Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
    I think we call those windows "Double Paned" here in the US. Double-Glazed sounds like doughnuts and double layered sounds like cake. mmmmmm
    I'll bear that in mind on my 1st trip to the Krispy Kreme near the hotel, oh, and the Tim Hortons *Homer 'mmmmmm'*
    Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
    STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
      I'm not surprised that the crystals can do that. The data crystals store data in the very molecular structure so it seems fitting that they can reprogram the crystals themselves to do whatever they need.

I think we call those windows "Double Paned" here in the US. Double-Glazed sounds like doughnuts and double layered sounds like cake. mmmmmm

What I find interesting about the pic Skadi posted was that many of the Tok'ra were sporting a greek-ish style. I wonder if they got many host volunteers from a greek-descended colony?

Wow, were is everyone from? Sweden, Denmark, UK...?
      At least in Tok'ra I, in the beginning when we see the flash-back that Sam is having, the Tok'ra seem to be in a place with lots of civilians wearing that garb. No idea if they are refugees the Tok'ra took in, or if they for a short time lived with these people, shared a planet with them, though that doesn't seem to be their style - too dangerous for both the Tok'ra and the human population.
      I guess they could be refugees they saved from a planet the Goa'uld attacked - and then some decided to stay as hosts, or maybe just live with the Tok'ra - though if un-hosted humans lived with the Tok'ra I would assume they would volunteer to host Selmak. More likely some Tok'ra needed hosts after the attack we saw in the flash-back, and some of the refugees? became hosts. And now they have a bunch from that culture.
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Oh - and I am from Denmark, just as GeneralSelmak
        sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Chapter 33 of Compromised is up.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
            Oh - and I am from Denmark, just as GeneralSelmak
            Sweden here - just outside Stockholm

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
            Chapter 33 of Compromised is up.
            Thanks! The story is very good - I am just unable to review. Whenever I click the button it tells me I already reviewed
            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
              At least in Tok'ra I, in the beginning when we see the flash-back that Sam is having, the Tok'ra seem to be in a place with lots of civilians wearing that garb. No idea if they are refugees the Tok'ra took in, or if they for a short time lived with these people, shared a planet with them, though that doesn't seem to be their style - too dangerous for both the Tok'ra and the human population.
              I guess they could be refugees they saved from a planet the Goa'uld attacked - and then some decided to stay as hosts, or maybe just live with the Tok'ra - though if un-hosted humans lived with the Tok'ra I would assume they would volunteer to host Selmak. More likely some Tok'ra needed hosts after the attack we saw in the flash-back, and some of the refugees? became hosts. And now they have a bunch from that culture.
              But Sam saw herself in that garb, as Rosha maybe? So it may be acceptable 'off duty' wear for female Tok'ra? But how do we explain Freya/Anise,then?

And I live in York, in the North of England, Nebulan

Comment

Thanks MerryK. I'll read it this evening

Comment

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
                  But Sam saw herself in that garb, as Rosha maybe? So it may be acceptable 'off duty' wear for female Tok'ra? But how do we explain Freya/Anise,then?

And I live in York, in the North of England, Nebulan
                  probly varies by person, what they like for of-duty.

and I'm in the US - Tampa, Florida
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                    Sweden here - just outside Stockholm

Thanks! The story is very good - I am just unable to review. Whenever I click the button it tells me I already reviewed
                    Yes, same for me as well - started after they made that new review-button. I have only been able to review once after that, on any story Otherwise I get that "you've already reviewed" message. Really strange.
                    sigpic

Comment

Any idea how the Tok'ra get their tunnels started? I mean, how do they get 'down there'. Do they start from the surface and dig down, and then close it up afterwards? Perhaps with the rings? Or do they have some way of putting the rings up first and then somehow sending down a tunnel crystal?
                      sigpic

Comment

I need your help, guys. Jr cannot come to the CreationCon in Vancouver unless Creation actually books him for the Convention. To that end, we're trying to get as many paople as possible to email and ask for him to be booked. It may work, may not, but we all want to try. I'm gonna bring back lots of photos of everything, but it would make my total LIFE if he were there.

the email address is [email protected]

please? If I can ever do anything for anyone here, just ask.

Comment

Tok'ra:

It's fun - they seem to usually send two guards with whomever it is they send to talk to SGC - and they always come walking on a line beside each other
                          sigpic

Comment

Probably the guards are as much for show as anything else. I don't think they are afraid the Tau'ri will trick them, but you just don't send dignitaries/diplomats etc. without attendants/guards - not on Earth either. That's just how it is done. Maybe people think they get to bargain better when it looks at least a little impressive
                            sigpic
                            [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Yes, it is the same as here! As in, only one person (and in the Tok'ra's case 1 symbiote, too) does all the talking whilst the others are just for show

Comment

When I was looking at pictures of symbiotes, I noticed that they seem to be able to retract their 4 long teeth (those used for burrowing into a host, I assume). Sometimes you only see the tip of them, and some times the full lenght. I think this makes a lot of sense, since 1) when outside a host they need to protect them against damage 2) when in a host they don't want the teeth in the hosts brain - if they are shook a little by an accident, they may damage the brain, and that is in no way an advantage for the symbiote either.

Also - they have smaller teeth along the jaw as well (placed like those we have, for instance). I guess this makes sense as well, as those growing up in lakes need teeth to chew their food!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X