• Show
Clear All

Not inspiring.

Where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
      Not inspiring.

Where are you?
      What we were kind of expecting though, weren't we? I'm also not sure if Corin's description of his hair in that movie was accurate. 'Crazy' or just plain bad, you decide...

Nowhere to be seen, it looks like. The only thing for it now is to physically hunt down the director and try to get a print, I think. Thread road trip, perhaps?
      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Oh, my theory about all Stargate actors having already acted together, or going onto to act with other (regardless of whether they were on the show at the same time)? You might be able to spy poor David DeLuise's face in that trailer as well
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          What we were kind of expecting though, weren't we? I'm also not sure if Corin's description of his hair in that movie was accurate. 'Crazy' or just plain bad, you decide...

Nowhere to be seen, it looks like. The only thing for it now is to physically hunt down the director and try to get a print, I think. Thread road trip, perhaps?
          Ya know, I was in two minds about adding "Hair, discuss..." to that last post.
          Well, I was kinda half hopeful it couldn't be as bad as it sounds.
          And I'm not seeing much "outrageous" going on either. *

Road Trip!
          We need to find a way to poke Lionsgate films.
          Oh, my theory about all Stargate actors having already acted together, or going onto to act with other (regardless of whether they were on the show at the same time)? You might be able to spy poor David DeLuise's face in that trailer as well
          Mr Deluise is also going to be in CN's Bundy flick.

Interesting factoid. David D is a close friend of David F, they know each other from growing up as part of the LA showbiz set.
          Funny though that CN is a good friend of DF, but Peter DeLuise didn't appear to know CN (in person) until he turned up on SG-1.

*do you ever get the feeling you're doing the fannish thing wrong when you fail to squee at everything? I am getting that feeling when I think about how I react to most of CN's work** and compare it to other (general) fans.
          **Apart from Nice Guys, which I intend to squee about even if utter trash.
          Last edited by smurf; 31 March 2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Considering the character, they never got CN to smile in the Jonas promo pics did they?
            The nearest I've seen is this:

And I think that's just distracted a few of our resident thunkers.

Comment

Ya know, I was in two minds about adding "Hair, discuss..." to that last post.
              Well, I was kinda half hopeful it couldn't be as bad as it sounds.
              And I'm not seeing much "outrageous" going on either. *
              Hair, discuss:

Bad. As in 'nothing to redeem it' bad.

That was quick for once

If it were that, then the combined force of CN and DF being outrageous might inch it a little closer to Killer Bud silliness. As is it...I never thought I'd say this, but I'd prefer another stabby-stabby role. And I'll almost certainly get my wish come true on that before the next eighteen months is out...

Road Trip!
              We need to find a way to poke Lionsgate films.
              You bring the booze, I'll make assorted snacks, FF can bring her own supply of Irn-Bru and bounce merrily on a sugar high in the backseat all the way, whilst engaging in fannish thunking hijinks and jokes with Sunnie. And if the car breaks down Sunnie can gallop the rest of the way on her steed. Its a plan! I think...

*do you ever get the feeling you're doing the fannish thing wrong when you fail to squee at everything? I am getting that feeling when I think about how I react to most of CN's work** and compare it to other (general) fans.
              **Apart from Nice Guys, which I intend to squee about even if utter trash.
              The hardcore fannish thing? Yep, you're doing that wrong. Having normal(ish ) responses to things, but still appreciating him if he's done a good job (or looks good)? You're doing that very right. And please don't stop at that, because then I will seriously feel a tad lonesome without you and others here being fair about these things

Oh, Nice Guys. I've waited so long that even a couple of mediocre minutes would make me quite happy. Particularly if they contain him in the white shirt...
              sigpic

Comment

Hair, discuss:

Bad. As in 'nothing to redeem it' bad.

That was quick for once

If it were that, then the combined force of CN and DF being outrageous might inch it a little closer to Killer Bud silliness. As is it...I never thought I'd say this, but I'd prefer another stabby-stabby role. And I'll almost certainly get my wish come true on that before the next eighteen months is out...
                It's close to a couple of others in style, but just not right.

I think I'll only consider it mildly redeemed if they let CN ad-lib, because somehow I suspect the script is not good.
                You bring the booze, I'll make assorted snacks, FF can bring her own supply of Irn-Bru and bounce merrily on a sugar high in the backseat all the way, whilst engaging in fannish thunking hijinks and jokes with Sunnie. And if the car breaks down Sunnie can gallop the rest of the way on her steed. Its a plan! I think...
                For some reason all I can imagine is ending up in a tea shop demanding the finest wines available to humanity.

We'll need more booze.
                The hardcore fannish thing? Yep, you're doing that wrong. Having normal(ish ) responses to things, but still appreciating him if he's done a good job (or looks good)? You're doing that very right. And please don't stop at that, because then I will seriously feel a tad lonesome without you and others here being fair about these things

Oh, Nice Guys. I've waited so long that even a couple of mediocre minutes would make me quite happy. Particularly if they contain him in the white shirt...
                Yeah, I should really stop reading some (although amusing) off-site posts. It's screwing with my mind, man.

Or no shirt...

Comment

I think I'll only consider it mildly redeemed if they let CN ad-lib, because somehow I suspect the script is not good.
                  Really, now?

For some reason all I can imagine is ending up in a tea shop demanding the finest wines available to humanity.

We'll need more booze.
                  Oh, the awesome. And yes, we probably will. Although I have the tolerance of a doddery maiden aunt, so will only need topping up very forty miles or so.

Or no shirt...
                  Don't say things like that, it messes with the portion of my brain allotted to pure fangirlishness
                  sigpic

Comment

Really, now?
                    Hey, I'm kinda slow.

Oh, the awesome. And yes, we probably will. Although I have the tolerance of a doddery maiden aunt, so will only need topping up very forty miles or so.
                    "We've gone on holiday by mistake!"

Sorry, now I want to post SG-1 pics and caption them with these lines.
                    ETA: not completely PG

Don't say things like that, it messes with the portion of my brain allotted to pure fangirlishness
                    Well, if you look in the background the shirt is open.

Last edited by smurf; 31 March 2008, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Hey, I'm kinda slow.

"We've gone on holiday by mistake!"

Sorry, now I want to post SG-1 pics and caption them with these lines.

Well, if you look in the background the shirt is open.

"...Are you the farmer?"

"Of course he's the ___ing farmer!" Oh, what a film

You do know that I've now just opened my PB, don't you...?

And quit teasing me. Bad person.
                      sigpic

Comment

"...Are you the farmer?"

"Of course he's the ___ing farmer!" Oh, what a film

You do know that I've now just opened my PB, don't you...?
                        H-awesome. I do now.

"I have a heart condition. I have a heart condition. If you hit me, it's murder. My wife is having a baby."

Comment

"I think we've been in here too long. I feel unusual. I think we should go outside."
                          sigpic

Comment

"We'll cover ourselves in Deep Heat and get up against a radiator. Keep ourselves alive until twelve."
                            sigpic

Comment

As Jack watched Jonas talk to Ayiana, he wondered whether his decision to not only let him learn about their culture via Teal'c, and then communicate what he'd learnt to her were wise choices...

"How can it be so cold in here? It's like Greenland in here. We've got to get some booze. It's the only solution to this intense cold. Something's got to be done. We can't go on like this!"

...then again, it sounded like one heck of a party.
                              sigpic

Comment

"We've gone on holiday by mistake."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X