No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New top banner. Better picture for Zarin. I attempted to do something to the pictures of Delek and Garshaw - they are a little better, but I'm not sure I'm happy yet.

Spoiler:

-Skadi
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I have collected all the answers and all the results. I think I got all the changes/comments that were added afterwards by the authors, in later postings (please check).

I took out 4 comments in the answers from Sam/Jolinar about her mate, even though I still think a Tok'ra symbiote isn't going to give up a 100 year relationship when she gets a new host - and their feelings seems very strong, given that Sam could feel them as if they were her own - also this is an AU were Sam kept Jolinar.
      Hmm...this kind of makes me wonder what would happen if BOTH host and symbiote were in a long-term relationship before the blending, given the whole "we feel as one" thing - would they start a menage-a-troi?

Anyway - they file I got from collecting all of this is LONG - both too long to post in (many) posts and too long to attach, so I had to split it up in three attachments.

We need answers for only two more - Sina and Kelmaa (unless I overlooked the answers for them - it's entirely possible, given that this quiz-discussion is spread out over LOTS of pages).

We still need the results for maybe 8 Tok'ra, I think.

-Skadi
      Attached Files
      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Just a posting with the answers for questions 11-21 attached.

-Skadi
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

And these are the results. The missing ones are: Sina, Kelmaa, Dr. Raleigh, Jalen, Per'sus, Ren'aul, Ta'seem, and Tanith. Also, I think there needed to be done a bit of rewrite for Kanan, as there is maybe too much mentioning of lo'tar's - or what? Who wrote for Kanan? One other thing - we need to gender neutralize the answers - use the he/she/they (or maybe just stick with they and such?)
          I took out some mentioning of "I'm a base commander" and "I'm a councillor" from peoples answers (for Malek and Garshaw) - hope that's OK????

-Skadi
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Skadi; 19 April 2008, 08:03 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

wow! great work Skadi! I should have my answers for Tanith, Ren'aul, Jalen and Per'sus around here somewhere, I'll add those in. And then I'll bug my sister about Sina, Kelmaa, Dr. Raleigh, and Ta'seem. (I believe she's finished Raleigh and Ta'seem, she needs some prodding for the others, don't worry, I'll get them out of her ) Can't work on it today... maybe a little (I need to find away to get a shelf out of the back of my car by myself before meeting people to carpool at 5:00, lol! so we'll see how long that takes).

Comment

Sounds good, nebulan The quiz is going to be great!

Here are a new left (or right, I suppose ) sideborder. The other will follow shortly - just need to add in one more Tok'ra. I am going to put in Ocker I think, even if he is not among the once in our quiz, because then I will have the same number on both sides - and I couldn't make it look good with fewer than 7 if I want the sides to blend well - and we do want that as the quiz will be much longer than one screen I ended up using Kanan in Jack, as Kanan's own colors blend a little too well with the background.

-Skadi
              sigpic

Comment

Right sideborder. Ta'seem was being difficult, colour-wise - I think this is a good as I can get him. By the way - I am really feeling bad about Ocker now - I know he is only in one episode (Alligiance) and gets killed pretty quickly, but he is a named Tok'ra and we do see him some in that episode. He deserves to be in the quiz as much as the others. I think I will start writing something for him

-Skadi
                sigpic

Comment

Wow - nice work, Skadi
                  sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Yeah, looks good - and yes, do include Ocker
                    Regarding Kanan - I wrote for him and will look at changing some of the lo'tar references - I put them in because I don't really know much about him, but I'll look at it
                    sigpic
                    button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

OK, here are my new answers for Kanan. They are largely the same, but I took out all but one mentioning of lo'tars. I agree - it was a bit excessive
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                        OK, here are my new answers for Kanan. They are largely the same, but I took out all but one mentioning of lo'tars. I agree - it was a bit excessive
                        Lol. Well, he isn't really known for anything except surpressing Jack and liking Ba'al's lo'tar I like your rewrite for your answers - much better.

-Snotr
                        sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                        (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                        Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Oh yeah, I was thinking, what about leaving Tanith off the banners? I mean, he isn't technically a Tok'ra and that way when someone does get his results it'll be more of a surprise

Thought for Sam/Jolinar, what about manipping long-haired Sam? Cuz... if she's no longer in the airforce, maybe she'd grow it out lol, I just had a thought about making a generic Tok’ra with a question mark on his face *snort*

I was posting at the female tokra pic game and I had a realization: A lot of Tok’ra are either One-Episode-Wonders or One-Season-Wonders. Of the ones that are actually in more than just one episode

One Episode Wonders: Korra, Garshaw/Yosuuf, Ta'Seem, Per’sus, Ocker, Delek.
                          One ep wonders cuz they died the ep they were introduced: Saroosh, Zarin, Khonsu, Cordesh, Kanan, Kelmaa, Egeria, Jolinar (well, she came back in flash backs and Rosha was only seen in flashbacks…), I consider Hebron as being killed in Crossroads.
                          Thoran is almost a one ep wonder… since it’s sorta the same story arc even tho “nightwalkers” was in the middle.

One Season Wonders: Season 4-Anise/Freya. Season 5: Ren’aul, Jalen(almost). Season 6: Malek, Thoran, Sina

So.. Martouf was in seasons 2-4 (9), Lantash 2-5 (9), Jacob/Selmak in seasons 2-8, Aldwin seasons 3-5

(Lantash was in Martouf in "Ripple Effect" right??)

Might still be alive: Thoran, Korra, Garshaw/Yosuuf, Ta'Seem, Per’sus, Ocker, Delek, Anise/Freya, Jalen, Malek, Sina… who am I missing?

Speaking of Hebron, why didn’t they just save him? The last thing he would have wanted to do was be a host to a Goa’uld! Was it really worth the sacrifice of poor Hebron to use him/Tanith to feel false info to the Goa’uld?? (honestly, maybe they would have, but then the writers wouldn’t have been able to introduce their new villain and Teal’c new revenge thing *gah! The horribly over done storyline that should have ended with Cronus!)

Thought:
                          Who lives longer? A Tok’ra or a Jaffa?

Continuum silly thought
                          Spoiler:
                          What if they're removing the ba'al symbiote and sticking in a Tok'ra (since the host would probably die without a symbiote, he's probably really old)? I can imagine Vala having an amusing line like "hmm, got any really friendly tok'ra, preferably intellegent, in there?" as she looks at a vat with a lone symbiote in it who hisses at her.

congrats to our winners at the Heal&Hurt game:
                          yay! congrats!

Major: Martouf/Lantash

Minor: Egeria, the Tok'Ra mother

stolen from Skadi (you'll only get this if you know the reference)

Cunnin', don't ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                            ly get this if you know the reference)[/I]

Cunnin', don't ya think?
                            That is genius! And I think I have the same opinion on both hats...

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Meh... Here's a rough draft. http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/tokra/tokra.htm I'm just going for looks right now, there's nothing underneath. but I was wondering, what about order of questions? I was thinking, instead of randomizing the, we could order them from nicest to meanest. have you ever played like Kotor or something, you have options for good responses or evil responses, like if you have the opportunity to save a begger from bullies you can have responses like:

-It was no big deal, here, have a bunch more money, i hope it helps.
                              -It was no big deal, stay out of trouble now.
                              -Just stay out of my way.
                              -now give me everything you've got or I'm killing you too!

lol! So basically Tanith's answers will always be at the bottom and Delek etc's right above that. I hope to proof read all this and more, but I thought i'd show you what I got done today. but I hope it gives an idea of just how long the page will be, lol!

Maybe we can look for similar answers and merge them, just to reduce the length of the page. either way, I'm probably looking at some string parsing... I hope that's do-able in javascript?

I was just watching (or rather mostly listening) to "Cure". Egeria has some really sweet theme music

Comment

I like it!

For the order of the answers, I think from one extreme on the top to the other extreme on the bottom would be the easiest to read and not as likely for people to try and get one character all the time (like the quizzes where Jack's always the top answer, then Daniel, then Sam, no matter what the question).

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X