Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice signature, Nebulan!

Also, the picspams should probably go in spoiler things... this page is one of the ones that opens automatically for me and that can slow it all down, plus from the post above it looks like the admins are cracking down on it...
    Last edited by Jalnor; 06 July 2009, 04:12 PM. Reason: Also

Comment

*pounces* nebulan

Jalnor, I think (if I understood it correctly) that the mods said that picspams are OK in the thunk/appreciation threads without spoilers, as long as the pictures are less than 100k and don't stretch the forum. However, if they annoy people I can put spoilers around them. What do people prefer?

We want spoilers around picspam:

YES:
      NO:

please vote
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

as far as I know, the pictures still load, even if they're in spoiler tags. and yes, I believe Skadi's right, as long as the pictures aren't huge (the number I remember is 75k) the admins are ok with it in thunk threads.

But to help Jalnor out, we could post links instead of pictures?

Comment

I would much prefer it without spoilers, and I am not too fond of the links posting either (I rarely click on them - partly because it's bothersome and partly because my browser has some issue where it often crashes when I click pic-links, but not when they just load. It baffles me to no end why this is the case.) I love seeing the picspams, all pics at the same time, and for me the ads are much slower loading than the pics. But I do understand it's annoying for Jalnor. Perhaps we could make a new Tok'ra thread, just for pics? Then everything else could be posted in this?
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

I agree with Hathor_girl - I love the picspams as well. I'm not sure about the extra thread just for picspams - will the mod let us do that? And do they not belong in this thread, actually? Perhaps we could try with the spoilers and see if it loads quicker for Jalnor that way or if it is as slow as before? If so, we could go with the urls.
            sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
            (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
            Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

also prefer no spolier to spolier - and spolier to url, but do try the spoliers
              sigpic
              Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

well, now that we're on a new page, let's give it a try

A bunch of tok'ra behind spoiler tag:
                Spoiler:

Comment

Hmm... you're right, they do load in the background, they were all there the instant I clicked to show. But against so many who like things done that way, I'll accept it, it's cool.
                  I can find a local solution, like delayed loadup :-)
                  (I have the know-how to find these solutions, so since I'm the only one in need of them, I'll go dig LOL)
                  I'm flattered that you all pitched in with an idea to improve things for me, even though I'm a relative newcomer. Always nice to know you're appreciated!
                  (Damn... on re-read, that looks like sarcasm. But it's honestly not and I'm not sure how to improve it)

Comment

If there's any way to help Jalnor, we will we look out for our fellow snakeheads and potential hosts here

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                    I would much prefer it without spoilers, and I am not too fond of the links posting either (I rarely click on them - partly because it's bothersome and partly because my browser has some issue where it often crashes when I click pic-links, but not when they just load. It baffles me to no end why this is the case.) I love seeing the picspams, all pics at the same time, and for me the ads are much slower loading than the pics. But I do understand it's annoying for Jalnor. Perhaps we could make a new Tok'ra thread, just for pics? Then everything else could be posted in this?
                    What browser are you using? weird that it crashes with pic links. Is it photobucket that it doesn't like? As for the ads, I do have a suggestion if you use Mozilla Firefox for your browser. (I can pm is to you, but I won't post it publicly since I don't want to hurt GW and its finances, but those flash ads are sooo annoying).

(just one pic, hope it doesn't hurt ^^; )

Comment

Jalnor, of course we'll help if we can!

nebulan (and Hathor_girl), I think maybe it could be some combination of Linux and a Firefox-clone that crashes when clicking on pic-links. I've had it happen with Linux Debian and Iceweasel (a Firefox clone-thingie).

Btw. I currently have issues with pdf and most other external viewers on this XP machine - whenever I click one of those, the browser crash instantly. Doesn't matter how many times I've tried reinstalling and upgrading - just have to remember to save and open that instead
                      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I will try and limit my picspams a little, so here comes a small picspam for Khonsu

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                          If there's any way to help Jalnor, we will we look out for our fellow snakeheads and potential hosts here

What browser are you using? weird that it crashes with pic links. Is it photobucket that it doesn't like? As for the ads, I do have a suggestion if you use Mozilla Firefox for your browser. (I can pm is to you, but I won't post it publicly since I don't want to hurt GW and its finances, but those flash ads are sooo annoying).

(just one pic, hope it doesn't hurt ^^; )
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...-6x09-2387.jpg
                          Yes, please pm me - I would like to hear what to do about the ads - my browser often crashes on them as well

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                          Jalnor, of course we'll help if we can!

nebulan (and Hathor_girl), I think maybe it could be some combination of Linux and a Firefox-clone that crashes when clicking on pic-links. I've had it happen with Linux Debian and Iceweasel (a Firefox clone-thingie).

Btw. I currently have issues with pdf and most other external viewers on this XP machine - whenever I click one of those, the browser crash instantly. Doesn't matter how many times I've tried reinstalling and upgrading - just have to remember to save and open that instead
                          That's what I'm running - Linux and Iceweasel! Not sure which Linux version, but I think it's Debian...or maybe Ubuntu. I'll check. I can't do anything about it when I'm at the university, as they are using that and I can't install something differently.

Skadi, did you find any solution to the problem with the crashes? I mean for the pic-links?

I have internet at home, but it is pretty slow and my machine is not the newest, so I usually use the ones at the university.
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Why do you use a clone of Firefox? Is firefox not available where you are? I can't remember off the top of my head where you're from Skadi, was it Sweden? Denmark?

I *heart* Firefox. Tho I have considered trying Chrome, I hear its sweeet.

Comment

I'm in Denmark, Hathor_girl is in Sweden. Firefox is available both places. Iceweasel is used on some Linux Debian systems because that system has done some own changes/additions, I think, and they wanted to do it without having to brand it under Firefox. So they use all of Firefox + a few add-ons. That, at least, is as far as I understand
                              sigpic

Comment

Small Korra picspam

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X