Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
    ???? Sounds interesting - I may have to give the story a chance again this weekend.
    I stopped reading it the first time—it is interesting once you get to the reveal. Not my favorite, but I'm a little picky with fanfic.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
      I stopped reading it the first time—it is interesting once you get to the reveal. Not my favorite, but I'm a little picky with fanfic.
      I have read through it as well. Yes, it definitively gets better after the reveal It's a little boring up until then, reading about the Tok'ra's attempt to stop the Goa'uld from taking over a planet. However, I guess they would do such things - and it's kinda nice to see something about what they might be doing, when not with SG-1.

I like to read background-stories for characters, especially those we don't know much about. It usually makes the rest of that authors stories better (well, those written about that specific character, after the background story, anyway...)

Never read any for Tok'ra before - does anyone know of others? Perhaps for Jolinar?
      sigpic
      Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
        I like to read background-stories for characters, especially those we don't know much about. It usually makes the rest of that authors stories better (well, those written about that specific character, after the background story, anyway...)

Never read any for Tok'ra before - does anyone know of others? Perhaps for Jolinar?
        I like those kind of stories too, but only if the story connects to what we already know about them. Like for a Martouf story—if if was all about his former life, but nothing about why he became a Tok'ra, I wouldn't be interested.

I had a question: do we ever learn the names of the Tok'ra Council members other than Garshaw, Cordesh, Thoran, and Ren'al? Is Selmak on the Council?

Comment

I like those kind of stories too, but only if the story connects to what we already know about them. Like for a Martouf story—if if was all about his former life, but nothing about why he became a Tok'ra, I wouldn't be interested.
          I agree - why he became Tok'ra? Sure - I'd read it and probly love it, but not before that...except for a little to set up the story, I guess.

I had a question: do we ever learn the names of the Tok'ra Council members other than Garshaw, Cordesh, Thoran, and Ren'al? Is Selmak on the Council?
          Yes, Selmak is on the councel - pretty sure of it. I think they say so (is why he's mad in deathknell that they didnt tell him)

Guessing Per'sus is on the coucel too, since he is grand coucillor or something.
          sigpic
          Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Oh, forgot - nasty Delek is on the coucel to
            sigpic

Comment

PRESHIP/UST/INTEREST FROM ONE OR MORE OF THE PARTICIPANTS

S/M

Best:

Fugitive. AU of the episode In the Line of Duty what would have happened if Jolinar had found the ash'rak before he found her... PG http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3520271/1/Fugitive

Patience. Martouf's inner turmoil with Lantash over their feelings for Sam. Pre Divide and Conquer. G http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4237686/1/Patience

OK/Good:

Can't Forget. Missing scene, D&C. PG http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1284224/1/Cant_Forget

So Hard To Say Goodbye. Sam reflects on Martouf/Lantash a few years after D&C. PG13 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2055206/...to_Say_Goodbye

Not so good:

COFFEE. Martouf is being extremely cute and has to flee when Sam tries to seduce him. Humour/somewhat crackfic PG13 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2044617/1/COFFEE

S/J

OK/Good:

Parental Instincts. After Jacob takes Re’tu Charlie to live with the Tok’ra, Jack & Sam learn the results of Ret'u Charlie's DNA test and make a decision that will alter their relationship forever. PG http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3462959/...ntal_Instincts

Not so good: (slandering the Tok'ra...)

How Much Longer. Tag for Allegiance. The use of a zatarc detector and an annoying Tokra (when are they not annoying!), force Sam and Jack to confront some of what happened when they last used the zatarc detector. PG http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3810173/1/How_Much_Longer
              sigpic
              Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
                Just a thought... you're probably pasting exactly from elsewhere, but Kanaan is Teyla's guy. Kanan was the symbiote.
                I know. I am just posting what I got from Roeskva, and she said she had generally just taken the summary that the author had put there, and not changed it in any way. I should probably have fixed spelling errors, though...
                sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Chapter 19 of Compromised is up.

Comment

Hey guys. I was just surfing by and glanced at your list of fics. It reminded me of an excellent (IMO of course) fic I read about Jack and Kanan. I looked back a few pages, and didn't see it mentioned, so I thought I'd post it, in case some of you might not have seen it.

Walked Right Out of the Machinery, by Rydra Wong. Goes AU at Abyss. Very AU.

It's long, and at first it's a little confusing, but stick with it and all becomes clear. Hope some of you might enjoy it, if you haven't seen it already.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      Hey guys. I was just surfing by and glanced at your list of fics. It reminded me of an excellent (IMO of course) fic I read about Jack and Kanan. I looked back a few pages, and didn't see it mentioned, so I thought I'd post it, in case some of you might not have seen it.

Walked Right Out of the Machinery, by Rydra Wong. Goes AU at Abyss. Very AU.

It's long, and at first it's a little confusing, but stick with it and all becomes clear. Hope some of you might enjoy it, if you haven't seen it already.

I hadn't seen it before (and have now finished reading it - it was indeed very long). I have put spoilers around my comments about the story.

Spoiler:
                      The story is very good - the only thing I didn't quite like was the - sometimes - unfriendly characterization of the Tok'ra and the treatment of them. I do realize they are described and treated that way in later seasons of the show
                      But it was still a very well written story, and very interesting - enough that I read it in one setting, with only food and bathroom breaks At least it ends with hope for a continued alliance and understanding of the Tok'ra, even by O'Neill. Since it is seen mostly from the POV of O'Neill, I suppose this is how he would look at it - a very good and precise characterization of him, by the way.
                      I so wish the show had continued the Tok'ra as they were in seasons 2 and 3 - as the good guys *snif*

Thanks for posting the link!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                        I hadn't seen it before (and have now finished reading it - it was indeed very long). I have put spoilers around my comments about the story.

Spoiler:
                        The story is very good - the only thing I didn't quite like was the - sometimes - unfriendly characterization of the Tok'ra and the treatment of them. I do realize they are described and treated that way in later seasons of the show
                        But it was still a very well written story, and very interesting - enough that I read it in one setting, with only food and bathroom breaks At least it ends with hope for a continued alliance and understanding of the Tok'ra, even by O'Neill. Since it is seen mostly from the POV of O'Neill, I suppose this is how he would look at it - a very good and precise characterization of him, by the way.
                        I so wish the show had continued the Tok'ra as they were in seasons 2 and 3 - as the good guys *snif*

Thanks for posting the link!

You're welcome, and
                        Spoiler:
                        I apologize that it wasn't quite so positive a portrayal. That occurred to me later, but at the time I was just thinking, oh hey, I know a Jack and Kanan story.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't know if this is the place to ask, but...maybe you guys know

I was discussing ships with a friend and we ended up talking about Goa'uld/Tok'ra.

She says there are canon evidence that the snakes have/want relationships with each other or even humans. That sounds idiotic since they are asexual. Besides, why would a snake want a human? Or one of their own, for that matter. Especially the Tok'ra don't seem interested in anything but their fight.

I can't remember seeing any Goa'uld or Tok'ra having a relationship - and most certainly not any of them feeling love and/or desire for someone not Goa'uld/Tok'ra.
                          I know there is Ba'al pretending to want Vala in an episode, but that's just pretending, I think.

What do you say?

Comment

Originally posted by LtKatia View Post
                            Don't know if this is the place to ask, but...maybe you guys know

I was discussing ships with a friend and we ended up talking about Goa'uld/Tok'ra.

She says there are canon evidence that the snakes have/want relationships with each other or even humans. That sounds idiotic since they are asexual. Besides, why would a snake want a human? Or one of their own, for that matter. Especially the Tok'ra don't seem interested in anything but their fight.

I can't remember seeing any Goa'uld or Tok'ra having a relationship - and most certainly not any of them feeling love and/or desire for someone not Goa'uld/Tok'ra.
                            I know there is Ba'al pretending to want Vala in an episode, but that's just pretending, I think.

What do you say?
                            That your friend is right. We have seen both Goa'uld and Tok'ra show feelings and desire. Also - I don't think they said that the symbiotes were asexual, but that they are genderless (except for the queens). That is not the same. Besides, they usually assume the gender of the host/have a preference for gender.

Anyway...I will make a list...

-Apophis (Goa'uld) certainly seems interested in looking at human females in "Children of the Gods". He has a priceless expression! Besides, he loves his queen. It is quite obvious, and he states it at least once.

-Bynarr (Goa'uld) certainly seems to...enjoy...Jolinar/Rosha (Tok'ra symbiote/host) when they are stranded on Netu, and it is hinted that he loved them.

-As for Jolinar/Rosha...they had a ~100 year relationship with Lantash.

-Jolinar loved Martouf/Lantash (Tok'ra host/symbiote)...and they loved her (since Martouf obviously loved Jolinar, there are humans loving symbiotes)

-Martouf/Lantash has feelings for Samantha Carter, even though she is no longer a host. It is stated that Lantash loves her as much as he loved Jolinar...and since Martouf/Lantash has stated they love as one...etc.

-As for Ba'al? No idea, but I do think he is/was interested in Vala. He certainly liked Qetesh/Vala enough to force them to be his queen in the alternate timeline of "Continuum".

There are probably more examples, but I think I have proven quite thoroughly...that I don't have a life!

-Skadi
                            sigpic

Comment

Lotsa great fic, guys! Thanx for posting! Do you have any fic with Selmak? Ship preferably, but Gen is OK too.
                              sigpic
                              [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                                I have read a bunch of them, but I don't remember the titles right now - I'll look at them later - I can probably remember which I liked when I see them again. Any special subject? Gen? Ship? - and if ship, which pairing?

-Skadi
                                Eh...anything, basically, as long as its good Ship would be good - S/M or Malek/other or Jacob/Selmak/someone
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X