No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix 'em... ish. It was a particularly dark episode in all senses.

Snurch here

Originally posted by Piglet
    I've not watched it yet, planning to at the weekend
    Cool, let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
      Fix 'em... ish. It was a particularly dark episode in all senses.

Snurch here

Cool, let us know how it turns out.
      Will do smurf. Having a forum chat Sunday if any of you's interested

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
        Will do smurf. Having a forum chat Sunday if any of you's interested
        Will try and swing by. What time are you starting, or is it a dip in and out thing?

CSI pic, because... well because

Comment

Will try and swing by. What time are you starting, or is it a dip in and out thing?

CSI pic, because... well because

6pm GMT time.

Comment

Goodnight thunkers... gotta get up really early and go tortu... errrn teach poor children
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Night Anuna. By the way, concerning the children...you were right the first time. Its for their own good

Sweetest smile
              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

G'Night Anuna.

Comment

I've finished season 6
                  Which ep of CSI was he in?

Comment

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say Thanks for all the help with the fan fics etc.

IHS
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                      I've finished season 6
                      Which ep of CSI was he in?
                      Season 1 CSI:NY "Night Mother". He's not in it for very long.
                      Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                      Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say Thanks for all the help with the fan fics etc.

IHS
                      No problem.

Last edited by smurf; 01 March 2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Season 1 CSI:NY "Night Mother". He's not in it for very long.
                        *headdesk*
                        I've seen that ep and I can't remember him! I'll have to watch it again. Thanks!

Comment

Have just seen the NCIS ep. My thoughts...

Spoiler:
                          First problem has nothing to do with the show and is in fact responsible for all the other problems. About five minutes before Corin's character shows up (and not just because its him, its kinda major plot ) the InnerTube started skipping about every fifteen seconds. And because of circumstances, I had to watch the remainder of the ep like that. Which mean that some of the dialogue was not as clear as it could have been towards the end, so if there was more exposition and reasoning behind why he did it (because its not simply about 'the mother' there is always more to it than that) than I missed it. Also the little nuances of his performance which I could see I couldn't see as well, and what makes him great for these roles is his subtlety On the plus side, it was a solid ep in general, he was great, the relationship between him and the girlfriend was interesting (and no cliched flashback sequences! Hurrah!) and made sense- he didn't look like the stereotypical loner, and I thought it was good that they showed how people can become like that and increase in the horror they create through each other. And a great ending shot as well.
                          He was also very, very pretty in my opinion. I know a lot of people are going to think that he was too thin, but I thought he was just slender, not much below his usual weight, and the angles, shadows and blond stubble on that face...oi. I'm a sucker for cheekbones. And there were tears, and I have thing about CN when he's crying (weird, I know). And as Smurf has already said, he wasn't typically 'suave'- he was a good-looking guy in a way that you could believe that she might have connected with him and grew increasingly attracted to him (again, the fine nuances of their characters were ruined for my ).
                          He wasn't a consummate charmer or a complete creep a la 'Manhunter', and I thought that 'normality', if you can term it that, was good. Unfortunately, its not so great for forty-five minutes of TV, because that means that there is so much beneath the surface of his character (and her's) which we didn't see.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                            *headdesk*
                            I've seen that ep and I can't remember him! I'll have to watch it again. Thanks!
                            He's only in it for a total of about five minutes, despite a close connection to the case. He is quite nice in it, though.
                            He's also in an ep of 'Smallville' called 'Zero', which is actually one of the few eps of that show that I can watch (and not just because he's in it ). He's kinda evil-ish in that as well. And quite purdy, especially in the classy white shirt and black trousers at the beginning
                            He's done various movies, but unfortunately most of them were small-scale releases or indie flicks and are only available on region 1. Which is OK in theory, because I have a multi-region player, but it's the buying that's the rub...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                              Have just seen the NCIS ep. My thoughts...

Spoiler:
                              First problem has nothing to do with the show and is in fact responsible for all the other problems. About five minutes before Corin's character shows up (and not just because its him, its kinda major plot ) the InnerTube started skipping about every fifteen seconds. And because of circumstances, I had to watch the remainder of the ep like that. Which mean that some of the dialogue was not as clear as it could have been towards the end, so if there was more exposition and reasoning behind why he did it (because its not simply about 'the mother' there is always more to it than that) than I missed it. Also the little nuances of his performance which I could see I couldn't see as well, and what makes him great for these roles is his subtlety On the plus side, it was a solid ep in general, he was great, the relationship between him and the girlfriend was interesting (and no cliched flashback sequences! Hurrah!) and made sense- he didn't look like the stereotypical loner, and I thought it was good that they showed how people can become like that and increase in the horror they create through each other. And a great ending shot as well.
                              He was also very, very pretty in my opinion. I know a lot of people are going to think that he was too thin, but I thought he was just slender, not much below his usual weight, and the angles, shadows and blond stubble on that face...oi. I'm a sucker for cheekbones. And there were tears, and I have thing about CN when he's crying (weird, I know). And as Smurf has already said, he wasn't typically 'suave'- he was a good-looking guy in a way that you could believe that she might have connected with him and grew increasingly attracted to him (again, the fine nuances of their characters were ruined for my ).
                              He wasn't a consummate charmer or a complete creep a la 'Manhunter', and I thought that 'normality', if you can term it that, was good. Unfortunately, its not so great for forty-five minutes of TV, because that means that there is so much beneath the surface of his character (and her's) which we didn't see.
                              About the reasoning:

Spoiler:
                              The mother. That was pretty much it.
                              Oh, I think they were trying to say that it was the two of them getting together which pushed them over the edge - some blah at the end about perfect partner, perfect monster - but like I said earlier it didn't really work because they spent no time on the details.

I think there's more to the character because of the depth he acted into it, rather than any thought on the part of the writers.

I think he was maybe slightly thinner than he was on CSI, just not lit as well. Or in as nice a suit. I have a feeling it's the oversized jacket making him look thinner.

Comment

About the reasoning:

Spoiler:
                                The mother. That was pretty much it.
                                Oh, I think they were trying to say that it was the two of them getting together which pushed them over the edge - some blah at the end about perfect partner, perfect monster - but like I said earlier it didn't really work because they spent no time on the details.

I think there's more to the character because of the depth he acted into it, rather than any thought on the part of the writers.

I think he was maybe slightly thinner than he was on CSI, just not lit as well. Or in as nice a suit. I have a feeling it's the oversized jacket making him look thinner.
                                Its been said before, and it will be said again I imagine...he's just so good at it. He's had plenty of practice
                                Spoiler:
                                It was disappointing about the woman beginning to be characterised so late in the show. Removed a lot of potential there. And the reasoning- what ever happened to layers of damaging mutual experiences? All they had to do was read up a little on Ed Gein, which isn't difficult, because he's had two of the most influential horror films ever based on him. But it was interesting and he acquited himself much, MUCH better than the part required. The most disturbing part for me was that I knew that the character had done these things, but because he looked so lovely I just wanted to...ahem. Oops
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X