No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the second one with Egeria best. If you have done anything to the pic to remove the bars, it doesn't show! I'm interested in seeing how a full picture Egeria will look that way?
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

OK, I tried editing out the bars. This is the result

-Skadi
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Doesn't look good on the sideborder, though

Yet another attempt with a noname Tok'ra

-Skadi
        sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I kinda like the first one. what if you did a more progressive transistion (more blur between the egeria picture and the blue background? I'm addicted to feathering I think...

I'd like thoughts from everyone
          I think we can do it per question. I would like to know: Are some of the answers too close? should any be re-worded? How's the order? for this one I have the answers ordered Loyal->proactive->passive/neutral->aggressive->evil

(Garshaw/Yosuuf) Tok'ra are loyal for life! I don't believe such rumours unless I see proof!
          (Egria) Reveal the possible Goa'uld spy through a series of subtle traps.
          Investigate covertly to determine if there is any truth in this.
          (Korra) Be careful and investigate discreetly.
          (Zarrin) Discreetly investigate anyone who has been behaving suspiciously.
          (Jalen) Silently observe your fellow Tok'ra.
          (Sina) I am not surprised. I will keep my eyes and ears open and see if I can figure out who it is.
          (Selmak) Talk to the Council, and make sure they don't blame the Tauri first.
          (Khonsu) Ask trustworthy people to keep their eye and ears open and report anything suspicious - that way we can hopefully find the spy if they exist.
          (Renaul)Ensure that the most valuable information can only be accessed by the most trusted of Tok'ra.
          (Kelmaa) Start random DNA testing.
          (AniseFreya) My symbiote is suspicious, but my host thinks the rumors are groundless
          (Persus) Inquire whether testing would be the proper solution.
          (DrReighly) Say and do nothing. We are in no position to act on rumors.
          (Aldwin) Do nothing unless I am ordered to investigate. It is not my place to listen to rumours.
          (TaSeem) Mutter: “What’s Ba’al up to now?!”
          (Martouf/Lantash,Sam/Jolinar) Grab anyone behaving suspiciously and question them.
          (Kanan) Directly look for suspects without trying to avoid anyone detecting.
          (Delek) It is probably Selmak - those cursed Tau'ri has contaminated her.
          (Marek, Thoran) Suspect your Tau'ri or Jaffa allies to have spread these filthy lies.
          (Tanith) Whistle innocently.

(I updated the html to include this order... I'll probably add more questions soo...)

These are questions for the individual writer: do you want consider changing your "I"s to "We"s? that'll depend on the Tok'ra I think.

Here are my comments: martouflantash and samjolinar are the same, I think they could be different, I guess since I'm ok with Sam/Jolinar being in this now since we decided it would be an AU where Sam joins the tokra in season 2, lol! but I think we might be able to do something interesting with that. I guess I can see same trying to investigate and use smarts more than just the aggressive military-ness in both her and jolinar.
          On Khonsu's I changed (he/she exists) to (they exist), should I change that back?
          Korra, Zarrin, Jalen and Sina's are very similar... but different enough to keep them? RD and I were discussing Sina's and I think it's differences bring our her uniqueness (unphaseable-ness and puzzle solving) and Jalen's key parts is "silently"... what about the other two? good enough to just keep all four? (I'm all for it... no pun intended).
          Maybe I'll try to post a question once a day, but if someone misses one, you can pop in with suggestions any time, this is all very changeable

Change of Topic: Continuum
          There's a snippet of the script here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52828
          So expect more spoilers! it's only the openning scene as far as I can tell, but still. but the Tok'ra thing that caught my attention was:
          Spoiler:
          "Tok'ra Homework". Yeah, only tokra geeks like us would probably even notice, but yay! the Tok'ra finally settled!

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
            I kinda like the first one. what if you did a more progressive transistion (more blur between the egeria picture and the blue background? I'm addicted to feathering I think...
            I'm with you on this. We should have Egeria there, and the first is definatively the best.

I'd like thoughts from everyone
            I think we can do it per question. I would like to know: Are some of the answers too close? should any be re-worded? How's the order? for this one I have the answers ordered Loyal->proactive->passive/neutral->aggressive->evil

(Garshaw/Yosuuf) Tok'ra are loyal for life! I don't believe such rumours unless I see proof!
            (Egria) Reveal the possible Goa'uld spy through a series of subtle traps.
            Investigate covertly to determine if there is any truth in this.
            (Korra) Be careful and investigate discreetly.
            (Zarrin) Discreetly investigate anyone who has been behaving suspiciously.
            (Jalen) Silently observe your fellow Tok'ra.
            (Sina) I am not surprised. I will keep my eyes and ears open and see if I can figure out who it is.
            (Selmak) Talk to the Council, and make sure they don't blame the Tauri first.
            (Khonsu) Ask trustworthy people to keep their eye and ears open and report anything suspicious - that way we can hopefully find the spy if they exist.
            (Renaul)Ensure that the most valuable information can only be accessed by the most trusted of Tok'ra.
            (Kelmaa) Start random DNA testing.
            (AniseFreya) My symbiote is suspicious, but my host thinks the rumors are groundless
            (Persus) Inquire whether testing would be the proper solution.
            (DrReighly) Say and do nothing. We are in no position to act on rumors.
            (Aldwin) Do nothing unless I am ordered to investigate. It is not my place to listen to rumours.
            (TaSeem) Mutter: “What’s Ba’al up to now?!”
            (Martouf/Lantash,Sam/Jolinar) Grab anyone behaving suspiciously and question them.
            (Kanan) Directly look for suspects without trying to avoid anyone detecting.
            (Delek) It is probably Selmak - those cursed Tau'ri has contaminated her.
            (Marek, Thoran) Suspect your Tau'ri or Jaffa allies to have spread these filthy lies.
            (Tanith) Whistle innocently.
            I like the idea of ordering them that way - I don't think it's a problem that some are the same - if I remember correctly then there are some questions where almost EVERYONE (except Tanith, of course, and maybe Delek) has the same answer. As long as they have some answers which are different, then they will be easy enough to score and find result for. I guess there will always be some people that has the same opinion on any question. It's very realistic, I think.
            nebulan, I think you have Egeria, Malek, and a few others spelled wrong.

(I updated the html to include this order... I'll probably add more questions soo...)

These are questions for the individual writer: do you want consider changing your "I"s to "We"s? that'll depend on the Tok'ra I think.

Here are my comments: martouflantash and samjolinar are the same, I think they could be different, I guess since I'm ok with Sam/Jolinar being in this now since we decided it would be an AU where Sam joins the tokra in season 2, lol! but I think we might be able to do something interesting with that. I guess I can see same trying to investigate and use smarts more than just the aggressive military-ness in both her and jolinar.
            On Khonsu's I changed (he/she exists) to (they exist), should I change that back?
            Korra, Zarrin, Jalen and Sina's are very similar... but different enough to keep them? RD and I were discussing Sina's and I think it's differences bring our her uniqueness (unphaseable-ness and puzzle solving) and Jalen's key parts is "silently"... what about the other two? good enough to just keep all four? (I'm all for it... no pun intended).
            Maybe I'll try to post a question once a day, but if someone misses one, you can pop in with suggestions any time, this is all very changeable
            Yes, certainly, keep all those answers that are somewhat different - and of course keep ALL the Tok'ra, even if they have some answers in common - as I said above, I think it is very normal and realistic that there will always be some who answer the same. Don't know about the answers for Sam/Jolinar - they DO both seem to share many personality traits, like the somewhat direct way of searching for a spy, I think. However, maybe Sam should be somewhat mitigated by her scientific way of solving things? Do we know what Rosha or Jolinar did? Where they 'career' military/operatives? Seems that way, but maybe most Tok'ra go undercover from time to time?

We haven't seen Martouf/Lantash being undercover, but presumably they do also - they seem somewhat low-rank, somehow - always doing a new job when we see them - diplomatic duty, envoy, guard, extraction of agent/information (Selmak), etc. Maybe Lantash is born in Egeria's last clutch and thus among the youngest, getting any job that someone is needed for, LOL, poor guy(s).

I don't know how Martouf would do a search for a spy - somewhat more indirect I think, but I agree that Lantash is probably going for the more direct rute, grabbing anyone appearing suspicious. Maybe it's best not to send them on missions requiring subtlety - it is presumably Lantash who needs to be in control in such situations, and I'm not sure he does subtlety well...

Thanks for the link to the script excerpt - yeah, the Tok'ra apparently has a homeworld now.
            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

I'll try and do a more 'blurred' transition between Egeria and the background, on the first sideborder.

nebulan, I like your ordering of the Tok'ra answers, but I think it will not be the same ordering for the same Tok'ra for every question (if you understand what I am saying ) I think that in some cases one (two, I guess ) has the more agressive answer, and in another, it may be a different Tok'ra - again, with the exception of Tanith he's probably always the aggressive one.

I will look at the answers for Sam/Jolinar and for Martouf/Lantash, and see if I can differentiate them a bit.

Answers should probably usually be 'we', but 'I' for Tanith at least - maybe also for Delek...

-Skadi
              sigpic

Comment

yeah, sorry I was unclear, I just meant that was the way I was ordering it for that question, I know that others will probably have to be different, let me know if you think I should change anything.

For the "I"s vs "We"s I'll let the original authors decide if they want theirs changed because it'll probably depend on the individual tok'ra pair

again, let me know if you want me to change anything.

ok, here's question 2. I know you haven't done any Ocker yet, but my sister (who I can't seem to get to post here very often) did make a suggestion for you. Actually, she also sorted these for me since I ended up doing sgfa stuff last night instead. But yeah, keep it or don't, she doesn't really care, she just thought she'd give you the suggestion if you want it

Kelmaa: We should do what we can to help as many people as possible. I will help save the planet.
                Malek: My queen Egeria would want me to save the innocent planet, so that is what I will do.
                Egeria: The Goa'uld meeting is important, but saving innocent lives is even more so.
                Ta'seem: If there's something I can do for the planet, that's definitely where I'll be!
                Martouf/Lantash: We should save SG-1. (Samantha is on the team!)
                Kanan: We must try to save SG-1 - no one must be left behind. It doesn't matter if the plan is not the best thought-through.
                Anise/Freya: We will go and rescue SG-1 - we don't want to risk the lives of either Jack or Daniel
                Korra: It is only fair that I rescue SG-1, they deserve it
                Per'sus: Ensure that an operative is working on the Goa'uld situation and then see what can be done for the planet. If available, a Tok'ra should be sent to help our Tau'ri allies.
                Jalen: If there are plenty of Tok'ra working on the Goa'uld and planet saving situations, I would like to see what I can do to help SG1.
                Samantha/Jolinar: We should save SG-1, unless it is a very important Goa'uld meeting. Then we should attend that.
                **Ocker: Forget about attending the Goa'uld meeting! Let's just bomb the summit and help someone more worthy of our time!
                Dr. Raleigh: We have already infiltrated the Goa'uld meeting and are working to buy some time for SG-1 while there. We hope someone else is working on the planet, because we are in no position to.
                Zarin: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important, but I will of course try to help our allies if possible.
                Garshaw: Regrettably, the Goa'uld meeting is too important to miss. If it ends early enough, we will go to save SG-1.
                Jacob/Selmak: Make very sure that you can only do one, then regrettably go to the Goa'uld meeting—the good of the many must outweigh personal feelings.
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important.
                Thoran: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important - it's not as if the Tau'ri does much to help us anyway. If possible, I may try to rescue them later, if they are still in need of rescuing.
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important. (Humans breed like rabbits anyway)
                Delek: The Goa'uld meeting is obviously the most important - the Tau'ri ought to be able to see that, if they weren't so primitive. Besides - it is only their warlike meddling in things they don't understand which puts them, and far too often us, into the clutches of the Goa'uld.
                Ren'aul: If someone is helping with the planet saving situation, I think I'd like to help take care of the Goa'uld meeting!
                Sina: Do what the leaders would have me do, and hope that we are successful enough to make up for what we weren't able to help with.
                Aldwin: Whatever the Council decides I will do.
                Tanith: Awesome! A Goa'uld meeting! Can I attend??
                Ok, RogueDragon made this suggestion for Kanan:
                **Kanan: We must try to save SG-1 - we should never abandon anyone, no matter what. less earth military, what do you think?

She and I also debated mentioning SG1 members in AniseFreya and LantashMartouf answers but I kinda like it, it adds personality and fun for the person taking the quiz.

oh, and this was her thought process for sorting this one (works for me, lol!)
                "Forget the job obligations! Do the right thing!"
                "Do more than just the job"
                "Do the job"
                "I guess I'll do the job"
                "fine, if I have to!"
                "No!"

here's the link to my wip if I haven't posted it lately http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/tokra.htm . I threw a couple of the new sidebars up (even tho they're both rights, lol!) just to see out they look. I'm playing around with the radio buttons and alignment and stuff right now. I don't know what <div>s are for but I hate them now...

Egeria banner thought... what about putting her in the top banner where maybe she can have more room since she's the only one who's wider than she is tall? maybe. but I rather like what you've already got too
                Last edited by nebulan; 05 May 2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I was working on my Tok'ra answers (part of the reason I avoid gateworld is feeling guilty about still not having those done yet" and I had an idea I thought about sharing (but it's taken mee way too long to put it together and I really need to be heading to sleep...

Anyway, when I was writing up Dr. Raliegh's answers, I figured the "in the dark" question she might shout out some kind of demanding "Kree" as if still in her 2nd-in-command Jaffa undercover roll. So I looked around the net for Goa'uld dictionaries. I thought of sharing some that might work as question awnsers (the ones that sound more uncharacteristic of most to'kra I figured would be pretending to be Jaffa/Goa'uld)

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...a'uld_Language
                  http://www.tokraresistance.com/dictionary.html
                  http://www.stargatehandbook.org/sg1/goauldlangmain.html

of course these are fan-made databases, so don't assume it's perfectly accurate.

First off, if they don't want to awnser the question they can say:

"mak tal shree" (No direct translation. Likely translation: "I need not answer to you, defiler.")

10. Assume that you are on a mission with the Tau'ri. You are all standing in a dark room, when you hear a strange noise, what do you do?

"Kree!" (you can't go wrong with "kree!" can you?

kel nok
                  Likely translation: "Stop, I noticed something/Something is there/What is this"

Aray Kree! _ "Stay where you are!"

Kegalo!
                  Silence!

Ni'ya
                  listen

Cha'hari
                  Don't Shoot/lower your weapons

chan'te
                  No direct translation. From context, likely an order to move forward; scout ahead

hal mek
                  Hold your fire

ha're kree
                  No direct translation, likely means "be silent" (see shal kree)

shal kree
                  No direct translation. Likely an order to fall back or switch to quiet/stealth mode. Also an order to be quiet (see ha're kree)

shal'tek
                  Likely translation to appear/show yourselves

tal shal mak
                  Loosely translated, "Identify yourself"

tal shak
                  No direct translation, likely meaning "Protect/Be on Guard/Be aware"

kree lo tak
                  No direct translation. Likely "Surrender or die" or "Put Down your weapons" (See also kree shak, shak'na kree, shel kree, shel norak, tal bet, and tel ko nak)

kree lok'nel
                  No direct translation. Likely an order to search (See also lok'nel)

kree tol
                  Likely translation, "Do not fire"

kree tal shal mak!
                  An initial ship's hail. No direct translation. Likely a demand for identification

nemet kree
                  Keep away/Stay back.

Aray Kree!
                  Stay where you are!

(I'm giving up on formatting and If I reapeat or something blame my tiredness)

Comment

11. You are on a mission with SG-1 and in order to get away safely, a technical problem needs to be solved...Samantha Carter is looking to you for scientific insights. What is your answer?

macha tre'ac
                    Likely translation: Hand over the item/device. (See also gal a'quel)
                    gal a'quel
                    Likely translation "hand over the item/crystal" (See also macha tre'ac)

Comment

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up until now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

mak tal shree
                      No direct translation. Likely translation: "I need not answer to you, defiler."

onak arik kree
                      No direct translation; based on context, a refusal to agree to any capitulations

“kree chok” (No direct translation. An expression of defiance)
                      “arik tre'ac te kek” ("We do not surrender, even in death)

Kal shaka mel!
                      Go to hell!

Arik tree-ac te kek
                      We do not surrender, even in death

kree shak shel nok
                      Likely translation, "I will never surrender" or "Death before dishonor." (See also "arik tre'ac te kek")

Comment

Opinions about Tau’ri, alliances, Jaffa, or maybe relationship comitment

mak shel lo komo ashma
                        "What do you want in exchange for your assistance?"

hasshak / hashak / hassak
                        No direct translation; an insult, likely meaning "fool"

“chel nak” ("Very cool" ; an expression of being impressed)

hasshak / hashak / hassak
                        No direct translation; an insult, likely meaning "fool"

tal mek. creon te shree. tal mek
                        "Our love does not end in death." (This one I was thinking on along the lines of the relationship question…)

That's all... i sleep nowzzz

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                          ok, here's question 2. I know you haven't done any Ocker yet, but my sister (who I can't seem to get to post here very often) did make a suggestion for you. Actually, she also sorted these for me since I ended up doing sgfa stuff last night instead. But yeah, keep it or don't, she doesn't really care, she just thought she'd give you the suggestion if you want it

Ok, RogueDragon made this suggestion for Kanan:
                          **Kanan: We must try to save SG-1 - we should never abandon anyone, no matter what. less earth military, what do you think?

She and I also debated mentioning SG1 members in AniseFreya and LantashMartouf answers but I kinda like it, it adds personality and fun for the person taking the quiz.
                          I like the suggestion for Kanan. I agree - it is better. I don't remember who wrote for Kanan right now?

Uh, embarassing - I forgot I were to do Ocker Yes, I like RogueDragon's suggestion for #2. I will include it (and get the rest done today or tomorrow, sorry).

I know mentioning SG-1 members is a bit of a give-away, but I still like it. I think we should keep it. It's also mostly for fun we are doing it anyway.

oh, and this was her thought process for sorting this one (works for me, lol!)
                          "Forget the job obligations! Do the right thing!"
                          "Do more than just the job"
                          "Do the job"
                          "I guess I'll do the job"
                          "fine, if I have to!"
                          "No!"

here's the link to my wip if I haven't posted it lately http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/tokra.htm . I threw a couple of the new sidebars up (even tho they're both rights, lol!) just to see out they look. I'm playing around with the radio buttons and alignment and stuff right now. I don't know what <div>s are for but I hate them now...

Egeria banner thought... what about putting her in the top banner where maybe she can have more room since she's the only one who's wider than she is tall? maybe. but I rather like what you've already got too
                          The sorting - haha. I like it
                          Page looks good. I don't remember much of what a <div> tag does. I think it's used to define a section/division. It has something to do with formatting anyway. I don't like it either - I was doing a webpage for my workplace, and they had a stylesheet which made it look totally different if I didn't have all the div's right.

Here is the more 'blurred' Egeria border. I will try your idea and switch her and one of the Tok'ra in the top banner.

-Skadi
                          sigpic

Comment

RogueDragon - I really like the idea of writing some of the responses in Goa'uld - I guess that IS their native language (and I think it actually sounds good ). I will go through those I made and see if anything can be written in Goa'uld. I need to go through them anyway, and check for I/We.

Please don't stay away from the forum because you haven't written all your answers. Come and discuss with us anyway.

-Skadi
                            sigpic

Comment

The blurred image of Egeria is better, but I agree with nebulan - do try and put her on the top banner, then there should be space for all of her.

I like the idea of putting some Goa'uld in the answers - I will look at doing that.
                              sigpic

Comment

I wrote for Kanan. I agree, let's use RogueDragon's suggestion. It's better than what I wrote
                                sigpic
                                button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Working...
                                X