• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    It's nice someone is listening!
    sigpic

Comment

Carolina (Lol4Jack) just gave the way she loves Peter Williams on his thread. How do we love Sam and Jack! I love them because they are always there for each other, no matter how dangerous the situation.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
        Hi Sally- maybe I'm over reacting-but on the fourth page of article AT states "BB and her character have a neat comfort level-sometimes even physical comfort level"-in one episode"We just sort of sat down and suddenly my arm was around him, it was really comfortable". What did she mean by that? Just friendly like comfort I hope?
        you know, that part sent some white flags for me too, but for just a moment. the whole context of that part was only to show a good working relationship between her and ben, and that the two of them have found a comfort level that slipped into being able to touch one another as their characters. amanda was NOT hinting at a shippy context between them. but, like i said, it scared me for a wee bit.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Sugarshaker - I packed up all my SG1 DVDs last month...but I think I'll be revisiting seasons 4 and 6 in the near future
          I've actually started re-watching mine from the beginning. I started about 3 weeks ago and have just finished season 3!

Ah the good old days!!

I won't get to see season 9 until the first episodes come out on DVD here early next year. And I can honestly say I'm not as enthusiastic this year as I usually am about seeing new episodes.

Edited 'cos I've just noticed I've reached 100 posts. Well, it's only taken me nearly 7 months!! Obviously not posting enough...Seriously, congratulations to everyone who's reached a posting milestone recently.
          always and forever
          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            you know, that part sent some white flags for me too, but for just a moment. the whole context of that part was only to show a good working relationship between her a ben, and that the two of them have found a comfort level that slipped into being able to touch one another as their characters. amanda was NOT hinting at a shippy context between them. but, like i said, it scared me for a wee bit.

sally
            I thought so, thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
              I don't get it, suddenly 'friendly comfort' from a superior officer is okay? That why Sam and Jack have essentially not touched each other for years?

sam and mitchell are the same rank, which is why they can call each other by their first names (like sam and janet could).

and sam and jack *did* get to touch each other. remember -- spoilers for s7 and s8

Spoiler:
              lost city face touching, death knell hug, heroes 2 hug, threads jacks-arm-around-sams-shoulder-while-she-makes-love-to-his-hand hug.

Oh, and news from Thor at Stargate Project: Apparently they're trying to get RDA back for the 200th episode (if the show's on).
              yeah, i heard about this. if it's true, YAAAAAAY!

and also, if i'm not too late, mgm is going to fix the shortened threads dvd!!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                well cam and sam (eww!) are the same rank-so we aren't really talking superior officer stuff here. but becuz they are allowing that contact chances are that they are just good friends.
                i like that they're making them 'friends'. mitchell's a nice guy, and i'm glad they're not making a 'thing' of the command issue (just the sam fans vrs the mitchell fans are ). and remember, mitchell literally
                Spoiler:
                begged sam to come back in avalon part one. when he can realize the greatness of sam, that makes him a good guy in my book!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

i like that they're making them 'friends'. mitchell's a nice guy, and i'm glad they're not making a 'thing' of the command issue (just the sam fans vrs the mitchell fans are ). and remember, mitchell literally
                  Spoiler:
                  begged sam to come back in avalon part one. when he can realize the greatness of sam, that makes him a good guy in my book!

sally
                  me 2-somebody who appreciates her contributions
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    It's nice someone is listening!
                    yes, it is!

and it was the 'fans' the spoke, not just the shippers (which i fear would have made them laugh more than quake in their boots ). it was a HUGE and diverse amount of fans that were squawking.

thanks mgm!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

amanda did a new interview, and it's NOT painful for shippers!

okay, it's not s/j shippy, but at least there wasn't any pro sam/pete stuff or devaluing sam/jack in favor of promoting sam/pete.

and there was a pic of alt sam and jack from moebius, with the caption -
                      'tapping, with the much-missed richard dean anderson'.

and once again, amanda mentioned missing rda. it's always her that says nice things about rick!

here's the link for where to find the interview. it's from another thread on the forum.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=435

it really was nice to not go away from an interview depressed...

sally
                      Amen! Thank you, Sally!

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                        ((((((((shippers))))))))

Last Friday was the first Friday night in a couple of years when I've been home that I did not watch the repeat of SG-1 and Atlantis. Even when I wasn't all that crazy about an episode I'd still watch the repeat (maybe half-heartedly while doing other things), but last week I didn't have the TV on at all. Same for tonight - I'll be enjoying a book instead.

When they repeat Ex Deus Machina, maybe I'll try to catch the "not exactly" scene, but after that I'll probably turn it off. It doesn't seem like it was all that long ago that it was unthinkable that I wouldn't watch it if I was home. I miss feeling that anticipation of, "Yay! It's Friday and SG will be on."

Two years ago I put away my seasons 1 - 4 DVD's so that one day I could go back and watch them again and they'd be fresh and (almost) new again. I figured that was enough time for me to forget most of the details. I think the time to get them out again is just about here!
                        I think you've summed up what so many of us are feeling, sugarshaker! My family is still saying, "Oh....it's Friday and you're willing to go out to dinner?" Like you, I will watch EDM when it repeats. I may also watch Beachhead and the other eps with Sam when they repeat (except Babylon). But I just couldn't sit through those first few eps again for ANYTHING! Just the thought of it makes me shudder! Not only did it not feel like SG-1, but I hated that RDA wasn't used well in his two eps!

Ick! Just thinking about those first few eps just makes me mad!

Comment

sam and mitchell are the same rank, which is why they can call each other by their first names (like sam and janet could).
                          Yes, but Sam shouldn't have the same kind of professional relationship with Mitchell that she had with Janet. The circumstances are different.

and sam and jack *did* get to touch each other. remember -- spoilers for s7 and s8

Spoiler:
                          lost city face touching, death knell hug, heroes 2 hug, threads jacks-arm-around-sams-shoulder-while-she-makes-love-to-his-hand hug.
                          I realize there were exceptions, hence my qualifier "essentially". The examples you point to, though, are different in at least three respects:
                          -they were the result of extreme situations, not casual occurances
                          -they were generally private
                          -they were restrained expressions of deep-seated emotion, not whims taken lightly

Oh, and you forgot one : S8
                          Spoiler:
                          New Order

I guess I just find it inappropriate. Frankly, the whole situation is, well, hinky.

Comment

Oh, and news from Thor at Stargate Project: Apparently they're trying to get RDA back for the 200th episode (if the show's on). I almost wish he'd tell them to go to hell, but I know he's too nice to do that.
                            Originally posted by scjon
                            I think the 200th episode is fairly early in a season 10-if that happens-so RDA may be persuaded for just that one episode. Maybe then we'll get our resolution. Ok, serious optimist here.
                            All it takes is one scene, PTB.....

Although, I have to say that I wouldn't blame him if he told them to go to hell either.
                            Forgive me if someone has already posted this, but I added it up, and the 200th episode will be S10, episode 7.

Comment

spoilers for s7 and s8

I realize there were exceptions, hence my qualifier "essentially". The examples you point to, though, are different in at least three respects:
                              -they were the result of extreme situations, not casual occurances
                              -they were generally private
                              -they were restrained expressions of deep-seated emotion, not whims taken lightly

Oh, and you forgot one : S8
                              Spoiler:
                              New Order

I guess I just find it inappropriate. Frankly, the whole situation is, well, hinky.
                              there is one thing to consider, parsifal - sam and mitchell are 'friends', same as sam is with teal'c and daniel. there isn't UST (unresolved sexual tension) running between sam and mitchell, so any kind of affection isn't an uncomfortable impulse to make more of it.... like it was with sam and jack. like it's 'always' been between sam and jack.

i'm glad they've established that they're friends, because it helps to alleviate and possible sam-mitchell ship ideas. sam knows mitchell. she knew him when
                              Spoiler:
                              she met pete. she knew him when she dropped pete for jack. she knew him when she went 'fishing' with jack.
                              sam and mitchell are just friends.

(if the ptb make them out to be 'more' in the future, i'll kill myself and cut up the body and send them body parts each week... don't you think i'm talented to be able to do that 'after' my death? )

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

there is one thing to consider, parsifal - sam and mitchell are 'friends', same as sam is with teal'c and daniel. there isn't UST (unresolved sexual tension) running between sam and mitchell, so any kind of affection isn't an uncomfortable impulse to make more of it.... like it was with sam and jack. like it's 'always' been between sam and jack.
                                I agree that the UST was a part of it, but there was also the issue of propriety. The appearance of propriety should still be a concern.

i'm glad they've established that they're friends, because it helps to alleviate and possible sam-mitchell ship ideas. sam knows mitchell. she knew him when
                                Spoiler:
                                she met pete. she knew him when she dropped pete for jack. she knew him when she went 'fishing' with jack.
                                sam and mitchell are just friends.
                                If the producers tried to do that, I don't think Amanda would go along with it. I still think it's a cheap ploy to have Cam as this friend who was never mentioned before.

Comment

Working...
                                X