Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
    Hmm. Bet he's still just done something he shouldn't have. Starting young and all
    Um. Sort of. This is what the character was watching just a moment before.

I'm liking how they look so happy in the dream sequence still. Because we all know, without even having to read the film synopsis, that it could only have ended badly. Maybe in the worse possible way

Finishing the sound mix next week, apparently. Although if its taken ten years for them to get this far, you never know...
    At least with a couple of sites keeping track of it hopefully we won't have to wonder where it is. *cough*NiceGuys*cough*

Love the expressions in this one. Yes Sam, Jonas is what we like to call an, er, 'individual'
    "Hi Sam, welcome to Jonas' world."

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
      Um. Sort of. This is what the character was watching just a moment before....
      So *not* surprised...

At least with a couple of sites keeping track of it hopefully we won't have to wonder where it is. *cough*NiceGuys*cough*
      One positive that comes from it being, amongst many many other genres, kinda scifi, is that you get a bit of site and forum exposure. Philip K. Dick via the slacker movie should be interesting. Considering that CN is quite good at playing slackers (Killer Bud) and one of his favourite films is Blade Runner (fine taste that man has) I think that he'd be OK with that description

"Hi Sam, welcome to Jonas' world."
      Its odd, eccentric and sometimes downright strange, but it is also very pretty. Dive right on in Sam, you know you want to...
      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

So *not* surprised...
        It was a tiny bit naughty for an 80s mainstream show.
        Interesting, but not as good as PLCL though.
        One positive that comes from it being, amongst many many other genres, kinda scifi, is that you get a bit of site and forum exposure. Philip K. Dick via the slacker movie should be interesting. Considering that CN is quite good at playing slackers (Killer Bud) and one of his favourite films is Blade Runner (fine taste that man has) I think that he'd be OK with that description
        Geeks of the world unite.
        On the internet.
        Yay!

Comment

It was a tiny bit naughty for an 80s mainstream show.
          Interesting, but not as good as PLCL though.

Geeks of the world unite.
          On the internet.
          Yay!
          Hear, hear!

Of course it can't be as good as PLCL. Purely on the basis that I'm sure it didn't feature a predatory sadist female principal; a giant teen footballer who could be bribed with whole fish; a coat full of gadgets; Special Obedience Helpers and...The Shirts.
          sigpic

Comment

Hear, hear!

Of course it can't be as good as PLCL. Purely on the basis that I'm sure it didn't feature a predatory sadist female principal; a giant teen footballer who could be bribed with whole fish; a coat full of gadgets; Special Obedience Helpers and...The Shirts.
            It would have been better for being a lot tighter. I think a thirty minute runtime would have done wonders. Still, I can see why people found it so memorable, it was different.
            Until PLCL came along.

What does it say about CN that people came up with these experimental ideas and thought; "Hey, let's get the kid who did that Steven Stayner movie."
            What? How? Where's the link?

Comment

Must be something in the DNA.

Comment

It would have been better for being a lot tighter. I think a thirty minute runtime would have done wonders. Still, I can see why people found it so memorable, it was different.
                Until PLCL came along.

What does it say about CN that people came up with these experimental ideas and thought; "Hey, let's get the kid who did that Steven Stayner movie."
                What? How? Where's the link?
                He did have sitcom experience, didn't he? Admittedly something he really didn't like and is never going to repeat, but he seemed to start out in family stuff, then moved to more mature stuff, and then the exposure he got from Steven, combined with his previous evidenced ability to do comedy might have led to Alan, which of course resulted in PLCL. Its a strange route, all things considered That's if I've got my chronology right...
                sigpic

Comment

He did have sitcom experience, didn't he? Admittedly something he really didn't like and is never going to repeat, but he seemed to start out in family stuff, then moved to more mature stuff, and then the exposure he got from Steven, combined with his previous evidenced ability to do comedy might have led to Alan, which of course resulted in PLCL. Its a strange route, all things considered That's if I've got my chronology right...
                  Yeah, with Webster. Although for some reason I'm not getting the impression he made a huge impact on it. 'Course that's obviously wrong if two comedy shows were then written with him in mind.

I think Alan and Steven were shot one after the other. He's mentioned receiving news about one whilst shooting/just finished shooting the other. Or was it Steven and PLCL?
                  Alan and PLCL?
                  *confuzzled*

Comment

Couldn't resist
                    God that man's got lovely elbows....

Actually, the other night on YIM chat, Buc and I got everyone discussing the merits of Jonas' elbows... it was a great hour of my life! Eh Buc?

So *not* surprised...

Its odd, eccentric and sometimes downright strange, but it is also very pretty. Dive right on in Sam, you know you want to...
                    That <insert derogatory female slang word here> get's to do all the fun stuff... I bet she thanks god every night for her job... and if she doesn't, she should....

oooOOOooo Cowboy hat!! *Sunny is further distracted*
                    Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Pretty-Smile time before I go to bed!

Be happy, I came on GW just to come into this thread to post some pretties! Not going to post anymore tonight though, I'm getting into my Redemption pics, and Res just posted them.. so I'll wait till tomorrow LOL
                      Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Yeah, with Webster. Although for some reason I'm not getting the impression he made a huge impact on it. 'Course that's obviously wrong if two comedy shows were then written with him in mind.

I think Alan and Steven were shot one after the other. He's mentioned receiving news about one whilst shooting/just finished shooting the other. Or was it Steven and PLCL?
                        Alan and PLCL?
                        *confuzzled*
                        Aw I'm pretty certain that the PLCL guys had seen him in Alan, because I think he's mentioned it in an interview and also it makes a lot of sense, because it showed that he could do wacky comedy and that was what they were looking for, obviously- so that's one of those options down at least...

I'll try and look it up for you, 'kay?

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
                        God that man's got lovely elbows....

Actually, the other night on YIM chat, Buc and I got everyone discussing the merits of Jonas' elbows... it was a great hour of my life! Eh Buc?
                        Oh dear...
                        sigpic

Comment

Here we are, smurf:

"I did this TV special with Eddie Murphy called What’s Alan Watching?. It was shot as a pilot but ended up airing as a TV special. That was the first thing besides Tucker that I was really blown away by, as it was really well written. During the filming I got the miniseries I Know My First Name is Steven, which got me an Emmy nomination when I was sixteen. I got Parker Lewis Can’t Lose because of What’s Alan Watching?. I turned it down at first because I was in the sci-fi film Solar Crisis, which everyone thought was going to be a big success. It ended up tanking and Parker Lewis Can’t Lose ended up being the best choice for me anyway."
                          sigpic

Comment

Aw I'm pretty certain that the PLCL guys had seen him in Alan, because I think he's mentioned it in an interview and also it makes a lot of sense, because it showed that he could do wacky comedy and that was what they were looking for, obviously- so that's one of those options down at least...

I'll try and look it up for you, 'kay?
                            Here we are, smurf:
                            Merci Beaucoup.
                            So Alan, Steven, Parker. *tries to remember* Hee, all in a row sounds like a moment from PLCL

Comment

Kinda OT:
                              Found this icon which made me laugh - slightly Quality Time related:

from this post by big_bad_wolf

ETA: Oops, forgot to mention that some icons on that community are not for the young, or the faint of heart.
                              Last edited by smurf; 02 March 2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Kinda OT:
                                Found this icon which made me laugh - slightly Quality Time related:

by big_bad_wolf

Ever so slightly related, eh?

Although if you disregard the third sign, it could be a fairly effective way of categorising Jonas fanfiction...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X