No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the two sidebanners - don't know about the topbanner, but I agree that it's good to have Egeria in one of them, and there isn't room in the sidebanners, so...

-Snotr
    sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
    (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
    Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Oh, I put the new graphics up, what do you think?
      http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/tokra.htm
      Ok, for question 3, I combined JolinarRosha, Jalen and Egeria to: (lemme know if you don't like it, I'll gladly change it back)
      Give them the intel and any other information that would be important.

And I think Khonsu could be combined, I was thinking with either Zarin, or Ocker, depending on how helpful he is... I haven't seen Other Guys in a while, I don't remember what he was like...

Ok, here's question 4, I combined a bunch into the Harmonic/Symbiotic option

Jalen: Per'sus: Ocker: Korra: Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Martouf/Lantash: Egeria: Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Harmonic and fully symbiotic. Host and symbiote are equals..
      Kelmaa: We do nothing without each other's full support.
      Jacob/Selmak: Uniquely equal, as we seem to equally share the body—in mind we are usually as one.
      Dr. Raleigh: We make a good team.
      Sina: We're pretty good pals.
      Ta’seem: A strong sense of respect. What our host is willing to give to is far more than we symbiotes could ever give back.
      Malek: I am usually in control, but I respect my host and would let him/her talk if he/she wanted to.
      Aldwin: My symbiote is shy, so I am always the one to talk to the Tau'ri. Of course, we agree on everything I say.
      Zarin: The symbiote has control mostly, at least when we are on missions.
      Garshaw, Ren'aul: We have a harmonic, fully symbiotic relationship. My host is usually relatively quiet, but friendly, while I, the symbiote, am usually in control, and I am somewhat more harsh.
      Anise/Freya: We have a harmonic relationship and agree on most. However, we sometimes disagree on which men are attractive. Of course, if deeper feelings are involved, we feel the same, just as all other Tok'ra.
      Samantha/Jolinar: We had some disagreements at first, but we now have a fully symbiotic relationship.
      Delek: I am usually in control, but I respect my host and allow him control in situations where it is appropriate. Fortunately, he understands that there are some Tok'ra matters where the symbiote should be the one to handle things.
      Thoran: I am almost always in control, at least when it comes to matters important to the Tok'ra, but my host can have control if he should want to.
      Kanan: I surpress my host totally, but only in situations where I know best.
      Tanith: The host is just a tool to be used by the symbiote.

For Anise/Freya, what about changing " which men are attractive" to "trivial matters"? lol!

uh yeah... other than that, check wording I guess and make sure you like how I combined things?

oh by the way, since my sister occasionally disappears from exsistance, she probably won't know I'm linking this (I can't post because it breaks some gateworld rules)
      http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...Continuum1.jpg

and cuz random pics make me happy:
      Last edited by nebulan; 14 May 2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
        Ok, for question 3, I combined JolinarRosha, Jalen and Egeria to: (lemme know if you don't like it, I'll gladly change it back)
        Give them the intel and any other information that would be important.

And I think Khonsu could be combined, I was thinking with either Zarin, or Ocker, depending on how helpful he is... I haven't seen Other Guys in a while, I don't remember what he was like...

Ok, here's question 4, I combined a bunch into the Harmonic/Symbiotic option

For Anise/Freya, what about changing " which men are attractive" to "trivial matters"? lol!

uh yeah... other than that, check wording I guess and make sure you like how I combined things?

oh by the way, since my sister occasionally disappears from exsistance, she probably won't know I'm linking this (I can't post because it breaks some gateworld rules)
        http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...Continuum1.jpg

and cuz random pics make me happy:
        I agree on those you combined. I think Khonsu was pretty helpful - he wanted to risk his life (and died for it...) to meet with SG-1 and exchange information, and he was cooperating with several free Jaffa, so I guess he likes both the Tok'ra-Tau'ri alliance and the Tok'ra-Free Jaffa one...

Difficult to tell how host/symbiote relationship is for undercover Tok'ra. Since they have to pretend to be Goa'uld, we naturally don't hear the host much...I suggest giving them the benefit of the doubt and assume they have a good relationship.

Lol - I like your suggestion for Anise/Freya and it also hides it a little bit better that it's them.

Great pic! Both the one you posted and the link.
        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

The quiz-page looks good, nebulan. I like the new graphics

I agree with Hathor_girl - do make the combines/merges you suggest, and change for Anise/Freya.

-Skadi
          sigpic
          Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Sweet! Looking good, looking good...

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Ok, question 5: Which hobbies/interests do you have?

Garshaw: Knitting
              Aldwin: Making paper planes
              Malek: Wind surfing
              Anise/Freya: MEN, shopping, fashion
              Ta'seem: When I get time I've dabbled in cooking some.
              Jalen: Watching romantic comedies.
              Ren'aul: Reading romance novels.
              Kanan: Courting attractive female lo'tars
              Jacob/Selmak: Teasing Tok'ra
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha:
              Our mate.
              Martouf/Lantash: Seducing Samantha.
              Dr. Raleigh
              : A good game of sports once in a while.
              Samantha/Jolinar: Astrophysics.
              Kelmaa: I collect molds, spores and fungus.
              Per'sus: Making fun of Goa'uld politics with fellow Tok'ra.
              Sina: Finding new and creative ways to undermine the Goa’uld.
              Zarin: interrogating (attractive?) Jaffa.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: It is regrettable, but to maintain my cover,
              I have to bed the local peasant girls. Still, they are better off with me.
              Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld.
              Korra: Designing better suicide pills and methods for Tok'ra operatives.
              Thoran: having heated arguments with stupid Tau'ri.
              Delek: Plotting for power...I mean, thinking of ways to further the Tok'ra cause.
              Tanith: Plotting the destruction of the Jaffa, Tau'ri and T-... er, I mean petting kittens.
              Ocker: "Mak tal shree!" (I need not answer you, Defiler)
              my suggested changes:
              change "female lo'tars" to "human slaves". Change "peasant girls" to "peasants". Remove "pills and" from Korra, lol, how morbid! Add "Attractive" to Zarin. what do you think?

compare to 8. If you could take some time off from fighting the Goa'uld, were would you go and what would you do?
              (not sorted)
              Malek: Killing Jaffa
              Aldwin: Forcing my symbiote to talk to strangers
              Garshaw: Dreaming about that handsome human, O'Neill
              Thoran: I don't want time off - the Tok'ra cause is my life!
              Zarin: I relax as an undercover Goa'uld
              Kanan: Rescuing attractive lo'tars
              Jacob/Selmak: The Tauri, for one of their nice island vacations
              Anise/Freya: Pursuing interesting men
              Korra: Practicing my Goa'uld imitation for my next mission
              Delek: I do not take time off - my work is far too important
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Wander along the beach of a beautiful ocean.
              Martouf/Lantash: Visit the Tau'ri and spend time with Samantha.
              Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld is my life - I can not just take a vacation from it.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I relax when I am undercover as a Goa'uld. That is enough.
              Samantha/Jolinar: Spend more time on our research.
              Jalen: Alkesh joyriding.
              Per'sus: Enjoy some one on one time with just my host and my symbiote learning more about galactic history.
              Ren'aul: Attending informative scientific seminars.
              Tanith: Try to kill off more treacherous Jaffa, Tau'ri and T-... er.. I mean underwater basket weaving.
              Dr. Raleigh: We’d love to spend some quality time with friends and fellow Tok’ra.
              Ta’seem: Work on fixing the other problems in our galaxy.
              Ocker: Go over the security of the base - maybe something can be improved
              What do you think? could these two questions be combined? (I'm fine with combining mine because there seems to be one or the other I don't like anyway, lol!0

Comment

oh yeah, and there was some similarity from 4 to question 21.... I guess some of us interpreted the question differently.

21. In what situations would your host or your symbiote be most likely to do all the talking?

Malek: I, the symbiote, always do the talking
                Aldwin: I am the host, and I am always the one talking
                Garshaw: Usually the symbiote talks, but the host will sometimes talk, to offer a more friendly viewpoint to the Tau'ri, or to explain something to them.
                Thoran: I, the symbiote, always do the talking.
                Zarin: I, the symbiote, usually do the talking.
                Kanan: I surpress the host totally, so it is always the symbiote that does the talking.
                Jacob/Selmak: The host does the talking on the Tauri, but my symbiote is most likely to speak among Tok'ra and on missions
                Anise/Freya: The symbiote is usually the one talking when we give the Tau'ri information, but the host will assume control from time to time to make sure they don't get the wrong impression
                Korra: The host, mostly, but the symbiote talks on missions and such.
                Delek: I am in control in all matters important to the Tok'ra and when we deal with the Tau'ri, and on missions.
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: When we are on missions and pretend to be a Goa'uld, the symbiote does all the talking. With our mate we are equally likely to speak. In dealings with humans the host may be more likely to talk.
                Martouf/Lantash: The symbiote would do all the talking when we pretend to be Goa'uld. When dealing with humans the host is mostly the one talking, though the symbiote also talks sometimes.
                Egeria: When pretending to be Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking. In dealings important to the Tok'ra, the symbiote would often be, though the host would also sometimes be.
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: When pretending to be Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking.
                Samantha/Jolinar: When pretending to be a Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking. Otherwise it would vary.
                Jalen: My host is shy, I keep trying to get him/her to talk, but mostly he/she just likes to fly the alkesh.
                Per'sus: My symbiote has the stronger communication skills but my host is free to jump in when he/she needs to.
                Ren'aul: My symbiote does most of the talking out of habit but he/she sure has a lot to say about the different tok'ra sporting leagues.
                Tanith: This host is an idiot, he has nothing to say that does compare to my superior knowledge.
                Dr. Raleigh: It depends on the assignment. I’m good at authority while my host is better at keeping us in our place.
                Ta’seem: My host takes a backseat when I need to focus and when on official business. Even then, however, my host is helpful for keeping me from saying anything that might be taken as offensive.
                Ocker: The symbiote mostly speaks in all important matters of the Tok'ra, and in dealings with strangers, like Tau'ri or Jaffa. The host and symbiote are equally likely to speak when we are at home.

Comment

Ok, question 5: Which hobbies/interests do you have?

my suggested changes:
                  change "female lo'tars" to "human slaves". Change "peasant girls" to "peasants". Remove "pills and" from Korra, lol, how morbid! Add "Attractive" to Zarin. what do you think?

compare to 8. If you could take some time off from fighting the Goa'uld, were would you go and what would you do?
                  (not sorted)

What do you think? could these two questions be combined? (I'm fine with combining mine because there seems to be one or the other I don't like anyway, lol!0
                  I think I agree on all the changes for question 5 - lol for poor Korra.

I'm not sure about combining 5 and 8, mainly because I don't know how to do it - would it not make the answers long? (eg. Aldwin: Making paper planes and forcing my symbiote to talk to strangers), though perhaps that doesn't matter. I agree that the question in similar, and that many of the answers can be combined, so perhaps we should do so despite the answers becoming long.
                  Anise/Freya: MEN, shopping, fashion - and did I mention 'pursuing interesing men' LOL

-Skadi
                  sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I also agree - make the changes for question 5. nebulan, how would you merge the answers?
                    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

How does this suggestion for merging 5 and 8 sound?

Garshaw: Knitting and dreaming about that handsome human, O'Neill
                      Aldwin: Making paper planes and forcing my symbiote to talk to strangers
                      Malek: Wind surfing and killing Jaffa
                      Anise/Freya: Pursuing interesting MEN, shopping, fashion
                      Ta'seem: When I get time I've dabbled in cooking some. Otherwise, we work on fixing the other problems in our galaxy.
                      Jalen: Watching romantic comedies and Alkesh joyriding.
                      Ren'aul: Reading romance novels and attending informative scientific seminars.
                      Kanan: Courting attractive human slaves and sometimes rescuing them.
                      Jacob/Selmak: Teasing Tok'ra and going to the Tauri, for one of their nice island vacations
                      Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Our mate and wandering along the beach of a beautiful ocean.
                      Martouf/Lantash: Visit the Tau'ri and spend time with - and hopefully seduce - Samantha.
                      Dr. Raleigh: A good game of sports once in a while. We would also love to spend some quality time with friends and fellow Tok’ra.
                      Samantha/Jolinar: Astrophysics. If we take a vacation, it is to spend more time on our research.
                      Per'sus: Making fun of Goa'uld politics with fellow Tok'ra and enjoy some one on one time with just host and symbiote learning more about galactic history.
                      Zarin: interrogating attractive Jaffa and relax as an undercover Goa'uld
                      Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: It is regrettable, but to maintain my cover, I have to bed the local peasants. Still, they are better off with me. I don't need a vacation - I relax when I am undercover as a Goa'uld.
                      Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld is my life - I can not just take a vacation from it.
                      Korra: Designing better suicide methods for Tok'ra operatives and practicing my Goa'uld imitation for my next mission.
                      Thoran: Having heated arguments with stupid Tau'ri, but I don't really want time off - the Tok'ra cause is my life!
                      Delek: I do not take time off - my work is far too important, but if I do have some time to kill - plotting for power...I mean, thinking of ways to further the Tok'ra cause.
                      Tanith: Plotting the destruction of the Jaffa, Tau'ri and T-... er, I mean petting kittens. If I have more time to spare, I try to kill off more treacherous Jaffa, Tau'ri and T-... er.. I mean underwater basket weaving.
                      Ocker: "Mak tal shree!" (I need not answer you, Defiler)...we could perhaps go over the security of the base - maybe something can be improved

Would that work??

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

How does this suggestion for merging 5 and 8 sound?

Garshaw: Knitting and dreaming about that handsome human, O'Neill
                        Aldwin: Making paper planes and forcing my symbiote to talk to strangers
                        Malek: Wind surfing and killing Jaffa
                        Anise/Freya: Pursuing interesting MEN, shopping, fashion
                        Ta'seem: When I get time I've dabbled in cooking some. Otherwise, we work on fixing the other problems in our galaxy.
                        Jalen: Watching romantic comedies and Alkesh joyriding.
                        Ren'aul: Reading romance novels and attending informative scientific seminars.
                        Kanan: Courting attractive human slaves and sometimes rescuing them.
                        Jacob/Selmak: Teasing Tok'ra and going to the Tauri, for one of their nice island vacations
                        Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Our mate and wandering along the beach of a beautiful ocean.
                        Martouf/Lantash: Visit the Tau'ri and spend time with - and hopefully seduce - Samantha.
                        Dr. Raleigh: A good game of sports once in a while. We would also love to spend some quality time with friends and fellow Tok’ra.
                        Samantha/Jolinar: Astrophysics. If we take a vacation, it is to spend more time on our research.
                        Per'sus: Making fun of Goa'uld politics with fellow Tok'ra and enjoy some one on one time with just host and symbiote learning more about galactic history.
                        Zarin: interrogating attractive Jaffa and relax as an undercover Goa'uld
                        Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: It is regrettable, but to maintain my cover, I have to bed the local peasants. Still, they are better off with me. I don't need a vacation - I relax when I am undercover as a Goa'uld.
                        Korra: Designing better suicide methods for Tok'ra operatives and practicing my Goa'uld imitation for my next mission.
                        Thoran: Having heated arguments with stupid Tau'ri, but I don't really want time off - the Tok'ra cause is my life!
                        Delek: I do not take time off - my work is far too important, but if I do have some time to kill - plotting for power...I mean, thinking of ways to further the Tok'ra cause.
                        Tanith: Plotting the destruction of the Jaffa, Tau'ri and T-... er, I mean petting kittens. If I have more time to spare, I try to kill off more treacherous Jaffa, Tau'ri and T-... er.. I mean underwater basket weaving.
                        Ocker: "Mak tal shree!" (I need not answer you, Defiler)...we could perhaps go over the security of the base - maybe something can be improved

Would that work??

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

actually I was looking at it earlier today (even wrote up some comments but I lost them) but maybe we could keep them, I like a lot of the answers we had for both, maybe just differentaize the answers that are similar? a couple of mind could use some work. Same for question 4 and 21... what if 4 were made more clear, more emphasis on how you "feel" about the host/symbiote relationship and less focus on who does the talking and leave that for question 21? *looks at the time, sad sigh*

Comment

actually I was looking at it earlier today (even wrote up some comments but I lost them) but maybe we could keep them, I like a lot of the answers we had for both, maybe just differentaize the answers that are similar? a couple of mind could use some work. Same for question 4 and 21... what if 4 were made more clear, more emphasis on how you "feel" about the host/symbiote relationship and less focus on who does the talking and leave that for question 21? *looks at the time, sad sigh*
                            Yes, I think so to. Mainly because in the later seasons we never heard the host speaking, other than Jacob, so we don't know who speaks when. We can, presumable, better write something about how we believe the pair feel about their host/symbiote relationship, from how they behave.

-Skadi
                            sigpic

Comment

Good idea. I had difficulty with that question about who spoke when, and I thought it was a bit the same as the one about how their relationship was, so it would be fine with me to combine them.

Something else. I found a fic on fanfiction.net where there are Tok'ra - Delek, Malek, Thoran, (Jack is a Tok'ra for a while - host to Thoran ). I think it seems interesting, though it's not complete yet, and I'm not too fond of waiting interminably for new chapters...

The link is

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4267110/1/The_Petri_Dish
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                                Good idea. I had difficulty with that question about who spoke when, and I thought it was a bit the same as the one about how their relationship was, so it would be fine with me to combine them.

Something else. I found a fic on fanfiction.net where there are Tok'ra - Delek, Malek, Thoran, (Jack is a Tok'ra for a while - host to Thoran ). I think it seems interesting, though it's not complete yet, and I'm not too fond of waiting interminably for new chapters...

The link is

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4267110/1/The_Petri_Dish
                                Story seems good, if a bit unusual. I like it. Though, I have issues with ff.net - their new ad which show all over the window will crash my browser 8 times out of 10, so it's a bit difficult to read anything there (ya have to be persistent)

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Working...
                                X