• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld Togetherness

The Good, The Bad, and The Tok'ra
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Nice pictures - and funny captions, Arctic Goddess!

Here are more Tok'ra and Goa'uld

sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Bastet, Hathor and a ring of jell-o

I'd thunk that

Comment

I wouldn't thunk it - but it would be very fun to watch
          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
            Nice pictures - and funny captions, Arctic Goddess!

Here are more Tok'ra and Goa'uld

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...entions/11.jpg
            I really hope Lantash is undercover as Apophis' underling in that picture...

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
              I really hope Lantash is undercover as Apophis' underling in that picture...
              I'm sure he is
              sigpic
              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

anyone know what the business with nishta is? We saw it twice I think? Hathor had something like it, and so did Seth. We were told they couldn't be affected by it twice - but Jack and Daniel had gotten it before they did in the Seth episode (by Hathor).

Also - Sam wasn't affected when Hathor used it, but the stuff from Seth affected her. Was it different stuff? Do they produce it in a lab? Is it something a Goa'uld can make in the body? A queen Goa'uld perhaps?

Comment

It is true that the two things look much the same, but (to my knowledge) it is never called nishta in 'Hathor'. It may be a related compound, though.

In 'Hathor', Janet says something about it being a chemical they don't know (very helpful!) - pheromones with sodium pentothal (sp?). Doesn't sound as if it is something Hathor herself makes - more like it is something she brought with her and then she walk around with a small device filled with it in her mouth. We know the Goa'uld (and the Jaffa, according to Teal'c) are immune to it. It stops working after a while, unless they are continually redosed with it. After Hathor left they were no longer affected. No indication they can only be affected once - and they were affected by it repeatedly.

I guess it could be something a Goa'uld can make naturally? If they can cure cancer like it's nothing, then they must have extensive control of the cells and what they do. We never heard about it later, though, so maybe only the queens can do it? After all, they can control the DNA and the memory of their offspring.

In 'Seth' it is called nishta and released from devices beside Seth's throne. Selmak says it is a smart virus and that you can only catch it once, unless it is allowed to mutate in your body. I guess that actually means the Goa'uld could then make a new version which could affect you again, but that is beside the point of this discussion. It is not something Seth himself produces in his body - but that may be because he is not a queen.

It does not appear to be the same that was used in the two episodes. Maybe it is variations of the same virus? Maybe what Hathor had was an older version - then again, while she had slept for millennia, Seth had also been out of the loop for millennia, so I guess they were on equal footing there. Best guess is that it is two different things, achieving some of the same goals.
                  sigpic

Comment

It is true that the two things look much the same, but (to my knowledge) it is never called nishta in 'Hathor'. It may be a related compound, though.

In 'Hathor', Janet says something about it being a chemical they don't know (very helpful!) - pheromones with sodium pentothal (sp?). Doesn't sound as if it is something Hathor herself makes - more like it is something she brought with her and then she walk around with a small device filled with it in her mouth. We know the Goa'uld (and the Jaffa, according to Teal'c) are immune to it. It stops working after a while, unless they are continually redosed with it. After Hathor left they were no longer affected. No indication they can only be affected once - and they were affected by it repeatedly.

I guess it could be something a Goa'uld can make naturally? If they can cure cancer like it's nothing, then they must have extensive control of the cells and what they do. We never heard about it later, though, so maybe only the queens can do it? After all, they can control the DNA and the memory of their offspring.

In 'Seth' it is called nishta and released from devices beside Seth's throne. Selmak says it is a smart virus and that you can only catch it once, unless it is allowed to mutate in your body. I guess that actually means the Goa'uld could then make a new version which could affect you again, but that is beside the point of this discussion. It is not something Seth himself produces in his body - but that may be because he is not a queen.

It does not appear to be the same that was used in the two episodes. Maybe it is variations of the same virus? Maybe what Hathor had was an older version - then again, while she had slept for millennia, Seth had also been out of the loop for millennia, so I guess they were on equal footing there. Best guess is that it is two different things, achieving some of the same goals.

Wonderful detailed information. Thanks for that. It's a pity it wasn't explored more thoroughly.

Comment

Janet says something about it being a chemical they don't know (very helpful!) - pheromones with sodium pentothal (sp?). Doesn't sound as if it is something Hathor herself makes - more like it is something she brought with her and then she walk around with a small device filled with it in her mouth.
                      In Farscape, there was a character who had a gland implanted to release an oil that had vaguely similar qualities—could Hathor have done something similar in her mouth? It's not a concept that shows up in Stargate often, but then, Hathor is one of the older Goa'uld and who knows how their society and practices were back then.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                        In Farscape, there was a character who had a gland implanted to release an oil that had vaguely similar qualities—could Hathor have done something similar in her mouth? It's not a concept that shows up in Stargate often, but then, Hathor is one of the older Goa'uld and who knows how their society and practices were back then.
                        I don't remember that episode of Farscape, but it makes sense that Hathor would do something like that - perhaps Nirrti did things like that on the side, for the other Goa'uld, while working to get a 'super-human' host?
                        sigpic
                        [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

That would explain why they tolerate her (Nirrti) - because she apparently has a reputation of being untrustworthy, even to a point were Teal'c knew about it (she had blown up meeting with other Goa'uld before, in the same way she tried with Cassandra - and then she tried killing Cronos wearing an invisibility cloak)

Comment

Picspam for Amaterasu:

Comment

...and very hot Camulus....

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                                ...and very hot Camulus....
                                So true...have to do him sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X