No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, ff.net does that to my browser to - or it just hangs.

I'm not too fond of that story - those aliens talking from time to time (or whatever they are) make it a bit weird - somewhat like Asimov, and that's NOT good in my book. Too angsty also - I prefer it more fluffy
    sigpic
    button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

here were my comments that didn't send properly to my self for some reason, I had more but I'll just stick with the ones that I think are too similar between the two questions:

kanan:
      5. hobbies/interests do you have?
      Kanan: Courting attractive human slaves.
      8. If you could take some time off from fighting the Goa'uld, were would you
      go and what would you do?
      Kanan: Rescuing attractive lo'tars

Too similar, if we keep them separate, "if you had some time" could be
      changed to "rescuing slaves" and that would be an "aww" reaction out of me
      :-)

Jacob:
      Jacob/Selmak: Teasing Tok'ra
      Jacob/Selmak: The Tauri, for one of their nice island vacations

I like both, they're good. I would kinda like to see one answer for 8 being "spend time
      with our host's family". It fits best for Jacob, but it doesn't have to be.
      Unfortunately we don't know anything about any of the other Tok'ra's
      families. Joining the Tok'ra isn't like joining the Jedi, you don't have to
      discontinue any family relationships and never get married *stupid rule,
      hopefully Luke fixes that with the new order, but I've never read any of the
      books so I don't know*

martouf/lantash:
      Martouf/Lantash: Seducing Samantha.
      Martouf/Lantash: Visit the Tau'ri and spend time with Samantha.

Too similar. I would be amused if the second one was changed to "Visiting
      the Tau'ri and hanging out with SG1". But if we combine, I say go with the
      first one, it's more amusing.

Egeria:
      Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld.
      Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld is my life - I can not just take a vacation
      from it.

If we don't combine, maybe we can we can word the first one so it sounds
      more. fun? "I enjoy watching Goauld lords crumble as I try to break their
      support er something with something oh I'm so not a good writer.. if we do
      combine, it'll depend on how we word the new question as to which we keep.

On tanith's I can try to make them a little more different.

For the talking ones... could these ones for this question "4. You would
      define the relationship between the symbiote and the host as..." be less
      um... talking focused?

Aldwin: My symbiote is shy, so I am always the one to talk to the Tau'ri. Of
      course, we agree on everything I say.
      (Actually, I like this one for the answer to the talking question... but is
      it how he would "define the relationship between host and symbiote"?

Malek: I am usually in control, but I respect my host and would let him/her
      talk if he/she wanted to.
      Zarin: The symbiote has control mostly, at least when we are on missions.

(is that control in everything or just talking... yes I know we don't know,
      but it's up to the writer's interpretation of the character)

Garshaw, Ren'aul: We have a harmonic, fully symbiotic relationship. My host
      is usually relatively quiet, but friendly, while I, the symbiote, am usually
      in control, and I am somewhat more harsh.
      (actually, I think this one works)

I hope those made sense. I thought I had some questions for the other one but my brain is all scattered...

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
        Jacob:
        Jacob/Selmak: Teasing Tok'ra
        Jacob/Selmak: The Tauri, for one of their nice island vacations

I like both, they're good. I would kinda like to see one answer for 8 being "spend time
        with our host's family". It fits best for Jacob, but it doesn't have to be.
        Unfortunately we don't know anything about any of the other Tok'ra's
        families. Joining the Tok'ra isn't like joining the Jedi, you don't have to
        discontinue any family relationships and never get married *stupid rule,
        hopefully Luke fixes that with the new order, but I've never read any of the
        books so I don't know*
        Good points...I like your change for #8.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I made a Tok'ra Appreciation group, if any of you are interested... http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=76

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
            martouf/lantash:
            Martouf/Lantash: Seducing Samantha.
            Martouf/Lantash: Visit the Tau'ri and spend time with Samantha.

Too similar. I would be amused if the second one was changed to "Visiting
            the Tau'ri and hanging out with SG1". But if we combine, I say go with the
            first one, it's more amusing.
            I agree, if you combine, go with the first one. We also want the answers to be fun.

Egeria:
            Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld.
            Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld is my life - I can not just take a vacation
            from it.

If we don't combine, maybe we can we can word the first one so it sounds
            more. fun? "I enjoy watching Goauld lords crumble as I try to break their
            support er something with something oh I'm so not a good writer.. if we do
            combine, it'll depend on how we word the new question as to which we keep.
            Maybe "I enjoy watching the power of the Goa'uld system lords crumble"?

-Skadi
            sigpic
            Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
              I agree, if you combine, go with the first one. We also want the answers to be fun.

Maybe "I enjoy watching the power of the Goa'uld system lords crumble"?

-Skadi
              I like that!
              sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Has it ever been said when Egeria turned against Ra and started the Tok'ra? Or do we go by the story of Egeria being the wife and advisor of the second king of Rome (Numa Pompilius, died 673 BC), and assume she were really Egeria the Tok'ra in the SG universe? I think in mythology she is supposed to be a water nymph (she gave wisdom to those that asked her and was protector of women in childbirth), which I guess isn't too bad given symbiotes is at least somewhat aquatic, Egeria is wise, and probably had LOTS of offspring

-Skadi
                sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                  Has it ever been said when Egeria turned against Ra and started the Tok'ra? Or do we go by the story of Egeria being the wife and advisor of the second king of Rome (Numa Pompilius, died 673 BC), and assume she were really Egeria the Tok'ra in the SG universe? I think in mythology she is supposed to be a water nymph (she gave wisdom to those that asked her and was protector of women in childbirth), which I guess isn't too bad given symbiotes is at least somewhat aquatic, Egeria is wise, and probably had LOTS of offspring

-Skadi
                  Coolness! I like that Egeria of Stargate actually fits quite nicely with real/myth Egeria Don't think we know when she truly became Tok'ra, though it is probably at most 2000 years ago, since Selmak was the oldest, and she was only 2000 (and she could even have been a renegade Goa'uld - I've seen people say that several times, just as for Jolinar and Garshaw).

The Tok'ra is actually a very young bunch then - most powerful Goa'uld/System Lords seem to be much older - on the scale of 6000-10000 years. I wonder if the Goa'uld still thinks they are in their young, rebellious phase and will settle down when they mature
                  sigpic
                  button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                    Coolness! I like that Egeria of Stargate actually fits quite nicely with real/myth Egeria Don't think we know when she truly became Tok'ra, though it is probably at most 2000 years ago, since Selmak was the oldest, and she was only 2000 (and she could even have been a renegade Goa'uld - I've seen people say that several times, just as for Jolinar and Garshaw).

The Tok'ra is actually a very young bunch then - most powerful Goa'uld/System Lords seem to be much older - on the scale of 6000-10000 years. I wonder if the Goa'uld still thinks they are in their young, rebellious phase and will settle down when they mature
                    what a great idea! I can just see the Goa'uld dissing the Tok'ra 'kiddies' hahah

-Snotr
                    sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                    (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                    Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

I love how they research so much to make things fit.

Yeah the Tok'Ra are pretty young, but they still kick butt.
                      O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                        Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                        what a great idea! I can just see the Goa'uld dissing the Tok'ra 'kiddies' hahah

-Snotr

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                        I love how they research so much to make things fit.

Yeah the Tok'Ra are pretty young, but they still kick butt.
                        They kick SERIOUS butt
                        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Just bumping this thread with some TOK'RA PICS!

Come on! Someone post some better pics Or say something
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                            Just bumping this thread with some TOK'RA PICS!
                            Come on! Someone post some better pics Or say something
                            I don't have any pics...but I'm aching to discuss some Tok'ra.

In a different thread, someone said that they thought that Jolinar was exploiting SG1 in In the Line of Duty. Basically that she was "hitting below the belt" for her own purpose, and didn't care if she damaged anyone on her way out. Now, I'm not saying that Jolinar is the most diplomatic (but hey, that's why I like her ) but my impression of her was that she would have carried through on her promises, so therefore they weren't exploitation, just manipulation.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                              I don't have any pics...but I'm aching to discuss some Tok'ra.

In a different thread, someone said that they thought that Jolinar was exploiting SG1 in In the Line of Duty. Basically that she was "hitting below the belt" for her own purpose, and didn't care if she damaged anyone on her way out. Now, I'm not saying that Jolinar is the most diplomatic (but hey, that's why I like her ) but my impression of her was that she would have carried through on her promises, so therefore they weren't exploitation, just manipulation.
                              I never thought Jolinar exploited them - she did what she had to do, because she had important information for her people (and possible she panicked). I have never doubted that she would keep her promises. I believe her when she says she knew where Sha're/Amaunet was (and the Tok'ra would have been able to remove the Goa'uld, thus helping her). I also believe she would have left Sam if she didn't want to stay her host. She did die to save Sam's life. OK - I admit that Jolinar is one of my favorite characters of SG, but I really do believe she was sincere.

I wish someone would write an AU where she survives. I wonder if Sha're would then have been saved? Hmmm...it could be interesting to play with. Perhaps I should go and post this idea as a plot-bunny. I've posted a few of my other ideas in various places, and I think someone said they would write one of them *hopes*

Here are a few Tok'ra pictures for Hathor_girl and everyone else

-Skadi
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Skadi!

I agree. Jolinar didn't want to exploit them. She did what she had to do, and she would keep her word.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X