Daniel/Vala Unending question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel/Vala Unending question

I saw Unending last night and after went online to read again the reasoning of why Michael and Claudia acted out the 'fight' scene they way they did. I knew I read an interview/question and Michael telling how he didn't like the original way it was written and how they came up with what they ended up showing.

But something else popped up that sparked an interest I really hadn't thought much of before. It pertains to the montage scene where it shows Vala crying and Daniel holding her. Before I just took it as that, she's crying and Daniel's comforting her. But I came across a transcript of a convention last year where someone asks about why she was crying. The audience member says there has been much speculation about the reason Vala was crying and asks Michael what he thought. Michael answers that Rob, (this is the writer, right?), had an idea and starts to say but then stops and says it's better for the audience to come up with their own conclusions, and just says that being on the ship for so many years, it could be a number of things.

So that sparked my wondering what the audience member said about much specualtion. I only heard of the fight scene being questioned and explained a lot, but not the crying scene. So can anyone fill me in on what all the speculations may have been as to why Vala was crying, and if anyone has heard or read in any interviews/other conventions anything more on this, like what the idea Rob had about the scene.

It's a pretty powerful scene with Vala crying. I love Daniel and Vala and would like to hear any details giving them more story, although I know technically their time on the ship never happened. Thanks to everyone who can fill me in with their ideas and info. I spent so much time online the other day that if I continue to search on my own for this, my brain will turn to mush. I figured here is the place to find this out, thanks.

Originally posted by comegatewithme View Post
    I saw Unending last night and after went online to read again the reasoning of why Michael and Claudia acted out the 'fight' scene they way they did. I knew I read an interview/question and Michael telling how he didn't like the original way it was written and how they came up with what they ended up showing.

But something else popped up that sparked an interest I really hadn't thought much of before. It pertains to the montage scene where it shows Vala crying and Daniel holding her. Before I just took it as that, she's crying and Daniel's comforting her. But I came across a transcript of a convention last year where someone asks about why she was crying. The audience member says there has been much speculation about the reason Vala was crying and asks Michael what he thought. Michael answers that Rob, (this is the writer, right?), had an idea and starts to say but then stops and says it's better for the audience to come up with their own conclusions, and just says that being on the ship for so many years, it could be a number of things.

So that sparked my wondering what the audience member said about much specualtion. I only heard of the fight scene being questioned and explained a lot, but not the crying scene. So can anyone fill me in on what all the speculations may have been as to why Vala was crying, and if anyone has heard or read in any interviews/other conventions anything more on this, like what the idea Rob had about the scene.

It's a pretty powerful scene with Vala crying. I love Daniel and Vala and would like to hear any details giving them more story, although I know technically their time on the ship never happened. Thanks to everyone who can fill me in with their ideas and info. I spent so much time online the other day that if I continue to search on my own for this, my brain will turn to mush. I figured here is the place to find this out, thanks.
    It was my understanding that Rob said(but I don't remember where or when or in what circumstances he made this comment) that his concept was to imply a miscarriage.
    If you're wanting to get into DV in more depth than why not drop into the 'appreciation thread(affectionately known to the posters there as 'the Oven'). We're always MORE than happy to talk DV...ad infinitum if you're willing to listen to us,lol
    LC
    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Working...
    X