This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    Yes Caty, the Shipper Family thread will be talking about ship and fluff, but the Ship Discussion Thread will only talk about ship. Therefore, that should satisfy those who wish serious Ship Discussion.

Well that's what I understand... if I'm wrong someone correct me please!

Well that's fine but I will only be posting my videos and my gemini and other episodes pics in one thread only ..don't have time to duplicate too much.

Will have to see which one I prefer but I think it will be the Ship Discussion thread for me .

I wish we could go back as before ..I really don't have the time to read through 2 shippy threads to be honest ..and I'm sad to lose any of the others . I even found it hard to catch up with the shippy discussion thread today.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      I think GateGipsy is going to close it sooner I HOPE she said today was the last day in the other thread .......

Right now the other thread has just as much OT as this one so it is the Waiting that is killing me I want to post....but I don't want to post all over
      Oh.I didn't see that post. Oh,crumbs.... I'd better find it.

Well,to try to keep remotely on J/S topic,I watched some of Caty's vids tonight with my bunch.
      Even my son loves "Die Another Day",but I'm the only real Travis fan,so I watched the video all alone .

Edit : Hi Caty,this'll be sorted soon.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
        Oh.I didn't see that post. Oh,crumbs.... I'd better find it.

Well,to try to keep remotely on J/S topic,I watched some of Caty's vids tonight with my bunch.
        Even my son loves "Die Another Day",but I'm the only real Travis fan,so I watched the video all alone .

Edit : Hi Caty,this'll be sorted soon.

F.H BAGPUSS ..So you gonna stay in that thread ..we won't see you over the other side anymore
        Well I just did another video tonight "Everything" lifehouse ...Smallville theme soundtrack ..but it's posted in the other thread because it's pretty serious stuff

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          I think GateGipsy is going to close it sooner I HOPE she said today was the last day in the other thread .......

Right now the other thread has just as much OT as this one so it is the Waiting that is killing me I want to post....but I don't want to post all over
          Perhaps we should issue a safety warning with your posts, Tame! I'd hate to see what happens if you burst waiting to post...with all those naquadah-enhanced green jello squares of lurve!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            F.H BAGPUSS ..So you gonna stay in that thread ..we won't see you over the other side anymore
            Well I just did another video tonight "Everything" lifehouse ...Smallville theme soundtrack ..but it's posted in the other thread because it's pretty serious stuff

Caty
            I'll be over in the main thread soon, Caty ! I'm not in a huff,honest.
            I'm just feeling a bit tired tonight,and a bit angsty....I've overdosed on Fan-fics and vids I think . I must d/l your latest though ...ASAP !

Rewatching "Heroes" this afternoon didn't help.I wanted to rewatch the Shippy moments, Spoilers for Heroes S7
            Spoiler:
            but I got very sad over Janet's death

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              I'll be over in the main thread soon, Caty ! I'm not in a huff,honest.
              I'm just feeling a bit tired tonight,and a bit angsty....I've overdosed on Fan-fics and vids I think . I must d/l your latest though ...ASAP !

Rewatching "Heroes" this afternoon didn't help.I wanted to rewatch the Shippy moments, Spoilers for Heroes S7
              Spoiler:
              but I got very sad over Janet's death

I don't know what huff means!!!

Heroes was
              Spoiler:
              sad ...poor Janet and mostly poor for all the others left behind like cassie , Daniel, Sam , Jack, teal'c and everybody else who knew her and how good she was for the SGC ..don't like the new doc too much ..too serious
              ...I hope you enjoy all the shipy episodes now you are a real SHIPPER. wAY TO GO

Sam and Jack forever together until the end of time

Caty

Comment

Heroes was
                Spoiler:
                sad ...poor Janet and mostly poor for all the others left behind like cassie , Daniel, Sam , Jack, teal'c and everybody else who knew her and how good she was for the SGC ..don't like the new doc too much ..too serious
                ...I hope you enjoy all the shipy episodes now you are a real SHIPPER. wAY TO GO

Caty
                "Huff" means to be upset Caty. (((((FHB))))) isn't in a huff, not upset. You were right in your spoiler Caty. That was really sad. When I see her the older episodes I realize how much she is missed.
                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  Yes Caty, the Shipper Family thread will be talking about ship and fluff, but the Ship Discussion Thread will only talk about ship. Therefore, that should satisfy those who wish serious Ship Discussion.

Well that's what I understand... if I'm wrong someone correct me please!
                  I knew I shouldn't have skipped a day , but what's this with 2 threads ?
                  Wasn't there already a chatter ship thread somewhere ?
                  And where is the line drawn about flufiness in ship?
                  Now I realy will never catch up.

Comment

Heroes was
                    Spoiler:

Caty
                    Originally posted by Critter
                    "Huff" means to be upset Caty. (((((FHB))))) isn't in a huff, not upset. You were right in your spoiler Caty. That was really sad. When I see her the older episodes I realize how much she is missed.
                    Oops ! Sorry Caty,I should have used the word "upset". (Thanks Critter ! )

Oh,I'm a real Shipper,and I love rewatching the eps ,especially with Gatelette,....it's lovely. I want more ! (Parts of New Order and Zero Hour were nice though,IMO . )
                    Spoilers for Heroes
                    Spoiler:

The problem with "Heroes" for me, is I really cared about Janet and Cassie's story arc. So much that it clouds the Shippy bits for me.

Anyway,enough angst ! I've d/loaded your newest video,Caty,and I'll watch with Gatelette first thing tomorrow .

Bliss !!

Originally posted by jafacakes
                    I knew I shouldn't have skipped a day , but what's this with 2 threads ?
                    Wasn't there already a chatter ship thread somewhere ?
                    And where is the line drawn about flufiness in ship?
                    Now I realy will never catch up.
                    ((((((((Jafacakes)))))))
                    I'm not sure how best to explain this objectively,myself ! Best you read Gipsy,Madeleine and Shipperahoy's posts here on this,and the main thread ,and have a good look at the issue for yourself.

Basically the voting options are in the Poll here. Good luck,choosing !
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 October 2004, 04:47 PM. Reason: Adding in reply to jafacakes.... then another edit for typo !

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                      I can do this but what was your first vote for?
                      I want to change mine too. I originally picked 'Keep both threads as they are for now and see what happens', but now I want a 'pro s/j ship discussion thread' & a 'pro s/j ship and chatter thread'.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        I want to change mine too. I originally picked 'Keep both threads as they are for now and see what happens', but now I want a 'pro s/j ship discussion thread' & a 'pro s/j ship and chatter thread'.

Sally
                        But then the family will be divided big time because everybody won't have the time to read both threads which is a real shame ..

....and the trouble came from a newbie who started to post in the shipper thread to say she was not felt welcome .!!!!(Don't get it)....

...so I think the best is to open a thread for the Sam and Jack shipper NEWBIES who are scared or shy to post in our thread and then ...when they feel like they can move on ,..they can join us ....and we could go to their thread to say hello and speak to them ....but not do any OT....I think the old thread was much more fun until that day

and I won't be able to post in both threads anyway ( I had a hard job just catching up on the discussion thread today) and will miss the other part of the family.

I have already noticed the division big time ..and it's really annoying ...The thread was fine until somebody from the outside (with one post) upsetted us ..with a post which was not very nice to read for all shippers .

We always welcomed the newbies ..but if they don't want OT ..then we should create a thread for them first...and the family should stick together . with OT ( cookies, penguins , shipper town fluff sam and Jack ,) and serious shippy sam and Jack discussions because it had never been a problem before that strenuous day and it gives the thread a bit of style .

Caty
                        Last edited by Catysg1; 28 October 2004, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Because it's safe to post this here, I've been wanting to share my joy of this great movie I saw a couple of days ago. It's called K-19: The Widow Maker, with Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson. It's not easy for me to like a movie without a female to live through (and one I like), but this story is so good and so well done that I highly recommend it.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

The poll has closed and as you can see, option 5 has the majority. It is not a clear majority however - nearly as many people voted for option 1 and 2.

Looking at the options, numbers 1 and 2 are really nearly identical, with the main difference being the name. From the results it would seem that quite a lot of people seem to like the thread name S/J Ship Family. So we've started a new poll to see if people do actually want the name changed.

To vote in the new poll click HERE

As we said, we'd go with the majority. Therefore we're going to close this thread. All discussion can continue in the other thread. We'll keep this one up for a while so that people can view the poll. Then we'll either merge it with the other one or archive it, depending on what happens with the new poll.

Thanks for all the time people have taken to put forward their viewpoints on this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X