No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas and I are playing underwater hide and seek. Anyone want to join us?

Comment

What are we searching for?

Comment

Tell your Jonas clones to look our for the kracken. Oh, and any gold you find is claimed by Captian Morgania.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O

Mostly each other...

Comment

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend (I know it was three days ago, but work... geez. ).
              Got Foreign Correspondents in the mail. Have seen it now so quick review in a minute. Back in a bit after catching up on 15 odd pages.

Comment

Hiya Smurf! Nice to see you.

Comment

Time to go. There is a big parade tonight and it runs down the streets surrounding where I work. If I don't get out of here early I won't until its over. See ya tomorrow.

Come on out of the water Jonas. I have my itsy bitsy towel ready to dry you off.

Comment

Good night, Anya!

Comment

Hi Anya, bye Anya.
                      Wouldn't your clone like to watch the parade?

He's got his video camera ready.

Comment

I want to say a big thanks to everyone who has posted their Shore Leave pics. Fab!

On Shore Leave, I HAVE to find a pic of this:
                        By 5, though, it had come time to be silly. Our opening skit for MTT was one of our more elaborate gigs. Arriving on stage in wings, bobbing antennae and magic wands, Mike, Peter and I then began “Fairy Home Companion” with snippets of oddities. When we got to the adventures of “Gay Noir, Fairy P.I.”, out came Corin Nemic (from Stargate for those unfamiliar) with a large pair of wings and his own wand. He fell right into character, hamming it up for the astonished and amused audience.
                        http://bgb.malibulist.com/archives/2...rom_shore.html

Or preferably a video clip.

Comment

Went away & forgot about Foreign Correspondents.

Odd one this, since it's actually two short films in one. The first one with Melanie Lynskey and Wil Wheaton (yes, scifi fans that Wil Wheaton ) was very slight storywise - she moves into new apartment, is lonely, is intrigued by letters for previous occupant. It's meant to be more of a character study, but I didn't really connect with the character (her life is supposed to be boring, but the character is too much of a personality free zone) so *shrugs*.
                          Probably because I didn't feel a connection this one felt a little inhibited and flat, like a student film where the time constraints and budget are too much.

The second part with Corin and Yelena Danova - Brit goes to visit penpal not knowing that they want to use him to save her from being deported to a war-torn country - was much better. It probably could have done well as a longer film on it's own. I would have liked to have got to know Yelena's character a bit more and it would have added even more depth to his decision making angst. Script and technical aspects were better in this one, although there were still a few "studenty" moments. The characters in this were much more interesting and engaging, so it went along at a good pace, bar the odd signposted, not so subtle, see how life parallels Trevor's (Corin's character) inner worries moment.

Good acting all around, I won't say great (yet) because it's such a character led piece(s) that I think it needs another viewing to catch the acting subtleties. It would have been better for having some link between the stories rather than being so separate.
                          Still, definitely recommended if you like character based stories.

Two final points.
                          Corin's did a very good job with a London english accent. It's pretty solid throughout, bar one or two words where he sounds like he's been hanging out at Earl's Court where all the Antipodeans live. Also, it's nice to hear a normal English accent rather than the usual ones of Upper class posh fop, or apples & pears, me old mum, cockney geezer. So he gets double bonus points from me for handling the wandering vowels, and the invisible constanants of the standard London accent.

For the shallow, Corin is shirtless at times. Sadly lighting/camera angles conspire against us.
                          Last edited by smurf; 19 July 2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                            http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...thAQOcap76.jpg
                            Send her a hat? I can do that.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...enAQOcap40.jpg
                            I thought everyone had a Sheppard clone.
                            Not me - don't want one either.

So Jack, Jonas, no need to be jealous here.
                            Last edited by Buc252; 19 July 2006, 05:46 PM.
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by SLBaum
                              "Behave myself with your Jonas" Well that's no fun!
                              SLB, I suppose that means we shouldn't mention the wet boxer short contest held earlier today?

It wasn't the winning that counted . . . it was the joy in the competition. <vbEEg>
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                                SLB, I suppose that means we shouldn't mention the wet boxer short contest held earlier today?

It wasn't the winning that counted . . . it was the joy in the competition. <vbEEg>
                                LOL! We probably shouldn't mention it, but it was just so darn fun that its hard not to talk about it! You know its suppose to be hot again tomorrow. We'll have to think of more fun games with the guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X