Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, everyone. i'm looking for more caps (i only have one) of this below pic. i can't remember what special it's from, but i'd like more caps of this cute amanda-rick encounter. anyone know where i can find more?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      hey, everyone. i'm looking for more caps (i only have one) of this below pic. i can't remember what special it's from, but i'd like more caps of this cute amanda-rick encounter. anyone know where i can find more?

sally
      Hmm...I don't recognize that one. Then again on most specials / DVD specials Rick is always goofing off with Amanda.

Comment

sally
        Great cap!!! Nope, I don't know the special.
        sigpic

Comment

Night ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            yet another case of TPTB breaking USAF regulations, when they wouldn't allow *our* breaking of regs. It's a crock, I tell you!
            But my dear Buc252, that would be common sense.

And since when has TPTB cared about common sense?

(Or the fans' opinions, for that matter?)
            - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
            Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              You know, when I hear producers say that, I wonder if they've forgotten the success of some of the shows we discussed here a few days ago, like Hart to Hart and McMillan & Wife. They were hugely popular and could be funny and sexy.....and they featured committed couples.

What I think we're really saying is, "We don't understand how people in committed relationships can be funny, sexy or exciting, so we don't know how to write it that way."
              yep!

look how much easier it is to write UST than an actual relationship. with UST, all you basically have to do is looks and suggestions, but with a relay, you have to *show* them together.

that's easy.

show them a lot. and keep the couple interesting. and keep the fans interested.

and that scares the writers. a lot.

so take the easy and convenient way out - play it out until the end.

and all they had to do is not highlight the relay every ep. you then miss it. and when it's shown, it's appreciated more. why is that so hard for the writers to do?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I agree . . . but when exactly *did* she let him know that his feelings were returned? We never saw her side of the D&C scene, and while there were opportunities where, with our shippy rose-colored glasses firmly in place, we were *sure* she was going to say something to him, she never actually did.

Somebody mentioned the "I know" earlier. The fact of the matter is, she could have responded with, "I know you know, but I wanted to say it out loud. I love you." She didn't. She fell silent, and never tried again.

Unless he put a gag on her, he couldn't keep her from saying the words if she was truly determined. Especially at that point, when he was no longer her CO.
                She had to tell the truth in D&C or she would never have been cleared of being a Zatarc. Though when you think about it, what would she say when being tested? I suppose it would be something about telling Jack to go because she cared about him and didn't wan't him to be killed trying to save her.

Comment

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5691/ooops0iz.jpg

sally
                  It's from the UK version of one of the S8 Lowdowns, I think--it substituted for some of Pierre Bernard's participation, since they don't get Letterman there, as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                    She had to tell the truth in D&C or she would never have been cleared of being a Zatarc. Though when you think about it, what would she say when being tested? I suppose it would be something about telling Jack to go because she cared about him and didn't wan't him to be killed trying to save her.
                    I was quite surprised that in D & C, they just showed Jack's re-test. I half thought that they may cut between Jack and Sam's retest, like they did between thew whole team's in the original test.

Perhaps they wanted to give Jack's 'I care about her...A lot more than I'm supposed to' the maximum impact possible and they thought that it might lose something if they included Sam's re-test.

Still, who knows?
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

I agree . . . but when exactly *did* she let him know that his feelings were returned? We never saw her side of the D&C scene, and while there were opportunities where, with our shippy rose-colored glasses firmly in place, we were *sure* she was going to say something to him, she never actually did.
                      I've been wondering that for a while. I've come to the conclusion that something must have been said or communicated somehow prior to D & C. In that episode he says "oh that", when Sam talks about the things they can't admit to given their military ranks.

The first time I saw it, I thought I must have missed something, but I'm now assuming that either they discussed it off-screen between Nemesis & Small Victories (there is definitely a more relaxed feel to their (working) relationship at the beginning of Small Victories). If this was the case, the off-screen nature of such a discussion would be really frustrating for us shippers.

or

They simultaneously realised that their feelings for each other were mutual when they were stuck on either side of the forcefield in Upgrades/D & C

or

I'm on the wrong track completely in both cases.

Obviously, I've spent way too much time thinking about this
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Sally....uh.....this is oh so funny.....but also kinda pathetic!!!! Ya think?
                        yes. it is. and i'm not sure if *that's* funny or not.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          Well, I am with Rosemary. They should have left the Jack/Jacob scene in Threads.
                          ....and, they should have left the kiss scene in The Lost City pt 2 !!! All we got was, "I know."

Poz

Comment

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5691/ooops0iz.jpg

sally
                            Don't know where to find them, but I would certainly love to see more like this!

WRT when S&J realized they had feelings for one another, I think it hit them like a ton of bricks in Upgrades (scenes shown in D&C), standing on opposite sides of the force field. Jack realizes he can't leave her. Sam begs him to leave, and realizes he can't. Then they just stare longingly into each others' eyes, and I think their expressions say more than words ever could.

PRIOR to Upgrades/D&C, I think they were both well aware of the "feelings" floating around between them, but the situation in Upgrades/D&C made it all too clear those feelings were real...and mutual.

JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              Owie. Lucky - not so much. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but RDA - back then - not such a great guy to be dating. And what he did to Teri, yeah... not such a nice thing to have to go through as well. He's changed a lot since those days. Which is a very good thing. Because now-a-days we can all love him again.
                              okay, what did he do to her! enquiring minds want to know.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's moebius'

Spoiler:
                                i think i would have responded better to that moebius kiss if it had had *real* passion. these two ppl barely knew one another. for a first kiss was pretty nice. but at this point in time, the shippers for the 'original' sam and jack were chomping at the bit for a REAL kiss between them, ala Grace.

moebius ship between the alt sam and jack was sweet. very sweet. but for a last ep of this original team, and a supposed last chance for s/j ship while rick was still on the show... it was a letdown.

i take moebius for what it is. nothing more, nothing less. i actually do appreciate it and love it... but i'll always be waiting for a real kiss, a real relationship between the *real* sam and jack.

and gawd, i hope this isn't stretched out as long as it took for troi and riker to *finally* get together. sooo too little, sooo too late. please, ptb, *please* don't belittle the s/j relay like that. troi/riker was a shadow of what it could have been.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X