• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi BeckettRulez, didn't spot you there.

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
    Foreign Correspondents stuff:

Spoiler:
    The accent's still a little off, but thank the gods that he knew better in terms of realism to do that rather than an "awf'lly" because that's enough to totally get my nut Though I did like the random Brit slang- 'conked out' and his friend's utterances of a certain word that I'm particularly miffed that Corin didn't say Neither story really drew me in, but the performances were good and the latter part was stronger because of CN and the actress playing Mira because there was a sense of bittersweetness was was quite realistic in a way- because the situation turned out the way it would under those circumstances- no sweeping romance, just nothing and emptiness and static for the Trevor character afterwards. A nice performance from him and I happen to be of the opinion that he looked rather nice in it, biased though I am
    I'm glad he didn't go for either the 3 weddings toff, or the Dick Van Dyke.
    I think the film(s) suffer from a lack of depth. I didn't feel the connection between them, and they would both (CN's one especially) have been better if they were expanded a bit.

It's the hair isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
      Hi BeckettRulez, didn't spot you there.

I'm glad he didn't go for either the 3 weddings toff, or the Dick Van Dyke.
      I think the film(s) suffer from a lack of depth. I didn't feel the connection between them, and they would both (CN's one especially) have been better if they were expanded a bit.

It's the hair isn't it?
      I know what you mean. It didn't really draw you in as well as it should and I'm still not entirely sure whether the two part method was the best way of telling those stories in this case.

I meant that I think he looks handsome in most things. And yes, I do quite like the hair, shameful though it might be to admit it. I'm willing to volunteer for position of 'offical leaning-in-and-pushing-hair-out-of-the-eyes' person

Yep, I'm weird for liking it
      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Back to Jonas.
        sigpic

Comment

I found the most engaging character was his friend.

So what did you think of
          ?

Comment

Hey again!

I know......twice in the same day. What can I say? I wanted to see Jonas.

Thanks for letting me know about your pic host, smurf. I thought it was my computer giving me the Red X's of Doom. Now I can see some of your pics but not all of them. LOL

Next up on Netflix for me is SG-1 S-7 disc 4.....which is the last of Jonas. I think it's "Fallout". *sniffs* I liked S-6 so much I'm considering buying it. "Prophecy" whenever I want it......et al. I put S-10 on the queue too....when it comes out on July 24 I'll just move the discs up on the queue.

I've also got "Raging Sharks" and "Foreign Correspondents" moving up on the list too.

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

I found the most engaging character was his friend.

So what did you think of
              ?
              It was the lingo and the drunkenness, wasn't it? And as its sadly a part of my often daily vocabulary, the constant use of 's**g'

I haven't got round to seeing it yet. Yes, I know I said today, but there has been a work/lack of sleep/watching for the team discussion thread going on. Shall be watched tomorrow, methinks and then followed by Doomtrooper daftness. I mean, who calls a movie that, especially when it originally had quite a good title. Just not stupid enough for Skiffy, I guess It'll be good to see him stretch a bit and utilise everything he's learnt over the last twenty years.

Or I can watch it tonight. Ooh, decisions...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                Hey again!

...Next up on Netflix for me is SG-1 S-7 disc 4.....which is the last of Jonas. I think it's "Fallout". *sniffs* I liked S-6 so much I'm considering buying it. "Prophecy" whenever I want it......et al. I put S-10 on the queue too....when it comes out on July 24 I'll just move the discs up on the queue.

I've also got "Raging Sharks" and "Foreign Correspondents" moving up on the list too.

IHS
                Good a reason as any

Yep, 'Fallout'. Like to see what you think of it, as we're a tad divided- although admittedly that's due to issues of taste appearance-wise in many ways
                See mini discussion above for my thoughts on Foreign Correspondents. The other I'm probably not going to watch, because for my money I have to watch something that
                Spoiler:
                involves sharks and aliens, which I think is overkill even for Skiffy originals
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                  Hey again!

Thanks for letting me know about your pic host, smurf. I thought it was my computer giving me the Red X's of Doom. Now I can see some of your pics but not all of them. LOL

Next up on Netflix for me is SG-1 S-7 disc 4.....which is the last of Jonas. I think it's "Fallout". *sniffs* I liked S-6 so much I'm considering buying it. "Prophecy" whenever I want it......et al. I put S-10 on the queue too....when it comes out on July 24 I'll just move the discs up on the queue.

IHS
                  Hey IHS!
                  I tend to swap between my photobucket, and my site depending on which pic it is (or how lazy I'm being). Normally, the first giveaway of my site going down is my rotating sig stops working.
                  I should really extend my finances to the frankly massive two and a bit quid a month to get a proper server, but I think I pay too much for my broadband internet connection as it is, so I'm making use of all the extras.

I bought S6. Well worth the money.

I'd love to know what you think of Raging Sharks. It's... interesting.

Comment

It was the lingo and the drunkenness, wasn't it? And as its sadly a part of my often daily vocabulary, the constant use of 's**g'
                    The lingo, the drunkeness, and the quiet crush on CN's character.
                    I haven't got round to seeing it yet. Yes, I know I said today, but there has been a work/lack of sleep/watching for the team discussion thread going on. Shall be watched tomorrow, methinks and then followed by Doomtrooper daftness. I mean, who calls a movie that, especially when it originally had quite a good title. Just not stupid enough for Skiffy, I guess It'll be good to see him stretch a bit and utilise everything he's learnt over the last twenty years.
                    The title is the only part of it which makes sense.
                    The other I'm probably not going to watch, because for my money I have to watch something that
                    Spoiler:
                    involves sharks and aliens, which I think is overkill even for Skiffy originals
                    It's no Mansquito IMO.
                    Although the wardrobe is nice.

Comment

The lingo, the drunkeness, and the quiet crush on CN's character.

The title is the only part of it which makes sense.

It's no Mansquito IMO.
                      Although the wardrobe is nice.
                      I wondered whether I was reading too much into him being so preoccupied with the whole business with Mira/the gentleman doth protest too much bit. I have a tendency to do this Maybe, maybe not. Hmm.

V-necked fisherman-style sweaters abound from the pics I've seen. Sweaters in general are good- fitted and also plenty of neck on display Are you also counting skin-tight wetsuits in with that?
                      sigpic

Comment

Shameless thunk:

Who would like to be the dryer-off person? *Raises hand and waves frantically*

And its goodnight from me.
                        sigpic

Comment

According to the commentary it was the actor's idea. I think he did it very well, because it was exactly what I noticed about the character without anyone saying anything.

Tight sweater, and tight t shirts. And a general Guy Pearce look.

Goodnight to you.

Comment

Guy Pearce is not a bad look to emulate, in my opinion (has fond memories of 'Memento' with all the shirtlessness)

Haven't watched it with the commentary. Might curl up in bed with lappy and DVD.

And yes, I'm going away now
                            sigpic

Comment

Guy Pearce is not a bad look to emulate, in my opinion (has fond memories of 'Memento' with all the shirtlessness)

Haven't watched it with the commentary. Might curl up in bed with lappy and DVD.

And yes, I'm going away now
                              The commentary isn't that interesting. That nugget of information is pretty much all I can remember from it.

It's still early...

Comment

Not thunking, just for the sheer brilliance of the acting.

Comment

Working...
                                X