Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf
    Same old, same old. Just with added work.

Of course I can post CSI pics.
    I was going to post some myself but thought it would be rude for it to be my first post in a while on poor Jonas' thread.

If you want to snurch my csi pics - clicky
    *drools over pictures* *sigh* He is gorgeous in those.
    Thank ya!! I may just have to snurch some. You are so generous with your caps. . I will have to do it another day though. It is about time to go home. Wish I could stay longer and chat with you, but alas.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
        *drools over pictures* *sigh* He is gorgeous in those.
        Thank ya!! I may just have to snurch some. You are so generous with your caps. . I will have to do it another day though. It is about time to go home. Wish I could stay longer and chat with you, but alas.

Have a good weekend!

Comment

Thanks, Anya! Thanks, smurf!

AQOJoC: I thought that guy would never leave.
          AQOJaC: Me neither.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf

Ahhh, don't be sad. . *big hug* Admiral may be back soon. Thanks for the pics and I hope you have a great weekend too. See ya next week.

Comment

Take care, Anya!

Comment

nell reporting from Shore Leave.....I met Corin this afternoon and he is thunkin' cute!!! Awesome smile! Tomorrow I have a group photo with Corin, Carmen,and Amanda! Tomorrow will be a good day!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Weekend bumpage...

What does a guy have to do to get a mocha latte around here?
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Congratulations Admiral on 20,000 posts!!!

Congratulations Anya on 5,200 posts!!!

Very impressive!!

WOW, that's a lot of posts!
                    Last edited by SLBaum; 08 July 2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone! I saw Corin's Q&A with Carmen. It was funny! He has been so great! He's been joking with me good naturedly all weekend! He loved the dancing banana I made him. He said it was the best and he sat it on his table for the rest of the afternoon. He even mentioned it at the Q&A this afternoon! Admiral, I gave Corin your cookies and he said to tell you thank you very much and he's looking forward to eating some! Janna, Corin said to tell you hello! So a hello to you from Corin. I'll post again soon. I promise! Love you all!

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Glad you're having so much fun, Rachel. See? I told you that dancing banana was adorable.

Try not to forget my shirt, please.

sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Jonas, Jonas, Jonas! What are you doing at the bottom of Page 2?

If you get up, we can go for a swim in the pool! Temperature is 79 degrees!

Yes, Jack can come too. And since it's dark, I'll even make it "swimsuit optional"! <g>
                          - Mary
                          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Thanks, Rachel! Great job reporting in!

I came across this article from the weekend about American Standards...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/bus...html?showAll=y

BR company test screens first film

By CHRIS GAUTREAU
                            Advocate business writer
                            Published: Jul 8, 2006

It wasn’t the flashbulbs, red carpet and glitz of Hollywood, but Baton Rouge was the scene Friday nonetheless of a movie premiere.

About two dozen viewers turned up at The Varsity theater near LSU for a private screening of “The American Standards,” a film starring James Brolin and nearing its final stages of production.

The film’s Baton Rouge producers were seeking critique from the audience before shopping it to distributors in Los Angeles.

“We want good, honest feedback from the general public,” said Roy Harris before he began placing notepads and pens on chairs lined up for the screening.

Skinny Giraffe Films, the production company formed by Harris and business partner Kirk Kepper, financed about half of the $2 million project.

Kepper worked in Los Angeles for several years before returning to Baton Rouge in the late 1990s, while the film is Harris’ first foray into showbiz.

“American Standards” also is the first major project for Skinny Giraffe. Harris said the company was formed to take advantage of Louisiana’s tax-credit program designed to lure film and video productions. “We actually monetized the tax credits and used that as an equity investment in the film,” Harris said.

Under the program, the state gives the production company tax credits valued at 25 percent of production dollars spent inside the state and 10 percent of payroll. Those credits can be used to offset taxes owed, but in most cases the production companies don’t need them so they sell them at a discount to someone who does or to a broker.

“American Standards” was shot last fall in the Natchitoches area after Hurricane Katrina chased the production out of the Baton Rouge area. It was written and directed by Joe Wehinger.

According to a plot summary, Brolin stars as Doc Jennings, whose son returns home and learns of lies, affairs and other secrets harbored by his family.

Brolin’s wife is played by Joanna Cassidy, a veteran of the “Falcon Crest” soap opera on CBS in the 1980s, while Corin Nemec, whose acting credits include big- and small-screen productions, plays their son.

Kepper said producers hope to premiere the film this fall. He said it could hit theaters or go directly to television. Brolin, who also signed on the film as an executive producer, has a deal with CBS, Kepper said.

Kepper said that Skinny Giraffe is taking advantage of the state’s tax-credit program for several other projects:

“The Little Red Tricycle,” a children’s animated series that involves Lafayette artist Virgie Banks.
                            “Bourbon Street,” an 11-episode TV series that Kepper said is being directed by Johnny Coppola, nephew of director Francis Ford Coppola.
                            “Sixers,” a feature film also starring Nemec.
                            “The Parish Files,” which Kepper said would be a $15 million feature-film project.
                            For “American Standards,” however, the producers still have at least a couple more weeks of work.
                            Harris said they’ll be back in Los Angeles Tuesday to resume editing.

They also have to finish work on the film’s musical score.

“Right now, we’re collecting all our notes,” Harris said after the screening Friday. “We’re going to read everything, and hopefully all of it will make this a better film.”

Story originally published in The Advocate

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X