Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klenotka
    replied
    Are there any books with Jonas in them? I don´t really read SG1 books (just a few SGA books) but I think I would like to read one if he was in there

Leave a comment:

• John Emmanuel Ramos
    replied
    And Corin's making another movie from the makers of 2011's Sand Sharks, Jurassic Attack. He plays a Colonel Carter and he recently tweeted Amanda Tapping that they share the same role's surname (she is Colonel Samantha Carter, USAF from Stargate SG-1 and he worked with her in Season 6!)

He was busy taping two movies yesterday according to his Twitter feed. And there are calls to Sony and Crackle to make Star-ving's second season.

I truly like Jonas Quinn!

Leave a comment:

• John Emmanuel Ramos
    replied
    I've learned from following Corin's Twitter account that he's making a new movie, Dracano. He's been busy making it.

Leave a comment:

• John Emmanuel Ramos
    replied
    Truly, Jonas Quinn is the best character in SG-1 for me.

And for all things, for cryin' out loud, Corin Nemec now follows me on Twitter, and sometimes replies my tweets to him.

PARKER LEWIS... OH WAIT MAKE THAT.. JONAS QUINN CAN'T LOSE!!!!! (Synchronize Swatches)

Leave a comment:

• Klenotka
    replied
    Yes, I really got a sense of "team" in Season 6, despite Daniel´s absence. Jonas gave it a fresh perspective and also, characters around him had to change because he was different. It was fun to watch. I rewatched SG1 recently and S6 is definitely my most favourite season.

Leave a comment:

• John Emmanuel Ramos
    replied
    Well of all things he told me on Aug.16 that next time he needs my help to protect him from being wrestled by Klingons at conventions and I replied that I'll be ready to help him anytime!

Leave a comment:

• Petra
    replied
    Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    I was never a fan of Carter (typical Mary Sue character) but in S6, she was really good. They had some really nice scenes together.
    Well, I totally disagree about Sam being a Mary Sue (maybe in season 7, a bit, but then everybody else was too) but since this isn't the place to discuss it, I just want to say I agree that season 6 was great for her. I happen to think that character development-wise it was the best season for all SG-1 members, but Jonas really did wonders for Sam.

I was so disappointed they brought Daniel back.
    Me too.

But what annoys me most is the fact they even didn´t bother to mention Jonas again. After "Fallout" they only said his planet was attacked by Ori. I see it as a massive mistake in a writing because I doubt Sam, Jack or Teal´c wouldn´t care about what happened to Jonas. They just never said
    re bolded, especially in light of 'never leave anyone behind' motto. Story-wise, lack of any mention or appearance of Jonas didn'r make any sense. It was just bad writing all around.

But I guess I am in a minority with this opinion
    You may be in minority, but you aren't alone

Originally posted by 11krage View Post
    I really hope he comes back. I always thought that the issue with his genetics was that he was closer genetically to the ancients (as the dna changing thing was made to make people closer to being an ancient so they could accend - so if Nirti thought she could do more with Jonas then it makes sense to think that he was already further there than the average human so she could use him as a short cut of sorts).

So bearing that in mind he'd definately have the ancient gene and would likely be even better with activating ancient technology than sheppard - which teamed with his awe filled curiousity in everything new would have been great to watch
    If memory serves, the whole ancient-gene storyline was created specifically for Jonas. 'Frozen' and 'Metamorphosis' were supposed to serve as its introduction...but then MS came back, Corin left and Jonas' storyline was given to Jack. Not that I don't like ancient!Jack, but still...

Originally posted by John Emmanuel Ramos View Post
    Corin replied to me on Twitter this morning!!!!
    That's cool! Can I ask what the exchange was about?

Leave a comment:

• John Emmanuel Ramos
    replied
    Corin replied to me on Twitter this morning!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SamanthaJenniferChloe
    replied
    Hello!

I am looking for a very large version of one of these images of Jonas Quinn. I would want it to be if possible at least 1024x768 or 1600x1200 or larger.

161259_100001944499541_707714_n.jpgJonas_Quinn2.jpg

I would also like an official MGM wallpaper of Jonas to be 1024x768 1600x1200 or larger if there was one.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• 11krage
    replied
    I agree. When I watched sg1 the first time it was as a child with no sky so it was a episode here and there and I missed the Jonas season. A few years ago I started watching it again from the start. Even with all that time to bond with the other characters (and I do like them) without a doubt Jonas is my favourite character in all of sg1.

Sure he was written to fill Daniel's role but the way he was played was so different that I think they would have gotten along great on screen (they did the little we got to see them together). By the time Jonas came along he was so jaded that saying they were alike was like saying a stubborn slightly grumpy adult and a eagar to please little kid are the same character.

Not that I don't like Daniel. I think he does the serious stubborn archologist well, but I think keeping Jonas around would have kept everything lighter. He added a certain innocence and wonder that I really miss.

I really hope he comes back. I always thought that the issue with his genetics was that he was closer genetically to the ancients (as the dna changing thing was made to make people closer to being an ancient so they could accend - so if Nirti thought she could do more with Jonas then it makes sense to think that he was already further there than the average human so she could use him as a short cut of sorts).

So bearing that in mind he'd definately have the ancient gene and would likely be even better with activating ancient technology than sheppard - which teamed with his awe filled curiousity in everything new would have been great to watch. I also think he and sheppard would have gotten on great. In fact I think he brought out such interesting relationships with everyone he worked with, so he would have added interesting dynamics to anyone he worked with.

I'm still holding out for them to bring him back to whatever incarnation of stargate comes next. He was such a great character. Even after all this time whenever I think of stargate I miss him terribly. He just has so much left of him to explore.

Leave a comment:

• Klenotka
    replied
    I have always liked Jonas but rewatching SG1 now, I can see *why* I liked him. He is so much different from Daniel. I felt like the character of Daniel Jackson had nothing to offer after his wife died. He became boring and the worst part is that in later seasons (7-10) he became basically a soldier. I mean, the arguing between him and Jack about what was good and wrong was great in the beginning but it vanished. But Jonas? He was an alien, with a similar journey to Teal´c´s but with the possibility that he would never go home. There was this naquadria radiation thing, also the Nirrti experiment. There were dozens ways to go with him.

I felt like Jonas really became a part of the team in "Unnatural Selection" (6x11) because he stood up to Jack, telling him that Replicators became more and they shouldn´t decide about their fate. I also liked how Sam was somehow more relaxed around Jonas. I was never a fan of Carter (typical Mary Sue character) but in S6, she was really good. They had some really nice scenes together.

I was so disappointed they brought Daniel back.
    But what annoys me most is the fact they even didn´t bother to mention Jonas again. After "Fallout" they only said his planet was attacked by Ori. I see it as a massive mistake in a writing because I doubt Sam, Jack or Teal´c wouldn´t care about what happened to Jonas. They just never said They had 3 more seasons, 2 TV shows and 2 DVD movies to tell *one* sentence about him but they didn´t. It is like they tried to forget S6 ever happened while I feel it was the best season. They changed the dynamics of the team and the show, did stand-alone episodes more exciting and also, the lack of Jaffa resistence also helped imo.

But I guess I am in a minority with this opinion
    Last edited by Klenotka; 14 July 2012, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Girlbot
    replied
    Originally posted by Petra View Post
    I liked Daniel's appearances in season 6, but apart from that I agree completely. If you already noticed MS over the top actiong in season 7, I need to warn you that it gets worse with each season. Personally, i barely made it through season 10. But hey, people like different things and maybe he'll grow on you.

And to keep the thread on topic, I agree about Corin too. He's a very talented actor.
    I loved Jonas, I was disappointed to see Daniel come back, even though I had liked him in the beginning, and I agree with your over the top Daniel, and that speed talking just annoyed me. I would have loved to see Jonas continue in the role instead.

Leave a comment:

• whoisquinn
    replied
    This is such a sweet photo (now my wallpaper). Where did you find it? Any background to it?

Leave a comment:

• Skydiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Rasiesae View Post
    There is a tweet on Twitter that Corin has passed away. Has anyone heard anything?

-
    Probably someone playing a joke and seeing if they can set the internet ablaze with false info.

Leave a comment:

• Rasiesae
    replied
    There is a tweet on Twitter that Corin has passed away. Has anyone heard anything?
    -

Leave a comment:

Working...
X