This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smea
    Oh... and stargate barbie.. we better hope some more people join us soon..

Dont want anyone accusing us of flooding the forum

------------

Whoops nevermind... Hey scjon! I was going to watch that.. but couldnt bring myself to leave the computer.. lol. *blushes*
    I get like that too. I can spend hours in this forum and not realise it. Thought I'd watch Dirty Dancing cos I haven't seen it for years. Think I'll toddle off soon though and watch Divide & Conquer and Window of Opportunity-shipfest!

OT I watched a drama documentary thingy on UKTV History last night. It was called Supervolcano and was about what would happen if a major eruption happened in Yellowstone National Park. I mention it 'cos 3 Stargate actors were in it-Tom McBeath who plays Maybourne, the actor who plays Colonel Chekhov and the actor who played Narim. And part of the action took place in the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. No mention of the SGC though.

Back on topic: Sam & Jack Forever
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

i've only managed to see little bits and pieces of Lost, so i'll probably end up having to buy the DVD's. oh well.

never even heard of house, so can't help you there. finaly bought firefly today, never saw that either. so i'm hoping to watch it this week and see serenity at the weekend.
      supervolcano has been on bbc before, but again i only saw little bits of it.

anyway, back on track here:

whats your favourite ship moment in a non-ship-centred episode?

episodes that i would class as ship centred would be those that have obvious canon ship moments, i.e. not including;
      broca divide
      solitudes
      there but for the grace of god
      into the fire
      POV
      a hundred days
      nemisis
      too many in season 4 to mention but i think we all know them
      virtually NOTHING in season 5
      metamorphosis
      paradise lost
      and so on. i think we all get the picture so i'll shut up.

Comment

Oh, gee! See how tired I was last night? I didn't even think to put the stuff I mentioned from Lockdown in spoiler tags!!!! Duh!!!! My apologies to everyone for that. I guess I didn't think to do it because the parts I mentioned didn't detract from or give away the episode's plot. But they were crucial in making my point.

Anyway, I'm sorry if anyone feels that I may have compromised Lockdown for them.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Oh, gee! See how tired I was last night? I didn't even think to put the stuff I mentioned from Lockdown in spoiler tags!!!! Duh!!!! My apologies to everyone for that. I guess I didn't think to do it because the parts I mentioned didn't detract from or give away the episode's plot. But they were crucial in making my point.

Anyway, I'm sorry if anyone feels that I may have compromised Lockdown for them.
          I told you when you reach a certain age, you get~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            anyway, back on track here:

whats your favourite ship moment in a non-ship-centred episode?

episodes that i would class as ship centred would be those that have obvious canon ship moments, i.e. not including;
            broca divide
            solitudes
            there but for the grace of god
            into the fire
            POV
            a hundred days
            nemisis
            too many in season 4 to mention but i think we all know them
            virtually NOTHING in season 5
            metamorphosis
            paradise lost
            and so on. i think we all get the picture so i'll shut up.
            I like the way they interact with each other in Evolution. The way that they gaze at each other in Sam's lab and the way they act around each otherr and their conversation when Sam returns from the mission.

Does season 7 stuff still need spoiler tags? Think I have made this pretty vague.
            always and forever
            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving (tomorrow) to all Canadians. Just finished the turkey with all the trimmings. Anyways, I have always loved the scene from Metamorphis when Sam puts her head on Jack's shoulder. It just seemed so natural. She was truly scared and turned to him for comfort. The look on Jack's face says it all. A little moment that means so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                I like the way they interact with each other in Evolution. The way that they gaze at each other in Sam's lab and the way they act around each otherr and their conversation when Sam returns from the mission.

Does season 7 stuff still need spoiler tags? Think I have made this pretty vague.
                I'll mention Chimera. That scene in the elevator where he figures out by her humming that she must be seeing someone...he cringes before he speaks. That's shippy to me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  I'll mention Chimera. That scene in the elevator where he figures out by her humming that she must be seeing someone...he cringes before he speaks. That's shippy to me.

In Season 7 is also the scene in DEATH KNELL when Jack and teal'c found Sam and then Jack give her support....
                  Cc_gIrL

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                    Happy Thanksgiving (tomorrow) to all Canadians. Just finished the turkey with all the trimmings. Anyways, I have always loved the scene from Metamorphis when Sam puts her head on Jack's shoulder. It just seemed so natural. She was truly scared and turned to him for comfort. The look on Jack's face says it all. A little moment that means so much.
                    Oh, yes! Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians, our Northern Neighbors.

Being in Buffalo and near the border, I grew up watching the Hamilton Santa Clause Parade, but unfortunately, our cable system stopped carrying the station that airs it. I still miss it intensely to this very day.

Kudos to your citizens, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                      stargate7777, i have some questions to ask you about the canadian thanksgiving, but i can't private message you or email you. would you mind emailing me at [email protected] , so i can email you back with the questions?

sally

ps - anyone notice that you can't private message ppl from their profiles anymore?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CC_girl
                        In Season 7 is also the scene in DEATH KNELL when Jack and teal'c found Sam and then Jack give her support....
                        That was a lovely scene. He looks at her, looks away, and then decides it's all right to put his arm around her. And then the camera pans from above to show them sitting there with Teal'c standing guard, as it were. Some have said why was he still watching the Supersoldier, while others pointed out Teal'c the shipper was giving them some private time. Can't remember if the shippy music was playing.

Comment

Apropos of nothing, but it will use up a post, did you know that the real Cameron Mitchell (the actor) was in the movie Carousel? He played the character "Jigger." Worse than "Camshaft" I think.

My sympathy to the people in the earthquake area.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian Gaters! Hope you have a lovely holiday.
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                              Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian Gaters! Hope you have a lovely holiday.
                              Thanks!! I ate waaaay too much turkey tonight...

{sigh}

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Wow, it has been far too long without a post here! So I'll stop here for a bit while I'm avoiding a consumer behaviour assessment...

So S9 starting here tomorrow.... not too sure if I'm looking forward to it. I mean, I am looking forward to seeing what SG1 TNG is like, but I'm just goona miss Jack so much! He's 50% of my two favourite relationships on the show! And the fairly definite prospect of a shipless season isn't helping matters! Still, wait and see....

Comment

Working...
                                X