Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smilies:

It is Lantash on the left, Jolinar on the right.
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Do you know if she (Rosvka) named herself after Rosha - and just changed the name a little
      sigpic
      button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

aaawww! cute! ^^ the symbionts are sooo cute!

here's my Jalen emot... I made her while at work...

I added a little of her outfit, just cuz she's not one of the most recognizable tokra

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
          Do you know if she (Rosvka) named herself after Rosha - and just changed the name a little
          No. She named herself after Roeskva - a peasant girl in Norse mythology, who became the servant of the god Thor (together with her brother Tjalfe), as punishment. There was a Danish cartoon movie about Valhalla several years ago, and those two children were in it - and very cute. I think the names got fairly popular after that, so I'm not surprised she took the name - probably she saw the movie as a child.

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
          aaawww! cute! ^^ the symbionts are sooo cute!

here's my Jalen emot... I made her while at work...

I added a little of her outfit, just cuz she's not one of the most recognizable tokra
          Very nice Jalen smiley/emot, nebulan!
          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Great Jalen emot, nebulan!
            sigpic
            [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
              Smilies:

It is Lantash on the left, Jolinar on the right.
              Incredibly cute!! I may base the 'squishy' cuddly knitted ones on them
              Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
              STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
                Incredibly cute!! I may base the 'squishy' cuddly knitted ones on them
                Looking forward to seeing them!
                sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                  Looking forward to seeing them!
                  You know you'll all be getting one (or two, or three.......)

Comment

Tok'ra - and one traitor...
                    sigpic

Comment

I am impressed that they can build not just corridors and rooms, but chairs, beds, tables, etc. with the tunnel crystals.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                        I am impressed that they can build not just corridors and rooms, but chairs, beds, tables, etc. with the tunnel crystals.
                        Ah, but do they have double glazing?

Comment

Ah, but do they have double glazing?
                          not sure what that means, but they do look as if they have been glazed? I suppose crystals are a bit shiny in themselves.
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                            not sure what that means, but they do look as if they have been glazed? I suppose crystals are a bit shiny in themselves.
                            Double glazed is when the window has 2 sheets of glass with a gap between them. It keeps heat in.Also good for locking certain Tok'ra in so they have no means of escape *evil laugh*

Comment

Double glazed is when the window has 2 sheets of glass with a gap between them. It keeps heat in.Also good for locking certain Tok'ra in so they have no means of escape *evil laugh*
                              Ah - I would have never guessed They're called 'termoruder' in Danish termo=thermo and ruder is an old word still used as part of some other words, it means vinduer=windows
                              sigpic
                              [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

I'm not surprised that the crystals can do that. The data crystals store data in the very molecular structure so it seems fitting that they can reprogram the crystals themselves to do whatever they need.

I think we call those windows "Double Paned" here in the US. Double-Glazed sounds like doughnuts and double layered sounds like cake. mmmmmm

What I find interesting about the pic Skadi posted was that many of the Tok'ra were sporting a greek-ish style. I wonder if they got many host volunteers from a greek-descended colony?

Wow, were is everyone from? Sweden, Denmark, UK...?

Comment

Working...
                                X