Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    Sadly I think that was the honest answer.

Translated it says; they could always aford it but they didnt like Jonas enough to work the numbers to do it. On the other hand, to them Vala is worth the effort of working the numbers.... and of course there still is always the possiblitiy they intend to move someone else off the team (Carter being a floater, Teal'c going full time to Jaffaland, etc).

But I do support your question and Jonas as a great character.
    Sadly, I also think this is the real answer.

Jonas was a character with a lot of potential. He had a story arc, he needed development and there was all the interaction with Daniel. We had only glimpses of it in Fallen-Homecoming. If They'd bring him back, they'd have to work on this, reexploring old stories and work with a character who didn't play around Daniel most of the time but around Sam and Teal'c. Let's face it, Jonas was what happened best to Sam and Teal'c. Sam became a more open and fun character and Teal'c had lines more than he ever had before. He wasn't anymore the strange silent alien in the background but had a mentor role.
    Now, knowing what they want to do with the characters, throwing Sam and Teal'c in the nearest black hole, what's the point of bringing back a character who's good for them ? And what's the point of bringing back a character who needs some writing when you can have one like Vala.
    It's easier to dress her (sorry, undress her) in leather and make her jumping around Daniel. Who needs a good storyline and character development for Vala when she has such visual arguments ?

Now, please someone reminds me to never go again to the JM thread. Every time I go there I end up being very upset and angry. It's no good for my blood pressure.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      Sadly I think that was the honest answer.

Translated it says; they could always aford it but they didnt like Jonas enough to work the numbers to do it. On the other hand, to them Vala is worth the effort of working the numbers.... and of course there still is always the possiblitiy they intend to move someone else off the team (Carter being a floater, Teal'c going full time to Jaffaland, etc).

But I do support your question and Jonas as a great character.
      Originally posted by Lys
      Sadly, I also think this is the real answer.
      Very true. I've always suspected that there were one or two PTB who didn't like the character. Especially after CN's recent interview with the inference that any one who supported his character would likely have lost their job. "Do it our way or get out."

If they wanted him they could have easily worked the numbers this season with the cost of RDA and Michael Greenburg removed, along with the expense of the special guest of the week. In fact with both those elements missing I could see a five man team perfectly viable budget wise.
      Unless CN is very, very expensive to hire.

In event it wasn't likely to happen since the character is designed as a lead. A smart, diplomatic, go-getting type, who displays moral responsibilty so is probably the one who will have to carry those complex Jack O'Neill moral decisions (should they decide to have any more ).
      If Mitchell isn't superfluous now, he definately will be if Jonas returns.
      Character wise he could overshadow Daniel (since he'll be taking the Jack moral decision making role, something incidentally I see in Sam but not in Mitchell), and I constantly get the impression that all the writers love writing Daniel.

Jonas is perfect if Sam leads SG-1, but complicates the pigeon-holed dynamic if she doesn't - and a woman lead a top military team? Yeah, that'll be the day.

I think the thing to ask for is not why he isn't a regular, but can we have a three episode arc to finish his story. Maybe one which takes in a crossover to Atlantis (it's the in thing next year apparently ).

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
          Good morning!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and for those in the states a great Thanksgiving.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I need Jonas to come keep me safe and warm. It is snowing and very windy here. Yuck!!

Comment

Pretty pictures anyone?

Comment

I'm thunking all by myself...oh well.

Comment

Comment

Maybe the others are having trouble getting on. I've been kicked out four times now today.

Comment

BTW...for all the Jonas thunkers...Fallout plays tonight on Scific Monday! Woohoo!

Comment

Well they are sending us home early from work...the weather turned really, really nasty. We are in the middle of a blizzard now. See ya!

Comment

Bye, Anya! If you can, logon from home so we know you made it.

Assuming we're here to see the post...been knocked out of here EIGHT TIMES now!

Comment

Working...
                                X