No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seasons 1-8...I'm tellin' ya'...ya'll need to get dogs. I have them buy every season on preorder. They save a lot of money that way. And when you split it four ways...well, the hubby accepts it as being economical anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
      I have seasons 1-8...I'm tellin' ya'...ya'll need to get dogs. I have them buy every season on preorder. They save a lot of money that way. And when you split it four ways...well, the hubby accepts it as being economical anyway.

Ya see, I could never get my pets to contribute.

Just watching the start of Fallen and it's amazing how different Jonas is in terms of how relaxed he is from where he was in S6. Corin does a good job picking up how the character would have grown into his environment. I also like the little hints of discomfort when Daniel is around, not obvious ones but little background bits.

On edit: And for the Jonas and Jack relationship. I love how Jonas is the first person to put his hand up when Jack asks who thinks the plan is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
        UK. I normally buy stuff like CDs and DVDs online, you can normally get a good deal on DVDs.
        The box sets normally go for about £40($70) in the shops but you can get them for about £23($40) online. Or eBay it like me and get it for £14.
        Also in the UK they release the DVDs individually, and then the boxset. I think we must be a very impatient bunch.
        Exact same thing here...prices and the DVD's being sold individually.

Comment

Just watching the start of Fallen and it's amazing how different Jonas is in terms of how relaxed he is from where he was in S6. Corin does a good job picking up how the character would have grown into his environment. I also like the little hints of discomfort when Daniel is around, not obvious ones but little background bits.
          My pets don't contribute either and the fiancé is not nearly as interested in it as I am. I guess he does contribute to the funds on the stargate collection though...just to keep me happy.
          I noticed that too...but Jonas and Daniel had great chemistry. I think they could have been good friends. I think Jonas still felt a little guilty about the whole situation with Daniel.

Comment

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...entAQOcap7.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...entAQOcap6.jpg
            Lovin' the pics Admiral. And preordering was probably the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
              I noticed that too...but Jonas and Daniel had great chemistry. I think they could have been good friends. I think Jonas still felt a little guilty about the whole situation with Daniel.
              Jonas has an outgoing type of personality which would provide good chemistry with anyone. He's very much a people person.

Although Jonas and Daniel do have good chemistry, if both had continued in S7 I would have liked to have seen a bit of underlying tension - not arguments as much as differing personalities. Add a bit of spice to the mix.
              A bit like Daniel's reaction to Jonas using his stuff in Full Circle, and Jonas' reaction to Daniel's negativity in Fallen.

Comment

Jonas has an outgoing type of personality which would provide good chemistry with anyone. He's very much a people person.

Although Jonas and Daniel do have good chemistry, if both had continued in S7 I would have liked to have seen a bit of underlying tension - not arguments as much as differing personalities. Add a bit of spice to the mix.
                A bit like Daniel's reaction to Jonas using his stuff in Full Circle, and Jonas' reaction to Daniel's negativity in Fallen.
                I agree with you on that too. That is exactly what I loved about their scenes together. That is what would make their relationship interesting. What makes Daniel and Jack's relationship interesting is the tension. The same thing with Jonas and Daniel but for different reasons.
                I know Corin has said that the scenes with MS were some of his favorite and he really enjoyed working with him.

Comment

On edit: And for the Jonas and Jack relationship. I love how Jonas is the first person to put his hand up when Jack asks who thinks the plan is insane.

Yeah...pets never contribute anything...

Unless you make it clear that they only get the money...

If they use it for what YOU want.

Comment

That is sooo funny. That was another thing I loved about Jonas...being an alien he just answered the question instead of realizing that it was rhetorical like everyone else. He didn't have any of those kind of...oh...I don't even know how to put...shut off switches that people from earth do. (Hope you know what I mean.)

Comment

I agree with you on that too. That is exactly what I loved about their scenes together. That is what would make their relationship interesting. What makes Daniel and Jack's relationship interesting is the tension. The same thing with Jonas and Daniel but for different reasons.
                      I know Corin has said that the scenes with MS were some of his favorite and he really enjoyed working with him.
                      What I would have loved to have seen if Jonas was still on the show is for him to have an argument... with Sam.

They have such a sibling relationship that if either of them were going to really lose their rag with a member of the team it would be with each other. Just because I think Sam and Jonas have a bit too much respect for everyone else. Not that they don't have respect for each other, they have a more relaxed level of respect.

Imagine Jack having to calm other people down for once. And probably over something he won't understand.

Comment

What I would have loved to have seen if Jonas was still on the show is for him to have an argument... with Sam.

They have such a sibling relationship that if either of them were going to really lose their rag with a member of the team it would be with each other. Just because I think Sam and Jonas have a bit too much respect for everyone else. Not that they don't have respect for each other, they have a more relaxed level of respect.

Imagine Jack having to calm other people down for once. And probably over something he won't understand.

Jonas and Sam really do have the sibling thing going on. I can totally see that scene in my head!!! Them fighting or bickering is more like it and Jack breakin it up. That would have been a good one.

Comment

Let's see...the Jack/Jonas relationship...

First, Jack raised his voice to Jonas, then Jonas raised his voice to Jack, then after a while they both fell onto the same page.

Lucky us!

Comment

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...entAQOcap5.jpg
                            Yeah...pets never contribute anything...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...entAQOcap8.jpg
                            Unless you make it clear that they only get the money...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...ntAQOcap12.jpg
                            If they use it for what YOU want.
                            LOL! My pets contribute to my debt. They are expensive little buggers and are worth every penny.

Comment

LOL! My pets contribute to my debt. They are expensive little buggers and are worth every penny.

I totally hear that!

Comment

Let's see...the Jack/Jonas relationship...

First, Jack raised his voice to Jonas, then Jonas raised his voice to Jack, then after a while they both fell onto the same page.

Lucky us!
                                Nicely done Admiral! Darn it, I can never give you green when I want too! If Jonas and Jack got into a real argument it would be funny because Jack would probably pretend to not understand what Jonas was saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X