No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how relavant this is going to be. But the S/J ship is completly moronic horse manure when taken to the sappy overworked lengths we see in D&C, TLC and Heros Pt. II Instead of pusihng the ship to the front yelling: "OH LOOK THERE'S FEELINGS. LOOOOOOKKKKKK THEY CARE!!!" The only time i like the ship is in "Full circle" and "Birthright" and to a lesser extend "Heors part I"
    The nudge-nudge, wink-wink lets have laugh style of ship. You know its not serious but you like seeing Sam squirm about it.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by SallyK

On the other hand, I can't help seeing a difference between her overt actions and Jack's. I haven't seen anything from him that I can't convert (with my non-ship viewing glasses) into protecting the feelings and career of a friend. Therefore I can refuse to see changes of character, and still see the "real" Jack, the caring commanding officer, Daniel's friend and the guy with a strange sense of humour.

SallyK

I still like Jack a lot more than Sam, since he was one of my favourite characters.
      I never liked Sam a lot, and I can name very few Sam centric episodes that I can watch again, and that's the reason why for me it's more painful to see the descent of Jack than the one of Sam.
      I'm sorry but I can't see the caring commanding officer in Jack anymore, surely not the Jack as Daniel's friend.
      How can anyone watch that horrible scene in Lost City 2, the one on the ship, where Daniel tries to tell Jack that everything will be ok, and not be shocked?
      Who is that Jack that watches Daniel with a cold expression and can't even formulate a word, but then he springs to life again when Sam enters the room, because when Daniel is talking with Jack Sam must always enter the room.
      That's not a caring person and not a good commanding officer.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyK
        Therefore I can refuse to see changes of character, and still see the "real" Jack, the caring commanding officer, Daniel's friend and the guy with a strange sense of humour.
        SallyK
        So, are you saying you actually see Jack this way, or are you just choosing to see the old Jack and, as you say, refuse to see the changes. Which, would seem to say you think there are changes, since you wouldn't need to refuse to see them if there weren't. (Sorry for the convoluted last sentence).

If the second is true, I'm afraid I can't do it. I need to see Jack being who he was. In the present time. Or, I believe that man is dead and gone and replaced with a pod person. Much like Sam.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

It seems that even if there are a lot of fans that complained about the overdose of ship and what the JS exclusive scenes did to the show, TPTB simply don't care and things are getting worst.
          From the new spoilers I can't even tell the difference between Stargate and Atlantis, Daniel is not even in the show anymore, and it's all about kissing and boring NID men in love with Carter.

Comment

I just thought of something. I was watching the episode where the AU Sam comes through the Quantum Mirror. Now, all those AU universes have had death and distruction. And, I always focused on the fact that Daniel hadn't joined the Stargate programs in those (which I do think had an effect). But, what about another angle. In all those worlds, Sam and Jack were together. So, based on evidence, Sam and Jack together destroys the world
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Jack is fine just being on his own i dont want anything to happen between them

There's already 2 l's in onei'll no room for another

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                So, based on evidence, Sam and Jack together destroys the world
                That's an interesting thought, one thing is for sure together they destroyed the show.

Comment

Originally posted by darklilac
                  That's an interesting thought, one thing is for sure together they destroyed the show.
                  I don't know whether to laugh or cry. All I know is that is a completely accurate statement.

Comment

Maybe someone could arrange for Carter to have an accident...
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                      Maybe someone could arrange for Carter to have an accident...
                      Hey, now! If anyone's going to have an "accident" it isn't gonna be Sam. Luke's been plotting again...

Comment

Oh... Who's Luke?
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Oh... Who's Luke?
                          He's the Food Server from the ep 48 Hours. The one who tried to serve McKay lemon chicken.

He's responsible for a lot more than people realize and he's sort of a deranged Don Quixote to Carter's Dulcinea.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            He's responsible for a lot more than people realize and he's sort of a deranged Don Quixote to Carter's Dulcinea.
                            Ah... Right. Gotcha. Quixote... That's the windmill guy, ain't it? Can't seem to picture a deranged Quixote. Seems like a perfectly normal guy to me. Anyhow I guess I should let this go back on topic.

Comment

Ah... Right. Gotcha. Quixote... That's the windmill guy, ain't it? Can't seem to picture a deranged Quixote. Seems like a perfectly normal guy to me. Anyhow I guess I should let this go back on topic.
                              Luke's on topic. He's probably even more violently anti-S/J ship than the rest of us combined. And anti-any-other-pairing-with-Sam-that-doesn't-include-himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Hey, someone had to start it. May as well be me.

OK, as before, this thread if for folks who don't like Sam/Jack ship. It isn't open for discussion. No coming here to rant and rave about how Sam and Jack were Made For Each Other. No saying we're blind for not "seeing" ship. Try to keep it polite. Try not to bash people or opinions, but also try and have fun.
                                I haven't read all the posts but it just struck me that the title of this thread isn't anti S/J ship it's anti S/J shipper which is a totally different thing!

erika

Comment

Working...
                                X