Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
    lol, yeah, I have a lot of crack!ship pairings. Even Ba'al/Adria made it to my sig. I find sometimes I'm a screenshot shipper. I enjoyed trying to find JacobSelmak/Janet caps and Sam/Aldwin caps. But as far as reading fanfic? the only thing I'll jump up and say 'I have to read it!' is Demona/Macbeth (Gargoyles).

lalala. hmm, the quiz. I'm too lazy, what pictures did we decide for everyone? (tries to get it to sort)

update:
    It SORTS!!
    http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/tokra.htm
    (I've like it if people could play with it. there's an error thing I threw in I'd like people to be on the look for that will appear as a popup complaining about spelling)

I'm working on a credit page too. I think Skadi had a list somewhere of who did what?
    http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/credits.htm

blarg... I seem to have lots my list of solutions. my sister might have it cuz she has my laptop, I'll bug her.
    I'll take a look at it later today or tomorrow.
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I'll try the quiz a couple of times and see if something pops up. I just answered it (as truthfully as possible - yup, I swiped the infrared goggles). I got:

Solution:
      MartoufLantash = 6
      SamanthaJolinar = 4
      JolinarRosha = 3
      Egeria = 3
      Jalen = 3
      Persus = 2
      Malek = 2
      Ocker = 2
      Sina = 2
      Zarin = 2
      Korra = 2
      Thoran = 2
      Kelmaa = 2
      Aldwin = 1
      JacobSelmak = 1
      Garshaw = 1
      Renal = 1
      AniseFreya = 1
      Delek = 1
      Khonsu = 1
      Taseem = 0
      Kanan = 0
      Tanith = 0
      Raleigh = 0

I had forgotten how hilarious some of the answers are!
      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

I did it a couple times too...some of those answers had me giggling even though I already knew them. My results were:

Solution:
        Egeria = 4
        JacobSelmak = 3
        SamanthaJolinar = 3
        Jalen = 2
        Sina = 2
        Garshaw = 2
        MartoufLantash = 1
        Ocker = 1
        Korra = 1
        Renal = 1
        Delek = 1
        Kanan = 1
        Khonsu = 0
        Aldwin = 0
        Zarin = 0
        JolinarRosha = 0
        Malek = 0
        AniseFreya = 0
        Persus = 0
        Raleigh = 0
        Thoran = 0
        Taseem = 0
        Tanith = 0
        Kelmaa = 0

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Wait... Nebulan, did you just say blarg? You an RvB fan as well?

Also: About to go try the quiz.

Comment

I'll go take a look as well
            sigpic
            button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

I got Per'sus... though the huge streams of possible answers do make it sort of taxing. It might be worth trying to generalise down more of them and get it towards 5 or 6 answers per question - at the moment, most Googlers will probably give up by question 5.
              Nonetheless, I did like it. Excellent job on that.

Comment

I got Egeria:

Solution:
                Egeria = 5
                Jalen = 4
                Korra = 4
                SamanthaJolinar = 3
                Kelmaa = 3
                JolinarRosha = 2
                MartoufLantash = 2
                Aldwin = 2
                Garshaw = 2
                Renal = 2
                AniseFreya = 2
                Ocker = 2
                Thoran = 2
                Malek = 1
                Zarin = 1
                Khonsu = 1
                Delek = 1
                Sina = 1
                Persus = 1
                JacobSelmak = 0
                Raleigh = 0
                Kanan = 0
                Tanith = 0
                Taseem = 0

Good job on the quiz! Many of the answers are really funny! I can see what Jalnor means, but I don't know which to take out, since the majority are great and fitting on various Tok'ra. Besides...I'm not so sure an average googler would do the quiz anyway - you have to be interested in the Tok'ra and then I think you'll mostly find the answers fun.

I don't think you should remove any of the answers, or at least only a few.

An idea - have you thought of putting up a photo of the Tok'ra you get? And maybe a short text about that person?
                sigpic
                Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

can someone post a link to the quiz?
                  O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                    can someone post a link to the quiz?
                    http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/tokra.htm
                    sigpic
                    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I got Per'sus - but couldn't I just as well have gotten Egeria? Same amount of points? Shouldn't it say 1/2 Egeria, 1/2 Per'sus? Otherwise - I LOVE the answers! Many of them are SO funny

Solution:
                      Persus = 4
                      Egeria = 4
                      Korra = 3
                      Jalen = 3
                      Thoran = 3
                      JolinarRosha = 2
                      MartoufLantash = 2
                      Ocker = 1
                      Khonsu = 1
                      Raleigh = 1
                      Taseem = 1
                      Sina = 1
                      Zarin = 1
                      Garshaw = 1
                      SamanthaJolinar = 1
                      Aldwin = 0
                      Renal = 0
                      AniseFreya = 0
                      JacobSelmak = 0
                      Delek = 0
                      Malek = 0
                      Kanan = 0
                      Tanith = 0
                      Kelmaa = 0
                      sigpic
                      [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                        lol, yeah, I have a lot of crack!ship pairings. Even Ba'al/Adria made it to my sig. I find sometimes I'm a screenshot shipper. I enjoyed trying to find JacobSelmak/Janet caps and Sam/Aldwin caps. But as far as reading fanfic? the only thing I'll jump up and say 'I have to read it!' is Demona/Macbeth (Gargoyles).
                        I've never read much fic either - especially not ship. Actually I've never considered myself a shipper - thought of it as something women did - sorry, no offense meant

However, with all the fics people have been posting links for, I've begun reading it - including the ship-fics...and I actually like many of them. It have gotten to where I actually can see some of the ships when I watch the episodes - I've found I really like the idea of Anise/Freya/Jack.
                        *sigh* My friends would laugh at me - and it's all your fault! (It's OK - I now have a new interest to waste time on - fic-reading...)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Well, some of you might remember me talking a while ago about auditioning for the scientist on Stargate Universe... at long last, the video is complete (you can watch it here in WMV format, nothing else available to me) and uploaded to my site... but I need your opinions... the editing work isn't brilliant, but it's just to give an idea. And I couldn't get anyone to read the "other character" lines, so those are subtitled. Also, excuse the terrible Asgard-beaming. But I do like my go-to-black transition, it's as flawless as I envisioned. Spot the lame topical joke at the end...
                          Subject to comments with which I agree, I'll be sending this off when I get back from work tomorrow.
                          Any suggestions on exactly how to get it to the casting peeps at SGU-HQ in Vancouver?

Also, since I'd rather create the page myself than risk it being done by some scary 12-year-old fangirl (you know it'll happen), you can become a fan of me over here on Facebook.

Comment

@bluemushroom, yes there are short texts that everyone has written up, I just can't find them right now. and we did have some pictures picked out, so I still need to add them.

@GeneralSelmak, yeah, I haven't figured out what to do about duplicates right now. It picks the first one in the list of the random tokra list I use (I think Malek is first and Kelmaa is last...)

@Jalnor, yeah, I feel like the quiz has turned into more a silly fanfic than a real "who are you quiz" since the idea is more just to read all the answers then to really pick the best, lol! and no, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about I say "blarg" cuz it seems like a nice mix between "blah" and "arg", hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                              That's totally OK Everyone here likes Tok'ra, which is what it's all about - I'm sure there are several others in here who don't ship Tok'ra - or who don't ship anyone at all.

I'm the truly weird one - I only ship Tok'ra - and I ship most Tok'ra 'pairings' (menage a troi's, quadrupules....), though Sam/Martouf/Lantash is my favorite. I will read any and all stories that have Tok'ra in them - ship/gen/slash - unless the Tok'ra are treated like Goa'uld or senselessly killed off.

As for the ships you mentioned, nebulan...I've seen a very short Malek/Kelmaa, I've never seen Martouf/Lantash/Anise/Freya - all stories I have seen have him/them hating/fearing her/them (confusing with the Tok'ra - *grins*) - possibly trying to avoid her/their advances...that's sometimes fun to read. I've seen one or two Garshaw/Yosuuf/Jack, but no Jalen/Tanith (I've seen no Tanith ship-stories at all, I think...)
                              Um, add me in there, Skadi! Apart from the odd dawdle onto the Martouf/Sam thread I only 'ship Tok'ra in my story (so far, anyway) as I said, Sam/Jack are in there, byt they had been written as together in the story I'm following on from, so I didn't have a choice in the matter.

All the pairings that have been mentioned sound like fun!
                              Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
                              STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
                                Well, some of you might remember me talking a while ago about auditioning for the scientist on Stargate Universe... at long last, the video is complete (you can watch it here in WMV format, nothing else available to me) and uploaded to my site... but I need your opinions... the editing work isn't brilliant, but it's just to give an idea. And I couldn't get anyone to read the "other character" lines, so those are subtitled. Also, excuse the terrible Asgard-beaming. But I do like my go-to-black transition, it's as flawless as I envisioned. Spot the lame topical joke at the end...
                                Subject to comments with which I agree, I'll be sending this off when I get back from work tomorrow.
                                Any suggestions on exactly how to get it to the casting peeps at SGU-HQ in Vancouver?

Also, since I'd rather create the page myself than risk it being done by some scary 12-year-old fangirl (you know it'll happen), you can become a fan of me over here on Facebook.
                                I cant get it to load/run - will try again on my computer at hoem later today

Yeah- fangirls can be scary!
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Working...
                                X