No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbucks carries Tazo, but it is all over. Do you have Murchie's there?

And we're talking about tea, not coffee.

Comment

yeah never tried tea either
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
        yeah never tried tea either
        Never wanted to sit with the adults as a child, eh?

BTW, how are the Cubs doing?

Comment

cubs are 16-16 doing ok. I gtg all work time cya later
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Don't drink English tea (which is almost like heresy coming from an Englishwoman ). Particularly with milk. What' with that?

We have Starbucks as our main American coffee chain. Other chains over here are Costa, Cafe Nero (which isn't too bad, actually-again with chocolate)...and sometimes you get chains which are more overtly cafe-like and are more local chains. I'm new to the whole tea thing, so I shall make us of Whittards (nice tea and coffee shop, as in proper store-place) and the Oriental tea-stores in London.
            sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
              Don't drink English tea (which is almost like heresy coming from an Englishwoman ). Particularly with milk. What' with that?

We have Starbucks as our main American coffee chain. Other chains over here are Costa, Cafe Nero (which isn't too bad, actually-again with chocolate)...and sometimes you get chains which are more overtly cafe-like and are more local chains. I'm new to the whole tea thing, so I shall make us of Whittards (nice tea and coffee shop, as in proper store-place) and the Oriental tea-stores in London.
              Hey folks - first time in this thread...I'll say this though...Great Work!

Resurgamlaura - is that CN in your siggie? If it is..Wow...what a beatuiful shot...
              sigpic

Comment

I don't get the milk in tea thing either. I did that when I was around 11 and the black tea was too bitter for me, but then I grew beyond that...I do like a good Earl Grey on ocassion.

Comment

Originally posted by wwlh View Post

Resurgamlaura - is that CN in your siggie? If it is..Wow...what a beatuiful shot...
                  Welcome to the thread. Glad to have you with us. Make yourself at home, join in the conversation. Maybe you might even steer us towards the unknown and feared thing called ON TOPIC

Yep, its CN's back and its from a Skiffy original called Mansquito/Mosquito Man. And yes, its as amusingly bad as it sounds
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome!

*dusts off Mansquito caps*

Comment

Welcome to the thread. Glad to have you with us. Make yourself at home, join in the conversation. Maybe you might even steer us towards the unknown and feared thing called ON TOPIC

Yep, its CN's back and its from a Skiffy original called Mansquito/Mosquito Man. And yes, its as amusingly bad as it sounds
                      Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info! I think I'll skip Mansquito and just enjoy your siggie!

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                      I don't get the milk in tea thing either. I did that when I was around 11 and the black tea was too bitter for me, but then I grew beyond that...I do like a good Earl Grey on ocassion.

Not that I'm being on topic....but I think I just saw on-line somewhere that a study was done that shows that puting milk in your tea takes away all the antioxidant benefits....and I enjoy the Earl Grey too!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info! I think I'll skip Mansquito and just enjoy your siggie!

Not that I'm being on topic....but I think I just saw on-line somewhere that a study was done that shows that puting milk in your tea takes away all the antioxidant benefits....and I enjoy the Earl Grey too!
                        You have smurf to thank for the lovely sig. Although she seems to have disappeared...
                        addy has already starting posting pics of the best bit of that film, so you'll be OK

Milk on its own, in smoothies, hot chocolate? Very good for you. Calcium for the bones and nails. In tea? No thanks. Not overly fond of black leaf anyhow. My dad tried to indoctrinate me into tea drinking with the time-honoured tradition of dipping a biscuit into his tea and feeding it to me while I sat on his lap as a toddler. All I gained was a love of biscuits
                        Earl Grey lovers the pair of you? More English than I am!
                        sigpic

Comment

I only capped the two interesting scenes of Mansquito...namely the getting up for the day and the making out with his woman.

The rest is too painful to sit through again for capping purposes. Maybe someday I will bother.

I like the way his hair flops over. It's a bit longer than the Season 7 bedhead hair that I don't like.

Comment

You have smurf to thank for the lovely sig. Although she seems to have disappeared...
                            addy has already starting posting pics of the best bit of that film, so you'll be OK

Milk on its own, in smoothies, hot chocolate? Very good for you. Calcium for the bones and nails. In tea? No thanks. Not overly fond of black leaf anyhow. My dad tried to indoctrinate me into tea drinking with the time-honoured tradition of dipping a biscuit into his tea and feeding it to me while I sat on his lap as a toddler. All I gained was a love of biscuits
                            Earl Grey lovers the pair of you? More English than I am!
                            Not so much English as a ST:TNG fan. Though I did have my first cup of Earl Grey during High Tea at Harrods....I'm such a tourist!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Not so much English as a ST:TNG fan. Though I did have my first cup of Earl Grey during High Tea at Harrods....I'm such a tourist!!!
                              Yes, the Picard influence. I wonder if he owns any stock...

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                                Yes, the Picard influence. I wonder if he owns any stock...

LOL....Too true! Or if only we had thought to buy it back then...

Great Pics!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X