• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very quiet today.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
      Behind you!

Sneaky, sneaky Smurf. I underestimated your sneakiness.

Comment

I am finally going home. It has been a long, busy day. Sorry I wasn't around much. I hope you all have a lovely weekend. See you all on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
          Sneaky, sneaky Smurf. I underestimated your sneakiness.
          I've been learning from a pro.

Not this one though

Have a good one, Anya.

Comment

Almost yay. Nice Guys is due for release Fall, 2006 according to the director on imdb.com's message board.

Pfft, what do you mean, "you want an actual date"?!

Comment

Back, went to look for golden lobsters... but didnt find any. Bye, Anya. Have a good weekend.

Hey, look... I'm on top again.

sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                I like it - thanks! You are right, it does sound very 'cheesy cop show'. And I think you are also right about Jonas being the type to take in American pop culture via the TV. And McDonald's!
                I agree that I think he would have watched and absorbed it all, but I think he's too intelligent to actually think that those shows and movies reflect real life on planet earth. He may get carried away, but this line still felt oh-so wrong to me.

On an unrelated note, I was re-watching my S6 DVD's the other day and caught a line I hadn't caught before. In the premier, Jonas says, "I'm not a scientist, but . . ."

That being the case, why is it TPTB and some of the fans insist on casting him in the "scientist" mold? Just because he replaced Daniel?

I've always been of the thought that Jonas wasn't a scientist - he was a diplomat. (This was before I heard that line, even.) And given that belief, the could have easily used him as a fifth member on SG1, since they didn't *have* a diplomat on the team.
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

GREAT pics - Jonas has some fight skills. I wonder if he had any before going a few rounds with Teal'c? I think he might have been inspired by Daniel's example of giving his life, and motivated once he saw the Goa'uld and all the stuff Daniel told him was going on 'out there'. Maybe that was when he decided not to get pushed around any more or to let others get pushed around.

My new Jonas clone says hi! Imagine my surprise when I heard the doorbell ring and there he was, thank you!
                  I agree about his learning from the Tau'ri. I mean, face it, the other people from his planet haven't proven to be a shining example of selflessness and sacrifice. Have we even seen *one* worth his/her salt? I don't think so. But Jonas was a deviation - he was good at heart and just needed somebody to show him the right way to go.
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Yep, Jonas just kept at it - very admirable and a necessary trait to be on SG-1.

Have a good lunch!
                    Jonas was very buff during season 6 compared to Corin and when Jonas returned for the S7 ep. My personal theory is that, since he was on the base for three entire months without being allowed to leave, he spent a great deal of time in the gym. I mean, what else did he have to do except read, study, watch TV, and work out?

<edited to fix the mess that was this paragraph. I should learn not to post late at night!>
                    Last edited by Buc252; 29 July 2006, 06:18 PM.
                    - Mary

Comment

Weekend bump...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania
                        Weekend bump...

Did you ever notice how, in S6, Jonas always carried the heavy bag? LOL. New-guy persecution? <g>
                        - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                          Did you ever notice how, in S6, Jonas always carried the heavy bag? LOL. New-guy persecution? <g>
                          Yeah, now that you mention it. He had in Redemption too. Wonder what he's carrying.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lunch?
                            That bag is nothing. They make him carry the huge pack with the Asgard time dilation device in it in Unnatural Selection.

Comment

They finally found an actor besides AT that would agree to do heavy lifting.
                              Seriously, they talk about it on some of the old DVDs. AT had to carry so and so or such and such becuase RDA, MS and CJ (bad knee) didnt want to. I always thought that was funny. I can see CN jumping in and saying "hey I'll carry that".
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Or "Get Corin to do it. He's fit. Did you know he can hold his breath for 2 minutes?"
                                Like throwing him back in the pool in Cure.

Actually thinking about it, he seemed to do an awful lot of running about in S6.

Comment

Working...
                                X