third Culture Kid" aspect of my life recently so I've given this a lot of thought. And I realize that's why I was drawn to Sam's character. So rarely is anyone *like* me. I tend to be the oddball in the group. Which is why I hang out online so much

Comment

It is! I didn't realize I missed it till I'm squeeing all over it again. (watching it again with roomies and friend now!) Roomie even suggested watching the SGU finale later this week before the new season starts!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                              Totally made it up!

It's actually probably MORE canon that Sam moved very often (I posted this in more detail on the Discussion thread). Her father being a military officer (and I have first hand experience, my dad didn't retire until I was in college), they would have moved almost every three years like clockwork. It's incredibly rare that they stayed in one place, especially given that he wanted to advance his career. There are just only so many places a high ranking officer can go, that's one of the reasons my dad retired as a Lt. Colonel - he didn't want to move again (I think they were talking DC at the time).

Now, I've moved a lot (from birth to 18: Mississippi (Keesler), Germany (Rhein-Main), Australia (Richmond NSW RAAF, don't know the name), South Carolina (Shaw), Nevada (Nellis), Arkansas (Little Rock) - then I went off to college at 17, moved to Florida after graduation, and then to Minnesota in 2005. Between college and now, I've moved apartments about every year and a half.

I've stopped being able to refer to places as "old" "other" or "second" LOL.

When I tell a story, I generally tell it as such (and this is a real story) "When my sister and I were little we used to collect pecans that fell from the tree in our neighbor's backyard and crack them under our heel and eat them." Or "Our neighbor had a gum tree and this kookaburra would start laughing at o'dark early." Unless further clarification is needed, I just tell the story...you'd never know it wasn't one place my whole life (until, obviously, you noticed I didn't have an accent).

I've been dealing with the whole "Third Culture Kid" aspect of my life recently so I've given this a lot of thought. And I realize that's why I was drawn to Sam's character. So rarely is anyone *like* me. I tend to be the oddball in the group. Which is why I hang out online so much
                              Shoot, a lot of times even sooner than that. At the end of my fifth year, I was starting my 4th assignment. Whiteman AFB, Missouri (2 years), Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio (1.5 years), Osan AB, Korea (1 year), McChord AFB, Washington (3 years).

There are some weird career fields that make it possible to have longer assignments, but Jacob's a pilot. He wears pilot wings and no other career field badge so I would assume he spent his career on the typical pilot track-your father's career being a very good representation of that. LOL, in fact, I admire your father. I didn't make it 8 years before I got tired of moving all the time!

Comment

Hi!

JANN!!!!!!!!!

*pounce crash tackle squishy bear huggles*....welcome back....

Comment

Working...
                                X