Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the small pic spam - lol

nebulan, I think it's a great idea to order the questions that way. The quiz-page looks really good. Great work!

Regarding the sideborder pictures of Sam/Jolinar and Tanith (guess Hebron is as good as dead, as you say), I can either only do an outline for Tanith and a question mark, or put in a 'redshirt' Tok'ra, as there are plenty of those in the background of many scenes - all the guards that are always following the episodes main Tok'ra for instance. Otherwise I can put in Egeria, without a host? That way I get 7 Tok'ra on each side - I need about that number to get it to look good and still have the borders blend reasonably at the ends - or I have to start messing with the crystals.
    For Sam/Jolinar - I can take the picture from "the good Tok'ra of the North" or the one where she sees herself in the mirror, dressed in Jolinar's clothing. Both would do. I will try playing around with that.

-Skadi
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

tok'ra, I'm fine with flashing eyes sam right now for jolinar, this is just a rough draft, nothing about this is set in stone, if we get this all finished and then after Continuum we decide to add a new tok'ra we always can.
      (continuum promo pic)
      Spoiler:

.... nah, he doesn't look that interesting, lol!

For Tanith, a redshirt Tok'ra is fine by me, or egeria, she doesn't really need a body, does she? My sister was sending me random names of other minor tokra... but I'd rather one without a name so we don't have to write a new thing for him/her/it.

General Question: What resolution do most people use? Does everyone use something higher than 800x600? (if you don't know what I'm talking about, go to your desktop settings (in windows you can get there by right-clicking on your desktop and going to "desktop properties" and then over to settings... if you have those permissions on the computer...) or more general, does this: http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/tokra.htm fit in your screen when you maximize the window?

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
        tok'ra, I'm fine with flashing eyes sam right now for jolinar, this is just a rough draft, nothing about this is set in stone, if we get this all finished and then after Continuum we decide to add a new tok'ra we always can.
        (continuum promo pic)
        Spoiler:

.... nah, he doesn't look that interesting, lol!

For Tanith, a redshirt Tok'ra is fine by me, or egeria, she doesn't really need a body, does she? My sister was sending me random names of other minor tokra... but I'd rather one without a name so we don't have to write a new thing for him/her/it.

General Question: What resolution do most people use? Does everyone use something higher than 800x600? (if you don't know what I'm talking about, go to your desktop settings (in windows you can get there by right-clicking on your desktop and going to "desktop properties" and then over to settings... if you have those permissions on the computer...) or more general, does this: http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/tokra.htm fit in your screen when you maximize the window?
        This weekend I will try make one example with a redshirt Tok'ra and one with Egeria, hostless. I will also get the answers for Ocker finished, I have been busy this week.

My screen resolution on my laptop is 1280x800, which is what I currently use at home. When/if I ever get the time to mess with the hardware in my desktop and figure out what is wrong with it, it normally used 1024x768 resolution.

-Skadi
        sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I think my computer resolution is 1024x768 too.
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

My resolution is 1280x800

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

This thing will not run anything more than 800x600, but do make a larger wbpage, because I will be getting another (also used) computer next month, and it should be better.

I'm sooooooooooo looking forward to getting that computer - this one dies if I try to open my photobucket account and sometimes this forum, b/c the advertisements, flash... is too much for it.
              sigpic
              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

yay! i'll keep the banner the width that it is! I'll aim for 1024 wide resolutions. Don't stress about it Skadi, cuz I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to it much this weekend.

There is something to be done about the flash ads Janson, I'll PM you because I don't think the Mods would appreciate me publicly telling you.

Comment

I finished this drawing of a concept for human/symbiote hybrids a while ago, just never got around to putting it up until now.

http://nebulan.deviantart.com/art/To...ybrid-84106164

Comment

I finished this drawing of a concept for human/symbiote hybrids a while ago, just never got around to putting it up until now.

http://nebulan.deviantart.com/art/To...ybrid-84106164
                    I like your drawing/concept. I'm guessing compatibility with humans or ability to take a symbiote shouldn't be a problem, since that's were they got all their DNA? No idea.
                    I like the skin-color matching scales, and yeah, the symbiotes seems to be as different from each other as humans are - which makes sense of course.
                    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Right sideborder with no name Tok'ra

Right sideborder with Egeria

They are both bad - problem is resolution. I am going to go dig out the episodes tomorrow and do some new screencaps myself, of a couple of no name Tok'ras and of Egeria. The pictures I found online were pretty much useless. (No name Tok'ra has a bad habit of hanging around in the background where they are small, out of focus, and often some part of their face is covered). Problem for Egeria is not just resolution - it is also those 'bars' - I hope there is a picture were they are convering her less.

-Skadi
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the one with the no name Tok'ra is the best, but if you could get a better pic of Egeria, then that would be nice.
                        sigpic

Comment

I attempted to screencap some better Egeria pictures, but it is not easy. There is ALWAYS those bars from the cage/aquarium blocking some part of either her face or (usually) her neck. These were the best I got. Oh, well. At least the quality is slightly better.

sigpic

Comment

Here are the (at least for now) best caps I got of a Tok'ra extra. I will try watch through Serpent's Song, as I think Martouf/Lantash has two extras with them in that episode. Problem is still focus and light.

Spoiler:

-Skadi
                            sigpic

Comment

hmm, egeria is tough... maybe if you shrink her enough you might be able to CG out the bars, but that might be more work than it's worth. For the Tok'ra redshirt, maybe leave in more of his outfit? because with just his face it's harder to know who we're supposed to be looking at, lol!

Continuum (It's a cap from the promo)
                              Spoiler:

Do you think we'll get to see the tok'ra beyond just the first part?

but hey, looks like the have the season 6/7 outfits as well as the older ones (in the back)

Comment

hmm, egeria is tough... maybe if you shrink her enough you might be able to CG out the bars, but that might be more work than it's worth. For the Tok'ra redshirt, maybe leave in more of his outfit? because with just his face it's harder to know who we're supposed to be looking at, lol!

Continuum (It's a cap from the promo)
                                Spoiler:

Do you think we'll get to see the tok'ra beyond just the first part?

but hey, looks like the have the season 6/7 outfits as well as the older ones (in the back)
                                I tried CG'ing out one of the bars - it works reasonably, so I may end up taking out more of them and put in all of her. This is my first attempt, but with just face and some upper body.

This is from another picture of Egeria

and this is the noname Tok'ra

Tomorrow (or more likely later in the week or in the weekend) I will try CG'ing out all tha bars and put in a picture of Egeria, full figure, external womb and all. I will also try to look through Serpent's Song for a better picture of an extra - I seem to remember that one should have some of the best.

About Continuum - I don't know. I dearly hope we are going to see more of the Tok'ra - they have a great chance of showing lots of them, since Earth (without Stargate) has never met them in the AU timeline. There could be lots of them still alive, without the danger posed by SG-1 - lol (all but Selmak, I guess, given that she wouldn't get a host with no Jacob there to help - or all/most could be dead because Cordesh betrayed them? Hmm. Difficult to tell.) Anyway, I hope for lots and lots of Tok'ra (but will be happy to just see a few, more than once - and please don't kill them!)

-Skadi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X