Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf
    Wow, it's been quiet in here recently. Has the PG paddle scared everyone off?

Ooooooh, nice!! Without these two guys, SG just isn't worth watching . . .

As for JM's blog, who in the world is making death threats, and over what? The last time that happened, it was because an actor who shall remain nameless *chose* to leave the show and then didn't tell his fans to *lay off* TPTB because he went.

I admit, I don't care for JM - I think he's disengenuous and only pretends to be a shipper to keep us interested in the show while the rest of TPTB are shafting the shippers. That goes for Jonas fans, too, I guess, although at least he hasn't pretended to be one of those. Personally, I wouldn't want to see him dead. But I would like to see all TPTB fired. <g>

/rant
    Last edited by Buc252; 18 October 2005, 06:31 PM.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      Ooooooh, nice!! Without these two guys, SG just isn't worth watching . . .

As for JM's blog, who in the world is making death threats, and over what? The last time that happened, it was because an actor who shall remain nameless *chose* to leave the show and then didn't tell his fans to *lay off* TPTB because he went.

I admit, I don't care for JM - I think he's disengenuous and only pretends to be a shipper to keep us interested in the show while the rest of TPTB are shafting the shippers. That goes for Jonas fans, too, I guess, although at least he hasn't pretended to be one of those. Personally, I wouldn't want to see him dead. But I would like to see all TPTB fired. <g>

/rant
      Too true. I'm surprised I am still watching. Well, half watching... I must get around to watching the rest of the first half of the season.

Oh, some kiddy thing not to be taken seriously. Think it might have disappeared again. About what?... I'd suggest taking a wander over to the sony boards, but, really, don't bother.

Since JM was the PTB who stuck his head over the parapet during the last round of fandom wars, I expect it's small potatoes to him.

I read all the interviews by "nameless" after the event, and boy did he p me off. I think he got a bit caught up in his own press, reading those interviews is like reading a career suicide note.
      He should have been taught that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Comment

Good morning everyone! Hey has anyone left a birthday message for Corin on his site, yet? His birthday is Nov. 5th. I am going to leave one soon, I am just trying to figure out what I want to say. You can leave one directly on the site for him now. He can not see them...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
          Oh, jerin...

Jerin: Let me help you pick it up.
          JerinJoC: No, no. I should be a gentleman.
          Jerin: I hope not.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
          Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Too true. I'm surprised I am still watching. Well, half watching... I must get around to watching the rest of the first half of the season.

Oh, some kiddy thing not to be taken seriously. Think it might have disappeared again. About what?... I'd suggest taking a wander over to the sony boards, but, really, don't bother.

Since JM was the PTB who stuck his head over the parapet during the last round of fandom wars, I expect it's small potatoes to him.

I read all the interviews by "nameless" after the event, and boy did he p me off. I think he got a bit caught up in his own press, reading those interviews is like reading a career suicide note.
            He should have been taught that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
            Anya and I were just discussing this last night. Those crazy fans need to get a life! As one of my best friends says, "I wish mean people to have real problems in their lives." They are really insane.
            Amanda Eros, congrats on 100 posts and Admiral on 3,000!

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
              Good morning everyone! Hey has anyone left a birthday message for Corin on his site, yet? His birthday is Nov. 5th. I am going to leave one soon, I am just trying to figure out what I want to say. You can leave one directly on the site for him now. He can not see them...yet.
              I keep meaning to, I'm not very good at writing birfday messages.

I couldn't brighten that elbow pic...... so I recapped it.
              Enjoy everyone!
              Last edited by smurf; 05 February 2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                Anya and I were just discussing this last night. Those crazy fans need to get a life! As one of my best friends says, "I wish mean people to have real problems in their lives." They are really insane.
                As the sane keep saying:
                "It's only a TV show."
                The part that surprises me the most is how some people can't deal with the idea of liking more than one character. Or, god forbid, possibly having two strong female characters. I hope they don't take that sort of attitude into real life, and if they do, I hope I never have to work with them.
                (Can someone help me with this knife in my back? )

Hey Amanda Eros, congrats on the 100th post!

Comment

Originally posted by jerin

Thank you Jerin! I'd green rep you, but it's not letting me.

Comment

As the sane keep saying:
                    "It's only a TV show."
                    The part that surprises me the most is how some people can't deal with the idea of liking more than one character. Or, god forbid, possibly having two strong female characters. I hope they don't take that sort of attitude into real life, and if they do, I hope I never have to work with them.
                    (Can someone help me with this knife in my back?
                    I'll help you with the knife. Once again, you made a thoughtful & smart post. I love Sam, Jonas & Danny. In those crazies' eyes, that would make me a traitor (not MS, but that's another topic). It's insane. As far as 2 strong female characters, i'm afraid to say it's the fault of TPTB. They're extremely sexist. Let's take the whole leadership issue of sg-1. They gave Cameron, a newbie to gate travel, command over CArter, a 8 year veteran. Do you remember watching season 8's "Lockdown"?
                    [
                    Spoiler:
                    The highly decorated Russian Colonel asks to join, NOT lead Sg-1 & RDA tells him that he's not even stepping thru the gate until proper training. Transcript:

VASELOV (laughing nervously): If I may be so bold, sir, I understand that with your recent appointment as base commander, a position has become available on SG-1. I would of course relish the opportunity to serve on the S.G.C.'s elite team.
                    O'NEILL (wearily): Yes. You and everyone else on this base. Colonel, not gonna happen.
                    VASELOV: I understand your reluctance, sir. If you look at my record, I think it will satisfy any of your concerns. I have over three thousand flight hours on more than thirty-five types of aircraft and prototypes. In addition, I have been awarded the High Order of Russia, the Gold Star, the ...
                    O'NEILL (interrupting): Yes, that's very impressive. Very. But it's not gonna get you on SG-1.
                    VASELOV: Understood. I am of course willing to accept a position on a different team.
                    O'NEILL: Colonel, until you go through the proper training, you're not going anywhere near that Gate.
                    VASELOV: Perhaps I could assume a role as a non-combat observer on one of the exploration units, sir. O'NEILL: It was nice meeting you. Very nice. You're dismissed. (He gestures to the door.)
                    spoiler
                    ]
                    What a discontinuity to the story, Air Force regulations and an insult to all the fans and women out there. [/
                    spoiler]On the Sam's a great character - spoilers for *ALL* seasons we discuss this issue in details. even people who are not feminists or are very pro-
                    Sam have had issues with the leadership issue, too. I find it disgusting. As far as the crazies not wanting to see 2 strong female characters, in their Danny-centric worlds, any character that's not there to serve as Danny's love interest or involved in some other way with his stories are cause for concern. It's part jealousy and part insanity. It really surprises me, since I love Daniel's character. Okay, I'll stop my rant now.

Comment

Enjoy everyone!

Yummy! Thunks!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                        Thank you Jerin! I'd green rep you, but it's not letting me.
                        Thanks! It's the thought that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                          Congrats Anya! Jonas would be proud of you!
                          Thank-you and congrats on your 100th post!! My Jonas clones sends you hugs and kisses.

Comment

Enjoy everyone!
                            Nice pic! I know what you mean. I don't want to just say Happy b-day, have a nice day. I want it to stand out a little more than that, but if I do not come up with something soon it will probably come down to that. *Sigh*

Comment

Ok where is everyone today. This thread was booming with thunkers yesterday and now everyone has mysteriously disappeared.
                              AnyaJoc: Maybe they are all busy with their clones. We do need alot of attention.
                              Anya: True. You certainly do need a lot of attention. Do you need attention now?
                              AnyaJoC: *Smiles mischievously* Glad you can take a hint.
                              Anya: *Giggles and runs off to give her Jonas clone his attention.*

His arms are amazing in this picture. What I wouldn't give to have them wrapped around me.*drools*
                              Last edited by Anyagate1; 19 October 2005, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
                                Ok where is everyone today. This thread was booming with thunkers yesterday and now everyone has mysteriously disappeared.
                                AnyaJoc: Maybe they are all busy with their clones. We do need alot of attention.
                                Anya: True. You certainly do need a lot of attention. Do you need attention now?
                                AnyaJoC: *Smiles mischievously* Glad you can take a hint.
                                Anya: *Giggles and runs off to give her Jonas clone his attention.*

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...jq5_edited.jpg
                                His arms are amazing in this picture. What I wouldn't give to have them wrapped around me.*drools*
                                Here you go...

...now, what are you gonna give me?

Comment

Working...
                                X