Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtKatia View Post
    And for my post number 14 in this thread today...

Symbiotica is coming back up!!!!

http://tokra.fandomnet.com/

And now I'll shut up for today and go to bed...it's 4AM!
    *grins* I'm happy you keep the group active

And so happy to hear that Symbiotica is back up *goes to check*
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Seems 51 stories by 5 writers have been posted - and that it seems to be possible to get an account by just signing up, no emailing back and forth is needed anymore! That's great, because you need an account to review!
      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Oh, and we're at 100 PAGES!!!!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!! *jumps around happily!*
        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

yay! more icons, I'm so excited

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
            Nice!

Squeee!
            sigpic

Comment

Congrats!!!

I don't have much free time and can't contribute as much as I hoped I would but you guys seem to be managing great on your own. Keep up the good work!
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                sigpic
                Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

And I'm so happy Symbiotica is coming back up! I need to get my fic reposted there - as soon as I can get to it. Silly me has forgotten her password for google docs, which is now the only place my fic is stored...
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

So, Symbiotica is back up? Glad to hear it! That's the place with most Tok'ra fic out there!

Lots of nice icons, guys! Thanks for posting those links! Perhaps I need a new icon (as soon as I am allowed custom ones - those Anise ones are really neat)!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
                      So, Symbiotica is back up? Glad to hear it! That's the place with most Tok'ra fic out there!

Lots of nice icons, guys! Thanks for posting those links! Perhaps I need a new icon (as soon as I am allowed custom ones - those Anise ones are really neat)!
                      Yes, 2000 posts is a lot
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if this is off-topic, but...

Do we know how the sarcophagus works? Can it only heal injuries/revive people or have we ever seen it cure a disease?
                        If the latter is the case - how does the sarcophagus decide what to cure?

I guess you could say vira isn't really alive, so fair it would destroy those. But what about Bacteria? They are certainly alive. And what about parasitic infections? There you even got multi-cellular life forms inside another. How does it decide to kill that and not to make the parasite healthier as well?

Especially since it can obviously handle more than one lifeform - it kept both the Goa'uld and the creature eating him alive in that episode with the ziggurat. So it doesn't even check for sentience (I am not assuming the eater-creature was sentient?)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
                          I'm not sure if this is off-topic, but...

Do we know how the sarcophagus works? Can it only heal injuries/revive people or have we ever seen it cure a disease?
                          If the latter is the case - how does the sarcophagus decide what to cure?

I guess you could say vira isn't really alive, so fair it would destroy those. But what about Bacteria? They are certainly alive. And what about parasitic infections? There you even got multi-cellular life forms inside another. How does it decide to kill that and not to make the parasite healthier as well?

Especially since it can obviously handle more than one lifeform - it kept both the Goa'uld and the creature eating him alive in that episode with the ziggurat. So it doesn't even check for sentience (I am not assuming the eater-creature was sentient?)
                          Well, we actually know for certain that it does not kill off all parasites (symbiotes) that live inside a host placed in the sarcophagus. Because it certainly does not harm the Goa'uld or Tok'ra. Quite on the contrary, it heals them as well as the host. I don't know what it does to 'bad' parasites - the ones that causes diseases, I mean. Perhaps it is simply set to heal vertebrates? If that is the case it would heal symbiotes, humans, and that eating-creature you mentioned. But it would kill vira, bacteria, 'normal' parasites, as they are all non-vertebrates. That would be an easy and safe setting.
                          sigpic

Comment

while the goa'uld didn't invent the stargates, they did invent the sarcophogus, didn't them? The goa'uld teltek or something to make the glow box thing in the ep "Evolution"? so I would imagine they would program them NOT to kill goa'ulds. also, was the eating creature thing exo-skeletal? then *technically* that would be an invertebrate. I bet ya tho they can program it: don't kill symbionts, don't kill torture animal

random torka spam

Comment

Yes, the Goa'uld Telchak invented the sarcophagus, using the Ancient healing cube as model (I think it was in the episode Evolution we were told?) From the information it happened maybe 3000 years ago. Anubis killed him when he had made the sarcophagus, because he wanted the cube. I agree, it would make sense they hade made the sarcophagus to not harm symbiotes. For all we now, they could be hard-wired to heal humans, symbiotes, Jaffa and maybe Unas. And then it could be possible to program it to heal others. It would be safest to have the humans, symbiotes, etc. hardwired into it, so no one could mess with it (slaves, Tok'ra, assassins from other Goa'uld/ashraks) and make the local Goa'uld be killed by it.

I am not sure if the eating creature in 'The Tomb' was a vertebrate or not. I do remember:

1) it had teath, which I think is a vertebrate-only feature
                              2) It also had venom, but that exists in vertebrates and invertebrates alike, so that doesn't tell us anything.
                              3) it had a really weird, almost multi-faceted vision, which does point towards non-vertebrate
                              4) I think they said at some earlier point in the series that Goa'uld could only take vertebrates as hosts, but I am not certain, and it doesn't matter anyway, since they are known to ignore continuity when it suits them
                              5) the creature bleeds when wounded. I think that's vertebrate-only

So, I think I'm going with vertebrate, though a strange one
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X