Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
    A friend just emailed me and asked about Corin being on Supernatural. Can anybody tell me if his roll is to be recurring or a one-shot? Thanks!
    He's recurring, but I don't know his total episode count. At least 5 I would assume.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
      He's recurring, but I don't know his total episode count. At least 5 I would assume.
      Hmmm . . . interesting. What kind of roll is it?
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Hmmm . . . interesting. What kind of roll is it?
        He was in it tonight actually. I squee'd when I saw him. He's playing a demon hunter. Funny, but kind of a jerk. I'm not quite sure yet, but I get the feeling that he might be a bad guy. He was only in it for like, 3 minutes though, too short a time to really get a solid picture in my head about what kind of character he is.

Comment

Speaking of Corin, has anybody who comes here noticed the Goldline commercials that run on Fox? The spokesman on them bears a striking resemblance of Corin as Jonas: similar smile and look about him. It just shocks me every time I see him. I wish I had a video to show you, but I don't have any idea how to "capture" a commercial like that.
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

He was in it tonight actually.
            I tried to find his scenes on YT, but either my research skills leave a lot to be desired or it's not up yet. I did, however, find this:

Speaking of Corin, has anybody who comes here noticed the Goldline commercials that run on Fox? The spokesman on them bears a striking resemblance of Corin as Jonas: similar smile and look about him. It just shocks me every time I see him. I wish I had a video to show you, but I don't have any idea how to "capture" a commercial like that.
            On YT there are many Goldline commercials with several spokesmen (including Glenn Beck! ) and I have no idea which one you mean. Perhaps this one?

If so, I must admit I don't see the slightest resemblance.
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

No, that's not the guy. Let me check youtube and see if I can find one of the person I mean.
              - Mary

Comment

Back in the UK after my holiday and back on this thread, to discover that forum folks I know are have been migrating to my old haunts...

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                *removes Ash's ear plugs*

Cut me some slack please. I wrote it 4 days ago and have since moved on to my happy place of eternal optimism and continuous chanting: "Jonas is alive and well. Jonas is alive and well. Jonas is alive and well. Jonas is alive and well. Jonas is alive and well. Jonas is alive and well. Joans is alive and well. Jonas is alive and well. Jonas...." You get my drift.
                Everyone now, repeat the hallowed post-Counterstrike Jonas mantra.

No, not the 'whatthejeefeebusdivinitiesonabicycleheckdidSamjustsay?!' one.

...And not the one involving TPTB and references to sons of donkeys. The optimistic one that puts you in a nice place

I've been occupying the cynical but (almost) wryly amused position of thinking that he is to all intents and purposes 'dead', whether physically or in 'show terms' - no matter what Mallozzi says after the fact (admittedly, with good intent, and as someone who actually seemed to quite like the character) to reassure a couple of blog commentators. I'm sure undecided as to whether no references is a good or bad thing. I mean, I'd like a reference, but I suspect that it wouldn't be to my liking, so perhaps none is safer after all

Also, what do you mean by "my Jonas"? Shouldn't it be "our Jonas"?!
                I thought we agreed that group love was very definitely acceptable in this case ages ago. Unless I missed *another* memo
                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

For anyone who is interested, I have a friend ProjectPurpleHeart who is doing a charity auction for the USC pain centre. And two items of note up for auction. One is a Duct Taped wallet that I had made and I donated. Has been signed by Richard Dean Anderson!

The RDA signed wallet

But the second item of note is a Quench the Fire Tshirt (QtF is a major fundraising event for the USC pain centre) autographed by 12 Stargate actors including Corin Nemec!!! Yes it has been touched and signed by Corin!
                  (Dan Payne, Cliff Simon, Jay Acovone, John De Lancie, J.R. Bourne, Paul McGillion, Corin Nemec, Colin Cunningham, Gary Chalk, Erik Avari, Steve Bacic, Barry Campbell)

The Autographed Tshirt

And here is a link to the page listing all her auctions

http://tinyurl.com/33sptbr
                  My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                  "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                    Back in the UK after my holiday and back on this thread, to discover that forum folks I know are have been migrating to my old haunts...
                    Firstly, welcome back! I've been wondering where you've disappeared to.

Secondly, yeah...someone had to spread Jonas love and news in your absence.

Also, commenting on news and thunking (thunking!!! Look how shallow I've become! *headdesk*) takes much less time than writing my essays for my beloved discussion threads that have both been neglected for a while now, so here I am. But I'll be back to more serious posting, I swear.

Everyone now, repeat the hallowed post-Counterstrike Jonas mantra.

No, not the 'whatthejeefeebusdivinitiesonabicycleheckdidSamjustsay?!' one.

...And not the one involving TPTB and references to sons of donkeys.

I've been occupying the cynical but (almost) wryly amused position of thinking that he is to all intents and purposes 'dead', whether physically or in 'show terms' - no matter what Mallozzi says after the fact (admittedly, with good intent, and as someone who actually seemed to quite like the character) to reassure a couple of blog commentators. I'm sure undecided as to whether no references is a good or bad thing. I mean, I'd like a reference, but I suspect that it wouldn't be to my liking, so perhaps none is safer after all
                    Well, personally, I'm going to squee and celebrate the fact that TPTB finally remembered him and that he's become someone incredibly important on Langara. Some national hero or something. That's my personal canon and I refuse to believe anything else. And if TPTB are stupid enough to kill him off..well, I'm gonna blatantly ignore this anyway. Jonas id my 3rd favourite character in the franchise and nothing TPTB did, do or will do can change that. Ha!

I thought we agreed that group love was very definitely acceptable in this case ages ago. Unless I missed *another* memo
                    Umm, looks like the memo got lost on its way to the newest members of the thread. But now we are all on the same page, aren't we?

sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Firstly, welcome back! I've been wondering where you've disappeared to.

Secondly, yeah...someone had to spread Jonas love and news in your absence.

Also, commenting on news and thunking (thunking!!! Look how shallow I've become! *headdesk*) takes much less time than writing my essays for my beloved discussion threads that have both been neglected for a while now, so here I am. But I'll be back to more serious posting, I swear.
                      I have been absent from this thread for a while. I've been reading a lot on LJ, to be honest. And yes, my first real holiday of 2010 has been had! Dogsitting does not count, even if I had to take paid leave for it

I do think that the key to fandom survival (and pretty much the only thing that will enable you to survive in this fandom in particular) is mixing the serious with the fun, whether it's pure appreciation or critique. Oh, and don't forget to pack the friendly snark

In other words, welcome to the gutter. Enjoy your stay

Well, personally, I'm going to squee and celebrate the fact that TPTB finally remembered him and that he's become someone incredibly important on Langara. Some national hero or something. That's my personal canon and I refuse to believe anything else. And if TPTB are stupid enough to kill him off..well, I'm gonna blatantly ignore this anyway. Jonas id my 3rd favourite character in the franchise and nothing TPTB did, do or will do can change that. Ha!
                      The one plus side to 'Counterstrike' was that people started writing fics which either involved your personal canon or other interesting stuff I certainly like coming across fic and meta which deals with it. I just think in my case the cynicism is a combination of resignation and ultimately thinking that a lot of the fanfic I've stumbled across in the last few years was much better than a throwaway mention. Oh, and just plain old cynicism

Umm, looks like the memo got lost on its way to the newest members of the thread. But now we are all on the same page, aren't we?
                      On the same page of the thread, at least
                      sigpic

Comment

The memo didn't get lost, I just ignored it. Kidding, kidding. Sharing is caring, especially if it's handome men. Also, it's only caring if it's with people who love him not stupid PTB who want to kill him dead. We're not sharing with those people.

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                          In other words, welcome to the gutter. Enjoy your stay
                          I am, believe me, I am. Gutter is a great place to be.

The one plus side to 'Counterstrike' was that people started writing fics which either involved your personal canon or other interesting stuff I certainly like coming across fic and meta which deals with it. I just think in my case the cynicism is a combination of resignation and ultimately thinking that a lot of the fanfic I've stumbled across in the last few years was much better than a throwaway mention. Oh, and just plain old cynicism
                          How about some links? I don't think I've ever come across post-Counterstrike Jonas fic, let alone meta, and I'd love to read it. Not that I don't have a backload of reading to do already Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

The memo didn't get lost, I just ignored it. Kidding, kidding. Sharing is caring, especially if it's handome men. Also, it's only caring if it's with people who love him not stupid PTB who want to kill him dead. We're not sharing with those people.
                          Darn you and your wicked ways that always make me laugh!

sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

How about some links? I don't think I've ever come across post-Counterstrike Jonas fic, let alone meta, and I'd love to read it. Not that I don't have a backload of reading to do already Pretty please, with a cherry on top?
                            OK then, fic links coming up. I'm sure I've seen vaguely meta-ish stuff at some point, but I can't find it (although comments on relevant LJ posts and fics always yield appropriate musings, as well as gnashing of teeth from even some not-really-Jonas-fans). I'm missing a lot as I mostly just trawled a comm that I run and another user that I know who runs gen fic days, as well as feeling the loss of fics from deleted and purged accounts (such a shame), but here are some...

Recent-ish Jonas Quinn Alphabet Soup:
                            http://sg-fignewton.livejournal.com/165931.html
                            (S6 stuff, as well as Counterstrike based fics. Also, someone in particular might have had their arm gently twisted into participating. *Coughs*)

Happy endings:
                            http://beanpot.livejournal.com/87850.html#cutid1
                            http://beanpot.livejournal.com/53590.html#cutid1
                            kalquessa.livejournal.com/513288.html
                            (Because Vala aiding in Jonas' escape and/or return to the team apparently never fails to amuse me).

Lacking in the happy (but still very good):
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3249398/1/Miniaturization

Other:
                            http://vixys.livejournal.com/88354.html
                            (Haven't read this yet, but worth a look perhaps?)

http://night-spear1287.livejournal.com/57227.html
                            (All good, but I love that last one set in S10)

http://niamaea.livejournal.com/27513.html
                            (It's like Laura Roslin!Jonas! Good stuff)
                            sigpic

Comment

It's been awhile for me posting here but is anyone going to Long Beach Comic Con? Corin will be there. I have a room and would love a roommate but more importantly to share in the Jonas/Corin love!
                              ______________________________________________________________
                              Conventions in 2011

January - San Francisco - Supernatural
                              April - Vancouver - Stargate
                              June - Nashville - Supernatural
                              August - Boston - Supernatural
                              August - Chicago - Stargate
                              September - Chicago - Star Trek
                              October - Chicago - Supernatural
                              November - LA - Stargate/Farscape/Eureka-W13-Sanctuary

Coventions in 2012
                              March - Burbank - Supernatural
                              April - Vancouver - Stargate
                              June - Nashville - Supernatural

Con reports at : http://adventurecon.blogspot.com

Comment

Sadly I'm not going and I don't think any of my friends are. Still, be sure to have a great time and to come back here afterwards to share your stories and pics with us!
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X