Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many more chapters in "Undercover - the Life of a Tok'ra Operative"

Category: Drama
    Summary: The life of an undercover Tok'ra operative is never easy—a lesson Jolinar and her hosts learn again and again, first when she is discovered in Cronus's court, and again under Zipacna. Despite convincing the Jaffa she is a god, Jolinar must flee again, this time taking a new host—Rosha—and beginning a journey that will one day lead her to meeting SG-1.
    Pairings: MOSTLY GEN, though some: Jolinar/OC, Rosha/Jolinar/Lantash (w/ OC host for Lantash), Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
    Characters: Jolinar, OCs, Selmak, Malek, Cronus, Bastet, Apophis, Zipacna, Garshaw, Rosha, Lantash, Martouf, others
    Notes: Written for Summer of Stargate 2011 on LiveJournal. This story is a prequel and a stand-alone sequel to the authors fic "Early Beginnings". * denotes host/symbiote communication. Story begins about 560 years before SG-1 and runs up until about 25 years before SG-1.

On Fanfiction.net:

Chapter 1 | Chapter 38

On Symbiotica: http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewuser....d=15&offset=25

Second to last story on page

For now, only chapter 7 and 38 are different between the two (they are PG-13 on fanfiction.net and NC-17 on Symbiotica)

It's a good story, despite the fact it only has 11 reviews in 38 chapters.
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      I just did something fun with the Tok'ra characters in the latest chapter of my fic... ;-)
      Loved the chapter - and forgot to review *I'm bad*
      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Glad you liked it! I had fun writing it!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

"Undercover - the Life of a Tok'ra Operative" has been completed.

Category: Drama
          Summary: The life of an undercover Tok'ra operative is never easy—a lesson Jolinar and her hosts learn again and again, first when she is discovered in Cronus's court, and again under Zipacna. Despite convincing the Jaffa she is a god, Jolinar must flee again, this time taking a new host—Rosha—and beginning a journey that will one day lead her to meeting SG-1.
          Pairings: MOSTLY GEN, though some: Jolinar/OC, Rosha/Jolinar/Lantash (w/ OC host for Lantash), Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
          Characters: Jolinar, OCs, Selmak, Malek, Cronus, Bastet, Apophis, Zipacna, Garshaw, Rosha, Lantash, Martouf, others
          Notes: Written for Summer of Stargate 2011 on LiveJournal. This story is a prequel and a stand-alone sequel to the authors fic "Early Beginnings". * denotes host/symbiote communication. Story begins about 560 years before SG-1 and runs up until about 25 years before SG-1.

On Fanfiction.net:

Chapter 1 | Chapter 39

On Symbiotica: http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewuser....d=15&offset=25

Second to last story on page

Only chapter 7 and 38 are different between the two (they are PG-13 on fanfiction.net and NC-17 on Symbiotica)
          sigpic

Comment

"The Fall of Setona"
            SUMMARY: When the Tok'ra learn that the Goa'uld Nephthys wishes to subjugate a planet that has been free of the Goa'uld for centuries, they decide to intervene. Pre-series. PAIRING: Mostly gen, but some Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
            RATING: PG-13
            CHARACTER: Martouf, Lantash, Jolinar, Malek, Zarin, Thoran, others

Chapter 1
            sigpic

Comment

New chapter:

The Fall of Setona by Roeskva
              When the Tok'ra learn that the Goa'uld Nephthys wishes to subjugate a planet that has been free of the Goa'uld for centuries, they decide to intervene. Pre-series. Backstory for Martouf. Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
              Rated: PG-13, Drama, Chapters: 11, Words: 27,320
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                New chapter:

The Fall of Setona by Roeskva
                When the Tok'ra learn that the Goa'uld Nephthys wishes to subjugate a planet that has been free of the Goa'uld for centuries, they decide to intervene. Pre-series. Backstory for Martouf. Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
                Rated: PG-13, Drama, Chapters: 11, Words: 27,320
                I think I've read this one before - in the original NC-17 version on Symbiotica! It's really good, though, so it's a good idea to repost it on fanfiction.net.
                sigpic
                Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I like Selmak/Jacob even better than Martouf/Lantash because Selmak and Jacob tried to change how the Tok'ra did things. To me, they best personified the purported Tok'ra philosophy.

But I do wish Martouf/Lantash had had more of a chance to do the same. They killed him off too soon!

Comment

They killed Martouf/Lantash off much much too soon - they should not have done it at all.

The reason I like them more than Jacob/Selmak, is that Jacob is from Earth, and so more "like us" than any of the others. I want to see how the "not-from-Earth" Tok'ra reacted to the things that happened, and how they tried to change things. Martouf and Lantash were the ones working for the Tok'ra-Tau'ri treaty and alliance which was signed in D&C, so they showed an amazing wish to want to change things, for not being from Earth.

Jacob, sort of, "had it in his blood" as he was already from Earth and had that way of thinking of things. So not as much of a challenge for the character, I think.

That doesn't change the fact that I love the character of Selmak very much - it is just that with Jacob being from Earth, he was already on our side. The interesting thing with him was when he did not argue for Earth, but for the Tok'ra instead, which did happen sometimes. I really loved him in the episode "Tangent" when he tells Sam how young and not ready humans are!
                    sigpic

Comment

I like Jacob and Selmak because we got to go through the process of becoming a Tok'ra with Jacob. We can relate to Jacob, I like that

Comment

Selmak is my favourite Tok'ra, and I agree that it was great to see him go through the process of becoming Tok'ra - and yes, he is the one we can relate to because of that.
                        sigpic
                        [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

I prefer Selmak I never liked Martouf and his obsession with Sam.
                          My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

I love the idea of Tok'ra, but I especially like creating original Tok'ra characters and using them in fanfic. Lately, my Muse is whispering ideas into my mind that she wants me to use when I write the backstory fic centered on my major Tok'ra OC from All That We Leave Behind.

Problem is, I need to finish publishing ATWLB first!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I love all the Tok'ra, but perhaps Jacob least. I do love Selmak. The thing (for me) is, that Jacob is from Earth, and I think we see enough of those from the SGC. When I see a Tok'ra, I want to see someone with a (more completely) different perspective, and how they look at Earth and see how they perhaps start to change to accommodate this new force in the Galaxy.

Yes, we can relate to Jacob, and it is interesting to follow his journey to become Tok'ra (I very much love Tok'ra I&II, and Jacob's talk with Saroosh/Selmak), but I think I would have loved it more if we saw some other Tok'ra more often.

When having a Tok'ra on the episode, I would have liked if they had sent Jacob/Selmak, and also someone else, usually, or maybe someone else only, usually. Anise, Lantash, Malek, Korra, someone else entirely - just someone who is only Tok'ra.

And...more than anything else, I would have loved to see more of the Tok'ra - and much more of the duality of host and symbiote. Except for Jacob (and we saw Selmak way way too rarely), they stopped showing both host/symbiote after early season 4. That was the part I LOVED about the Tok'ra, and which made them unique and so very very interesting.
                              sigpic
                              Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Okay, my Muse won. She kept insisting I should start working on Sabar's story while working on ATWLB, too. I finally gave in, so now I'll be writing and publishing two stories at once. Eeeeaaaaahhhhh!

Anyway, Sabar's Tale can be found at Symbiotica. I've also put it on FF.net. Give me some time and I'll get it onto AO3 as well, and eventually onto my own site.

It's basically the backstory of my major Tok'ra OC, Sabar, set prior to ATWLB, in which I introduced him. There will be adventure and intrigue along the way, and sort of an unusual look at both Tok'ra and Goa'uld society. Enjoy!
                                Last edited by SF_and_Coffee; 27 September 2011, 06:23 PM. Reason: to add a link.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X