Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
    Speaking of which, I promise I'll make every effort to have 17 done this week ;-)
    Looknig forward to it! I like your new sig

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
    Chapter 11 of Compromised is uploaded (LJ , FF.net)
    Thanks! Will go read now
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Great chapter, MerryK!

Symbiotica has went bananas! After no stories posted since June, there are now 5 posted in just over 2 weeks - and 4 about Tok'ra queens. Three seems to have the same idea, so I suspect they are answers to plot bunnies? They all state "answer to the 2008 challenge" or something. Anyway - it's great
      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

I'm also happy to have lotsa fic to read

This makes me think of something, though. How do you guys feel about reviewing? I usually never reviews, no matter how good a story is. I know this is probably not so nice, but I usually find it difficult to think of anything to say except "good story" and that seems stupid. From how few reviews stories usually have (unless they're Sam/Jack) I guess most people either agree with me and don't know what to say or just can't be bothered.

What do you think?
        sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
        (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
        Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
          I'm also happy to have lotsa fic to read

This makes me think of something, though. How do you guys feel about reviewing? I usually never reviews, no matter how good a story is. I know this is probably not so nice, but I usually find it difficult to think of anything to say except "good story" and that seems stupid. From how few reviews stories usually have (unless they're Sam/Jack) I guess most people either agree with me and don't know what to say or just can't be bothered.

What do you think?
          I agree you SHOULD review, but I never do, hoping other people do instead...yeah, I know... Not very sensible.

Some of my favorite authors haven't posted in ages - and they usually only got one or two reviews. I'm thinking that may be one of the reasons.

Who want to continue writing if you never get any feedback - or only get nasty feedback. That seems to be what Sam/Martouf writers usually get, from what I've seen - and one I've talked to.
          Even if I could write I would never dare publish such a story for fear of MAJOR flaming So...my 2 cents...you should...but I don't
          sigpic
          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

I suppose even just leaving a brief comment like the day's variation on "I like it" is better than nothing ;-) If you're stuck for a different way to say it, ask yourself (or Google, I suppose) what a LOLcat might say. Usually does the trick LOL

A friend of mine made the signature, I'm rather pleased with it :-D

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
              Hello Just found this thread. I like the Tok'ra a lot. Would absolutely be a host. Freya/Anise are my favorite Tok'ra
              Ah! Great minds think alike! Freya/Anise is my favorite female Tok'ra as well. Good to see a new face, BlueMushroom! You're very welcome here.

Comment

What do you think?
                Oh yes, definitely. As an author, I'm very familiar with reviews. Basically, about 1 in every 50 readers will leave a comment if your story is fairly well trafficked. I've heard the ratio go to 1 in a 100 from other authors. I even get more people marking my story as a favorite or putting it on their subscription than actual reviews, which is weird.

I even prefer negative feedback to nothing, and "good story" is a perfectly acceptable comment.

As a reader, though, I do find it hard to leave a review for everything I like. A lot of times it's because it's an older story, but sometimes I just don't feel like it. If I know the author personally, though, I definitely review—just a personal rule of mine.

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                Some of my favorite authors haven't posted in ages - and they usually only got one or two reviews. I'm thinking that may be one of the reasons.

Who want to continue writing if you never get any feedback - or only get nasty feedback. That seems to be what Sam/Martouf writers usually get, from what I've seen - and one I've talked to.
                Even if I could write I would never dare publish such a story for fear of MAJOR flaming So...my 2 cents...you should...but I don't
                As long as people still read my stories, I'll be confident in posting even if I don't get verbal feedback. Most story archives have a way for you to see how many times people read each chapter, so that helps when people don't review.

As for flaming, I've posted some slightly edgy material before (in other fandoms) and haven't gotten a flame. Even when I posted my Sam/Martouf from Martouf's point of view, I only got one Sam/Jack commenter who was quite nice and said it was "interesting". I've also seen several other stories with minor ships that didn't get any flames or comments from other shippers. Personally, I'm not afraid of major flaming when I post stories.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I don't read fic, but don't you guys post the pairing for all to see before they read? Why would they flame a story for being Sam/Martouf if they knew going into it was sam/martouf?

I don't fic, but I do vid. I rather like getting just a simple "cool" that lets me know they watched it, and didn't get bored with it after the first 30 seconds. I unfortunately have trouble giving feedback. I just don't have the heart to say "did you actually try to line up the scenes with the words or beat at all?!" and instead just say "neat concept".

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                    I don't read fic, but don't you guys post the pairing for all to see before they read? Why would they flame a story for being Sam/Martouf if they knew going into it was sam/martouf?

I don't fic, but I do vid. I rather like getting just a simple "cool" that lets me know they watched it, and didn't get bored with it after the first 30 seconds. I unfortunately have trouble giving feedback. I just don't have the heart to say "did you actually try to line up the scenes with the words or beat at all?!" and instead just say "neat concept".
                    Well, I have talked with an author who writes Sam/Martouf fic. She puts it in the header, but is still flamed - things like "we don't want to read about people doing it with snakes" and "Marty was the creepiest guy on the show - Sam would never touch him" - as well as way worse things. I've seen that in several reviews for other such stories, even if it's in the header. Apparently people hate it enough that they go and read it just to say they hate it
                    sigpic
                    button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

That's what I've seen as well - mostly on ff.net, but a few other places as well. Oh, well...people are strange. I'd personally never read a story about a pairing or group of people I knew I hated, just to flame it...but...to each their own.

Anyway, I will try to remember to review fics and vids...

As for vids - do you know of any Tok'ra vids? I mean general 'Tok'ra are cool' vids - not ship vids.
                      sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                      (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                      Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

I've never read much fic - I'll probably read the ones linked here, though
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

That's what I've seen as well - mostly on ff.net, but a few other places as well. Oh, well...people are strange. I'd personally never read a story about a pairing or group of people I knew I hated, just to flame it...but...to each their own.

Anyway, I will try to remember to review fics and vids...

As for vids - do you know of any Tok'ra vids? I mean general 'Tok'ra are cool' vids - not ship vids.
                          There are two Tok'ra vids on Kawoosh

http://www.kawoosh.co.uk/worm.php?ho...blished=Tok'ra

They are the only ones I've ever found.

Skadi
                          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

But a search on youtube turned up this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfSc11Ehhd4
                            sigpic

Comment

That rebellion vid was cool, wish it was longer. I dunno, if I ever find a good song, maybe I'll do a tok'ra vid, but I'm trying (and failing) to get away from stargate vidding right now and focus on other fandom vidding (namely gargoyles right now).

not to mention that tokra quiz, haha! actually, I can work on that today since I finished up that Woolsey vid for the kawoosh contest.

Yeah, for vids and shipping a lot of times I'll get "I don't like that ship but... it was nice" kind of comments a lot. but with vids, like if they're to an angsty song, even I like to view vids for ships I don't support. I just can't sit through a sappy vid for a ship I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                                Yeah, for vids and shipping a lot of times I'll get "I don't like that ship but... it was nice" kind of comments a lot. but with vids, like if they're to an angsty song, even I like to view vids for ships I don't support. I just can't sit through a sappy vid for a ship I don't like.
                                I agree—sappy fics/vids/threads for ships I really don't support are the one thing in fandom that gets me all in a tizzy.

Wow, that Tok'ra Rebellion video was amazing! What a great one! Makes me wish even more that we had gotten more from the Tok'ra's point of view.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X